Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 7th Special Forces Group

Old 12-25-2010, 22:30   #16
Green Light
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve View Post
And you were an engineer? LOL...that extra year is just the "P" for plenty...

"Hey Sir, watch this..."
Now that's just mean! All the neurons were firing back in those days.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 22:42   #17
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Just remember...takes one to know one....;
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:39   #18
JAGO
"The Quiet Counsel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noslack71 View Post
... one of their plainclothes (I cant remember the name of the not very secret police) ...
Noslack
Noslack 71,
IIRC, "DNI".
v/r
phil
JAGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 14:58   #19
Jefe
Auxiliary

87-91

Was with the 193rd down there and they were by far my best days in the Army. Was OPCON to 7th GRP on/off for about 6 months post invasion and what a great time. Just doing Zone Recons with 3-4 other guys mostly. Got to go everywhere but down south.

Have gone back several times since. The ANCON Deni Warehouse which was the site of a good fight is a new highway know and the 508th Barracks at Kobbe is the National Police Academy.

I wonder what ever become of the Caymans we had as mascots.

And 20 plus years? Wow. Most people will never know how close we came to losing the entire region to the Communists in those days and how IMO but for President Reagan we might very well have.

Now they are all coming back with Chavez, Morales and re-enter Ortega.
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 16:02   #20
Stras
Quiet Professional

Operation Just Because

Just Because we could...

Did the Airfield Seizure with 2/75 at Rio Hato... damn Stealth fighter missed his target and took out the comissary. spent a couple of days pulling glass shards out of bread when we ran out of MREs.

Flew under the Bridge of Americas on the way back to Howard AFB.

Damn, I feel old.... celebrated my one year in the army anniversary in Panama..

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:54   #21
MFFJM2
Asset

During Operation Just Cause and Promote Liberty I was assigned as the XO in B Company, 3rd Battalion, 7th SFG under CPT (P) Bruce Yost, the Company CO, and LTC Roy Trumble the BN CO. I remember hearing about the Fast Rope incident. Can't believe it's been 21 years.
Old 03-22-2011, 16:16   #22
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Most exciting night of my life (A-1-7 SFG) As little as there was. It was my first combat experience. Ill say it again, thank god I went to 7th SFG. At least we invade countries with good looking women
Old 03-22-2011, 17:09   #23
alelks
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu-MFFI 175 View Post
Our unit was attached to 3/7 at the time. We had teams all over the place, Most were at PDF garrisons from David down across to Las Tablas, in those areas.. We had 1 team based out of Rio Hato and later 2/7 came in an relieved our teams and we retured back to Bragg. Those guys came to stay for a 6 month tour, most relieved each team at the garrison sites.

Whew....I retired in Feb 92 so that definately makes me feel old..

Habu
I remember when you and I & the rest of ODA 712 were training up for that one. We were practicing our room entry /clearing techniques and you caught a front sight right between the eyes. I later got a class II sprain after practicing fast roping all day long. One one mission you were going to be on the 60 and I was going to be on the SAW. Too bad that one didn't go down. We had some good times.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 14:56   #24
Electron
Guerrilla

Rio Hato

parts of 2nd Bn landed at Allbrook AFB then convoyed to Rio Hato. Stayed in that vicinity until Jan. '90 just into Op Promote Liberty. Other than some coatimundi, bushmasters, and a silly yellow mongrel dog running around, things were pretty much under control.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 15:15   #25
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Prohibition was, in my opinion, the most distasteful event I can remember.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:21   #26
Qdini
Quiet Professional

Just Cause

I remember the best joke going around the hanger was directed at the Charlie Company studs and that same radio station:
The Commander said "Turn it down, not burn it down"

The Jolly Green almost blowing the roof off on Christmas day.

Watching the warehouse fire when Tom S. exclaimed "My household goods are in there!"

Locked up in Battery Pratt ..........

The aftermath; my wife going to work in full "battle rattle" in an APC while I drove off in a rental Landcruiser and polo shirt. My 3 year old daughter complaining about our porch light being shot out and "They didn't clean it up".

Panama was always interesting duty!

Last edited by Qdini; 05-12-2014 at 04:31.
Qdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:14   #27
futureSOF
Asset

Was anyone at the Vatican embassy, and if so can you pm me? Recently my dad and my grandmom said that my dads cousin who was in panama with the 82nd was pulled to the embassy because he spoke fluent Spanish
futureSOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 22:27   #28
Electron
Guerrilla

Rio Hato Dec 89 to Feb 90

Who could forget Christmas in Panama? I was at Rio Hato with 2nd Battalion. We Convoyed there from Allbrook. I was in the EMS shop at the time. I still have an old M16 bipod and a few AK bayonets among other mementos from Panama (nothing that goes bang or boom).

One memory I will never forget is when the cash for arms thing was going on, a 10 year old kid came to the front gate dragging a couple sandbags. I had a Spanish-English dictionary and tried to talk to the kid. All he did was laugh at my attempts at Spanish. I finally got from him that he wanted some money for what was in the bags. I asked him what in those bags was worth money and he dumped them out. They were full of live grenades!

Happy days.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 14:57   #29
SC Pete
Quiet Professional

Y'All brought back a lot of Memories... Was at Pacora Bridge. MAJ H and some of the boys of A/3/7 got to start the war-- Had permission to go "hot" one hour before H hour. Would have been pointless to wait until things started. Needed to keep Dos Mil from getting to Division's jump.
SC Pete is offline   Reply With Quote