Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 3rd Special Forces Group

Old 08-06-2019, 10:08   #31
Box
Quiet Professional

I wish "they" would cease and desist with this silly bullshit about "the hazing death" of a Soldier.

He was choked out with the admitted intent of sexually assaulting him and then using video of the event to blackmail him.

"hazing death" is some of the most infuriating shit that I can imagine

The Navy investigators are showing the same incompetence that they used to fake prosecute the Fat Leonard scandal and the same incompetence that they used in the Gallagher case

Go Navy
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:17   #32
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Navy SEAL Who Choked Green Beret to Death Sentenced to 10 Years

DeDolph gets 10 years

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:41   #33
JimP
Quiet Professional

Echo, got a link? What'd he plead to? 10 years ain't much. Must have been a hell of a deal.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:51   #34
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Echo, got a link? What'd he plead to? 10 years ain't much. Must have been a hell of a deal.
Daily Beast

Yeah, plea deal - 10 isn't much for taking a man's life with malice.

Probably more butt-hurt that there is a "no book, no movie, no financial gain" from time on the teams

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:04   #35
glebo
Quiet Professional

That's a GD tragedy...I was never a fan of plea deals.

I guess I could understand his widows wishes to get it over with (read from previously from somewhere else).

It has been a long time..Still, I don't think it's justice by any means....
Old 01-24-2021, 14:52   #36
7624U
Quiet Professional

At least they busted him down to E-1 and giving him a Dishonorable also.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 16:59   #37
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
That's a GD tragedy...I was never a fan of plea deals.

I guess I could understand his widows wishes to get it over with (read from previously from somewhere else).

It has been a long time..Still, I don't think it's justice by any means....
No, it is not..... this is what you get when the selection course is simply physical....strong/stupid.

Great combo and has been demonstrated up/down that chain of command.... Operation Red Wings for example.....
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:59   #38
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Probably more butt-hurt that there is a "no book, no movie, no financial gain" from time on the teams
My son said, "At least the judge knew where to hurt 'em."
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 18:31   #39
Box
Quiet Professional

It would be interesting to see if the family could go after that shit sack in civil court.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:30   #40
LongWire
Quiet Professional

10 yrs is better than 1.... and at least he won’t get a pardon!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:15   #41
7624U
Quiet Professional

Shit bag

Now trying to get a new trial with trump lawyer

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ex-nav...ticles&via=rss

The Navy SEAL who admitted to killing a Green Beret in Mali in 2017 has hired one of former President Donald Trump’s lawyers to help reduce his 10-year prison sentence.

Navy SEAL Tony DeDolph pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the strangulation death of Army Staff Sgt. Logan Melgar, a Special Forces soldier assigned to the 3rd Special Forces Group. DeDolph also pleaded guilty to hazing, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice for trying to cover up the cause of Melgar's death.

A military jury sentenced DeDolph, a member of the elite SEAL Team 6, to 10 years in prison, and he was also hit with a reduction in rank to E-1, forfeiture of his pay and allowances, and will be dishonorably discharged.

But an appeals court overturned the sentence in 2022 after it came to light his defense team didn’t know one of the witnesses asked for clemency as part of his deal to testify against DeDolph. In anticipation of a new sentencing hearing, DeDolph has called in high-profile defense attorney Tim Parlatore to help with his case.

Navy SEAL Who Choked Green Beret to Death Gets 10 Years
FINAL CHAPTER

A white-collar defense attorney, Parlatore represents former President Trump in the special counsel investigation into his handling of classified material and the investigation into the January 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol. He has also represented organized crime figures, Bernard Kerik—the former New York City police commissioner who plead guilty to tax fraud—and two daredevils who parachuted from the World Trade Center. But his most high-profile military client was Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher, who was accused of war crimes. Gallagher, a former member of SEAL Team 7, faced a court martial for war crimes charges including murder but was only convicted of posing for a picture with a dead body.

“Obviously I've built a reputation within the special operations community of winning,” said Parlatore, a graduate of the Naval Academy who served in the Navy before earning his law degree from Brooklyn Law School.

Parlatore confirmed DeDolph is out of prison while awaiting a new sentencing but would not disclose his location. It is unclear how DeDolph, who was reduced to the Navy’s lowest rank when he pleaded guilty and has already served some of his sentence, has the money to pay for a New York criminal defense attorney. When asked, Parlatore declined to “discuss finances” but confirmed he is working at a discounted rate.

“Am I getting paid full freight? Absolutely not,” Parlatore said. “Am I in this to make money? No. This is not the case that is going to pay my rent.”

DeDolph was part of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, commonly known as Seal Team 6. He and Melgar were part of an intelligence operation in Mali supporting counterterrorism efforts against al Qaeda’s local affiliate, known as al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, in 2017.

DeDolph told a military judge he and the other men were avenging a “perceived slight” after Melgar left them to attend a party at the French Embassy in Mali’s capital city of Bamako. DeDolph’s job during the hazing incident was to place Melgar in a “rear naked choke” that restricts blood flow in the neck.

DeDolph said the attack was intended to be a joke and the severity escalated during a night of drinking. But Michelle, Melgar’s widow, was one of the first to alert authorities about inconsistencies in the SEAL's statements, including lying about her husband being drunk.

Slain Green Beret’s Widow Speaks: ‘I Knew They Were Lying’
‘THEY DON’T GET TO DO THAT’

DeDolph was the third of four defendants to plead guilty in the case. Navy SEAL Adam Matthews, 33, pleaded guilty to hazing and assault charges and attempts to cover up what happened to Melgar. Before he was sentenced, Matthews hit on Melgar's widow at a Las Vegas gun show. He was sentenced in May 2019 to one year in military prison. Marine Raider Kevin Maxwell, 29, was sentenced to four years of confinement after pleading guilty to negligent homicide, hazing, and making false official statements in June 2019. The fourth defendant—Marine Raider Mario Madera-Rodriguez—was convicted and sentenced in 2021 to six months in confinement, hard labor, and a reduction in rank.

But a military appeals court last year overturned DeDolph’s 10-year sentence after Navy prosecutors failed to disclose that Maxwell, who took part in the hazing and later testified against DeDolph, had asked for clemency in exchange for his testimony.

Specifically, Maxwell asked for two years instead of the four he got. The SEAL’s defense attorneys missed the chance to question Maxwell about a “potential motive to misrepresent events,” according to the appeals court. His sentence was later reduced from four years to three years. “The fact that (Maxwell) sought additional clemency... in exchange for his testimony is clearly information that tended to demonstrate (his) bias, and bore on his credibility,” the appeals court wrote. ″(T)here is a reasonable possibility that the outcome of the trial would have been affected by the disclosure of the clemency request.”

Parlatore is focused on reducing DeDolph’s sentence.

“This case at this stage is all about making sure that he gets an appropriate sentence,” he said. “There was no intent to kill. This was unfortunately an incident that went badly. So, what is there to win? Making sure that a good man who is involved in a mistake doesn't lose the rest of his life by spending 10 years in jail. Getting him back with his family and getting him back to a position where he could be a good contributing member of society.”

The re-sentencing is currently docketed for the first week of June, according to a Navy spokesperson, but Parlatore says it is unlikely to be held that quickly. He is still working to gain a security clearance that will allow him to review court records and evidence.

“There are complicating factors,” Parlatore said. “We're of course negotiating to see if we can work out a deal to do it in a much simpler manner. But to the extent that it's going to be a full contested hearing before Christmas, maybe.”

Melgar’s widow, Michelle, rejected the idea that DeDolph should get a lesser sentence, arguing in a statement to The Daily Beast that it is her husband who suffered an injustice.

“Tony and his wife will have a chance to live life together again, while Logan’s life and our time together, on Earth, was cut short,” Michelle Melgar said. “Tony’s situation is temporary. Our situation is permanent.”

Here is the Lawyer if anyone wants to contact him
https://www.parlatorelawgroup.com/co...hy-c-parlatore

"Me"

Last edited by 7624U; 03-05-2023 at 08:20.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:54   #42
7624U
Quiet Professional

Looking for scalps: Green Beret never charged with a crime ends up with FBI Record

Look at this crap from CID putting people in the FBI data base with no charge.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/looking-s...ckground-check

Roll up but more in article.

"I think the rot is at the top," Addicott said. "The CID is out to justify their existence, and therefore in many cases, they’re not concerned with providing justice. They’re concerned with titling people."

The sensationalism of the crime likely played a role, Addicott added. America’s most elite warriors, hazing and killing one of their own.

"This was a high-profile news story," he said. "The CID goes to a five-alarm fire."

Just an ‘administrative function’
Tears started to form in Kim Morris’ eyes when she considered all her husband has been through. She thought she knew what their family signed up for when he enlisted in the military. During their first year of marriage, Morris wrote his will and chose the songs he wanted played at his funeral.

"I knew every time he left, I may never see him again," Kim said. "I wasn't okay with it, but I had to be okay with it."

But she didn’t expect her husband to be betrayed by his own government.

"The worst part is, we signed up for a unit that was gonna protect him and they didn't," she said. "Where is the brotherhood? Where is the accountability?"

Morris tried fruitlessly to convince his chain of command and CID that the titling had given him a false criminal record. It looked like he was walking around awaiting trial for murder. He was afraid to volunteer at his church or chaperon his daughter’s school field trips because the required background checks would slap him with a "scarlet letter."

They didn’t listen.

"You were a subject of an investigation," he remembered his chain of command saying. "Titling is just an administrative action."

"They just keep telling you these things don’t get held against you," Morris said. "They do. They most certainly do."

Kim Morris said the CID investigation and her husband's titling have been like a "black cloud" over their family. (Courtesy Jamie Morris)

ARMY INJUSTICE: THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS, VETERANS SLAPPED WITH MISLEADING CRIMINAL RECORD

"Every facet of [the Uniform Code of Military Justice] will hide behind ‘it’s an administrative action,’ but I can administratively freeze your checking accounts and it’s just an administrative action," he added. "But you can’t buy food. I can effectively starve you to death. To say that it’s just an administrative action doesn’t do it any justice at all."

Last November, Morris filed a complaint with the Defense Department’s inspector general. At some point between then and June, the murder charge and negligent homicide charges were inexplicably scrubbed from his record. But a slew of other charges remain, including attempted aggravated sexual contact, soliciting another to commit aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.

Despite a judge advocate issuing a memo in June finding no probable cause that Morris committed the offenses, CID refuses to untitle Morris.

In an Aug. 15 email reviewed by Fox News, a CID agent said the allegations against Morris were changed to "no probable cause" and that his fingerprints were removed from the database. But the agent wrote that DoD rules prohibit individuals from being untitled unless there is a case of mistaken identity or an error was made in applying the "credible information standard."

"Mr. Morris will remain titled," the agent wrote. "Titling is an administrative function and NOT indicative of a criminal determination."

background check shows arrest, charges
A June 2023 background check on James Morris makes it seem as though he was arrested for numerous charges. (Fox News Digital)

But when it comes to a background check, that "administrative function" looks a lot like criminal wrongdoing. The flag on his record stopped Morris from progressing in the Army.

"I was at the prime of my career to be able to move forward, to do what every young Green Beret joins to do and become a team sergeant or a team leader and lead those guys and show them what you’ve learned from all your years," he said.

Instead, his career stalled out in 2019. In May of this year, Morris said he was pressured to leave the Army after 18 years and 10 months. He was just over a year away from obtaining the coveted military pension.

"He didn't want to get out of the military," Addicott, Morris' lawyer, said. "He lost hundreds of thousands of dollars" by retiring before the 20-year mark.

And getting a job — or a concealed carry permit — is no easy feat when it looks like you’ve been arrested for murder or attempted sex crimes. Morris said he applied to 80-some jobs over the course of a year. He got two interviews.

"You'll never know how many jobs you didn't get because of a background check," he said. "However, it does leave you with this stigma. I know that this is out there."

May 27 was Green Beret Jamie Morris' last day in the Army. He left just over one year shy of being able to collect his military retirement. (Courtesy Jamie Morris)

THE ARMY GAVE THIS OFFICER A FALSE CRIMINAL RECORD, STUNTING HIS CAREER. NOW HE’S GETTING BACKPAY

There is a precedent for removing titles, though it took years of fighting by a few vocal soldiers and lawyers, including Addicott. Last fall, the Army announced its intent to correct the records of around 2,000 troops whose records were tarnished for years after a sloppy CID investigation into a recruiting program known as G-RAP.

While the Army primarily focused on removing the soldiers’ names from criminal databases, officials said they would also review whether individuals should have been titled and expunge any that did not meet the "appropriate standard."

In August, a CID spokesman told Fox News that the review found 2,071 erroneously titled individuals and 1,454 people requiring corrective action for indexing (the process of sending the information to the FBI). Corrections are complete, the spokesman said, and a report on titling and indexing practices was sent to Congress in July.

"As a result of the G-RAP review, CID took immediate action and conducted all-hands training regarding proper titling and indexing," the spokesperson wrote in an email to Fox News.

A CID spokesman declined to answer questions about Morris' case or comment on his titling, telling Fox News only that the agency follows procedures as outlined by the Defense Department. Army public affairs did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

"The CID could untitle [Morris] if they wanted to," Addicott said. "They did it for the G-RAP cases. They just won’t do it for this particular case."

"Me"