Old 08-20-2011, 16:55   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh Special Forces Fraud

David Oh

Professionalsoldiers.com is in possession of your official military records. And after close examination we have determined that you are not or ever were a member of the US Army Special Forces.

You may have tried but you never made it through the Special Forces Qualification course.

While someone in the 20th Group may have slotted you as an 18A you actually NEVER earned that title.

David Oh you are not or ever have been a Special Forces soldier, aka "Green Beret".

Team Sergeant
Old 08-20-2011, 16:56   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Clout: Military officers: Council hopeful Oh was no Green Beret
By Chris Brennan
Philadelphia Daily News

The short version of David Oh's political resume: The former city prosecutor enlisted in the U.S. Army National Guard, joined an elite Special Forces unit and then came home to run a law practice.

But two high-ranking military officers familiar with Oh's National Guard record say his claim to have been a Green Beret is bunk.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...html?viewAll=y
Old 08-20-2011, 18:53   #3
albeham
Quiet Professional

TS your not only the man, but the only man...

This gent has no clue of the pain that moves towards him...

How do I help spread the word???
Old 08-20-2011, 18:55   #4
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

I yearn, somewhat, for the post-Viet Nam days, when some did not covet that which was not theirs!
Old 08-20-2011, 19:06   #5
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Oh to contest report of his military service
The City Council candidate says he is “preparing an official response” to a report that he exaggerated his military record.
By Bob Warner

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

City Council candidate David Oh on Friday contested a Philadelphia Daily News report that he misrepresented his military record by describing himself as an officer with the Army’s 20th Special Forces Group, an elite unit whose members are popularly known as Green Berets.

“That is not a misrepresentation,” Oh wrote Friday in a Facebook post. “I served as a 2nd lieutenant, 20th Special Forces Group [Airborne]. I provided documentation of my service.”

Oh added that he was “preparing an official response” to the Daily News front-page article, which quoted his former commanding officer accusing Oh of “stretching” his claim of having been a Green Beret. Oh declined to say anything more on the record Friday.

Oh, 51, a lawyer, is making his third run for an at-large Council seat. In the May primary, he was the top vote-getter among the Republican at-large candidates. Two of five GOP candidates are likely to win seats in November.

His current website describes his military service as follows: “In 1988, David resigned from his position as Assistant D.A. to enlist in the U.S. Army … [W]ith hard work and perseverance, he qualified for Officer Candidates School, was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, and joined the U.S. Army Special Forces ( Airborne). During Operation Desert Storm, David was called to active duty, but before he was deployed, the war ended. He received an honorable discharge and returned to Philadelphia.”

The website’s only prominent reference to Green Berets is a video clip from Glenn Devitt, president of United Northeast Neighbors, with a quotation pulled out as a headline: “David Oh has served this nation as a Green Beret, served this city as an Assistant District Attorney and served his community as a community leader.”

The controversy is based on the stringent training required to become a Special Forces-qualified officer — when Oh was in the service, it involved completion of a three-week Special Forces assessment course followed by nine more months of training at Fort Bragg, N.C.

Oh was already an officer when he was assigned to the Special Forces unit for training. He went through the initial three-week assessment course but was not invited to continue at Fort Bragg.

“I was the Special Forces company commander at the time, and Mr. Oh was in my unit,” Col. James E. Croall, the commanding officer quoted by the Daily News, told The Inquirer on Friday. Croall said he had a group of about 40 recruits for the Special Forces qualification course.

“Some make it, but a higher percentage of guys don’t make it,” he said. “David Oh was attached to our company for training, but he was not Special Forces-qualified.”

Croall said soldiers have to complete the additional ninemonth training program to be considered Special Forces, with the right to call themselves Green Berets.

But Nicholas Panarella, a Philadelphia lawyer who served in Special Forces in Vietnam and who later became executive officer of the 20th Special Forces Group — part of the Maryland National Guard — defended Oh.

“I know Jim [Croall]. I recruited him, and I recruited David outside a Philadelphia courtroom,” Panarella said. “This is not a stolen-valor-type issue. We are not Green Berets, that is something we wear. We are Special Forces. … While David was in our unit he was fully qualified to wear the Green Beret. … He was never Special Forces-qualified, but he didn’t have to be.”

Panarella dismissed the story as “a nonissue.”

“David is a second-generation Korean American who defined his citizenship … as owing something to his country,” Panarella said. “After he became a lawyer, when he was already in his career progression at the D.A.’s Office, he gave the government a blank check that said, ‘payable in full, even including my death.’ That’s something to honor, that’s not something to degrade.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Oh...mpid=124488824
Old 08-20-2011, 19:09   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

LOL, now I'm laughing, a Full COL (National Guard) telling the media David Oh was fully qualified to wear the Green Beret, but.........

"He was never Special Forces-qualified, but he didn’t have to be.”"

This must be a different US Army Special Forces........Airsoft maybe?
Old 08-20-2011, 19:12   #7
alelks
Quiet Professional

Someone needs to send them a picture of a pregnant female wearing a "Green Beret" and ask if she is "Special Forces".
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote