Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 10-10-2014, 18:14   #16
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Yeah but just south of you we still have another Udall that might win again.....

Wish both would go away......
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 19:00   #17
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Yeah but just south of you we still have another Udall that might win again.....

Wish both would go away......
Yep. The Udalls have become an infestation in this part of the country. I knew Mo, and he was a ultra-conservative compared to this generation.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:24   #18
Sdiver
Area Commander

As the BBC reported, 'As goes Colorado, so goes the Nation.'

WE WILL TAKE BACK OUR STATE IN THREE WEEKS !!!!!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/...-heist/114075/

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:46   #19
EnderWiggin
Asset

Post removed for privacy reasons.

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 09-12-2017 at 10:17. Reason: Removed
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:27   #20
(1VB)compforce
Guerrilla Chief

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-workers-rai/

This could swing the election in CO...

Quote:
“If I have collected your ballot, I could do the honest thing and put it in the mail for you, or take it to the clerk’s office and drop it off — or I could look inside, open it gently, see how you voted, and if I didn’t like it, I could make some changes,” said Ms. Marks. “Or the other thing I could do, if I don’t like the way you’re voting, I could throw your ballot in the trash can.”
Quote:
“I guarantee you right now if you went to an apartment complex anywhere in Colorado, you would find ballots in the trash can,” Mr. Harvey said. “If you went to the Highlands Ranch post office right now, where they have P.O. boxes, you would find a ton of ballots in the trash can. You and I could go there, and we could pick up those ballots, and we could vote. That concerns me greatly.”
Yup, no possibility of fraud in CO this election
(1VB)compforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:59   #21
EnderWiggin
Asset

Post removed for privacy reasons.

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 09-12-2017 at 10:17. Reason: Removed
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:53   #22
MR2
Quiet Professional

Frankly I kinda hope Hickenlooper wins.

Short term, we will have regained the State Senate. With that, we can bend over Hickenlooper, the weeping willow that he is towards a more moderate (as opposed to a so-called Progressive/Fascist) agenda. If the GOP pick wins, it will take a whole generation of politics to restore our lost gun rights - let alone move towards Constitutional carry.

IMO

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:09   #23
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Frankly I kinda hope Hickenlooper wins.

Short term, we will have regained the State Senate. With that, we can bend over Hickenlooper, the weeping willow that he is towards a more moderate (as opposed to a so-called Progressive/Fascist) agenda. If the GOP pick wins, it will take a whole generation of politics to restore our lost gun rights - let alone move towards Constitutional carry.

IMO
Me not Frank ... Me Mongo ...

Me think it be better if Bobby B wins and Hick looses. It would smack that 'smugness' off the lefts face that they've been touting around for the past few years, but also send message that that Colorado isn't going to bow down to outside leftist influences.

Then maybe we get money to pave our roads, and maybe new choo-choo come through state.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:33   #24
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
Why wouldn't a GOP governor move to undo the gun control legislation of Colorado, or at least a portion of it, such as the magazine limitation? I'd think in the short-term, he might see a hit in the polls, but long-term, it would end up forgotten among other things.
Just because someone is a Republican doesn't mean that they are a conservative or a constitutionalist, or even all that concerned with your liberty. He might undo the mag ban. Will he sign Constitutional Carry? - nope. Will he reverse any of the other laws? - nope. Will he advance anything in the life, liberty, and property clause? - nope. Will he line his bank account? - well, he is a banker.

Old 11-02-2014, 13:41   #25
Badger52
Area Commander

MR2: Just curious not being a voter there. Y/N has this Repub contender in CO stated outright for the record what his actions would be under the circumstances of being given the opportunity to roll these things back?

One of the things that resonated here with Walker (and still does with the usual other groups as well as a larger-than-expected women's demographic u nless they're a teacher) is that, after years of the legislature handing the previous governor a shall-issue carry law, he veto'd it - then twisted a couple of arms in his own party to undo support for an override. Walker said during his first campaign outright that, if such a law were put on his desk 10 minutes after he was sworn in, he'd sign it. They, and he, did.

Admittedly haven't been following it that close but wondered how his rhetoric might be matching the obvious wishes of some of the electorate.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:19   #26
MR2
Quiet Professional

For the lack of a nail (competent GOP Party), an election was lost... - MR2

Been a little busy - I will discuss my take/experience regarding the Colo Gov. race here. Other Colo election commentary will go in another Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Not understanding the full demographic in the Rocky Mountain High state I'm curious how these statistically might've played for/against Beauprez.
A little history: Then Rep. Beauprez gave up his safe Congressional seat and ran for the Governors race in 2006? It was one of the more memorable campaigns because of it's lackluster performance. So in 2014, on the last day possible, Rep. Bup (and Rep. Gardner) were drafted by the State GOP Party to run in the Gov. (Sen) races. Rep Bup and rep Tancredo decided to petition onto the Primary ballot. They had to get 1500 GOP voters (in each of 7 Congressional districts) to sign a petition. Tancredo got on, Bup using his personal financial resources (reportedly) barely got on the ballot. Rep Kopp and SOS Gessler used the Assembly process and got on the ballot the traditional way. Spirited Primary resulted in a close win for Bup.

Gov. Hick was able to raise over $5 million. Bup raised $1.2 million and loaned his campaign $843k. Bup will probably lose to Hick by about 15,000 votes once everything is counted.

Analysis: Losing by 15k votes is a paltry amount in a statewide race, especially a top of the ticket spot.

$5 million is a lot of money for a statewide Colo race!

Cheating? Lets look at the other statewide races. The SOS GOP candidate won by over 91k votes. In the Treasurers race the GOP candidate won by almost 128k votes. In the Attorney General race, the GOP candidate won by almost 210k votes! If there was cheating going on, then the numbers would be far closer.

Commentary: I and my employer did not play in the Governors race. Bup did a far better job running than was expected. Even still, he did not make the sale to his base, let alone to the Unaffiliateds. As a registered GOP, I got not one mailer. I got not one door flier. I did get two robo-calls. Gardner was interested in my vote and sent mail, door knockers, and made phone calls.

Colorado managed to give the GOP both the State Senate AND the House. With the Governors spot, we could have repealed the unconstitutional gun bills, the illegal voter fraud bills, enacted common sense energy reforms, and put the gas to Colorado's sagging economy. For the want of a nail...

While the responsibility for this failure lands squarely upon Rep. Buprez shoulders. For he picked the loser campaign staff and the loser campaign direction. There was just not enough Geritol to get this hand-picked (multiple) loser across the finish line. Complicit in this failure was the corrupt GOP party bosses that pushed this candidate and squandered valuable time, money, and volunteers into this loser at the cost of a new Colorado.

Former Rep. Tancredo (even with his baggage cart) would have chomped on that cHickenloopers leg and never let go. The absolute best man, Mike Kopp (who had not the money/time to win the Primary) would have creamed Gov. Hickenlooper with his integrity, energy, and RANGER ethos. For the want of a nail...

Edit: At this time it is unclear that the GOP has won the State House or even the State Senate.

Busy calling every uncured ballot, surveying how they voted, and directing Right voting voters to visit the Clerk/Recorders office to get their ballot counted.

Last edited by MR2; 11-05-2014 at 17:39.
Old 11-05-2014, 19:34   #27
Sdiver
Area Commander

CRAP
Old 11-05-2014, 19:37   #28
Sdiver
Area Commander

Well, Bobby B may have given up, but there are still races that have yet to be decided at the state level.

We haven't given up.

There are still well over 120k votes still out waiting to be counted, 20k votes in Jefferson county alone.

We haven't given up.

Not only are we fighting for the state senate but surprisingly the state house as well.

We haven't given up.

Here we thought that after last night we'd be clearing out our desks and forwarding our resumes, but there's still plenty of work yet to do.

We haven't given up.
Old 11-12-2014, 21:21   #29
Sdiver
Area Commander

Well, the dust has finally settled out here and all the votes have been counted.

You can see the final outcome here ... http://results.enr.clarityelections....n/summary.html

Although we didn't get all the candidates we were supporting in, we did get two important ones in.

Yes, Cory Gardner was one of the seven (now eight thanks to Alaska) Republican senators elected into the national senate, which is nice to see.

Yes, Hickenlooper was re-elected into the Governor's mansion. Had we had a better candidate running against him, we could have grabbed that seat.

The Republicans now have a majority in the Colorado state senate, which is what we (the PAC I was working for) had set out to do, but only by one seat. Although we didn't get one of the candidates we were supporting in, we did happen to get the other two in. One of which was the seat held by the old senator who resigned instead of facing a recall last year. So as far as that seat goes .... Mission Accomplished.

We were focused a little to much on not only our three races, but two other senate seats around the state. I was hoping that we would get those five seats, giving us a three seat majority, but alas it didn't come to pass. Thank goodness there was another race that we didn't even look at, that surprised us all, giving us that precious one seat majority.

Although we didn't focus on the state house, where we were down by five seats, we were able to pick up three seats only giving the Dims a two seat majority now. They're not as powerful as they once were, so we can "lean" a little bit harder on some of those house seats who we know are a little "wishy-washy" on certain legislation.

Had we focused on some of those house seats, we may have gotten the majority. A couple of the seats the R's lost were only by a few hundred votes. One just missed the mandatory recount by 0.08% (0.5% constitutes an automatic recount).

Some things I learned while working for this PAC during this election:

*Money does indeed run a campaign. Had we had been given the $20,000 that had been earmarked for the candidate who lost, the one we supported, he could have actually won. Most of the dems outspent their Republican opponents by a margin of 4 to 1, some were even 5 to 1, or higher.

*Political television ads don't do squat, in fact they turn people off from voting. I heard time and time again how they turned people off from voting to the point where they just don't care anymore.

*Trying to find volunteers is akin to herding cats. I heard more excuses from people as to why they couldn't help than I've ever heard anywhere else. It reminded me of that scene from M*A*S*H where Klinger was wanting an emergency discharge due to his mother being sick, then Lt. Col. Blake pulls out his file and reads off a list of other letters he received to get an emergency discharge ... mother sick ... sister sick .... sister sick, mother dying ... older sister sick, younger sister pregnant .. etc. The funny thing is that after they'd give me their excuse for not being able to come in and either walk or work our phone bank, they'd say "I do want to help, so give me a shout later."

*Campaigns run on pizza.

*Quite a few people are grateful and very appreciative of the phone calls and the door knocking in getting the word out about candidates. Although, you do need thick skin to fend off the ones who don't.

*Invest in at least two GOOD pairs of walking shoes.

*Stretch. Stretch. STRETCH. Whether it's out walking or even sitting at a desk working a computer and making phone calls, the need for good quality stretching is a must.

*Ex-SF guys are still sneaky and can smell out an ambush. (I'll get you C. ... If it's the last thing I ever do ... I'll get you.)

*Just because we have the majority in the state senate doesn't mean we can sit back and pat ourselves on the back. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done.

*Candidates are chess pieces control by "higher ups", usually the money people. I heard time and time again, "We know he's going to loose so we're not even playing in his race.", even though that person won that seat in the recent recall. Bernie was just tossed aside like a dirty shirt. "Thanks, you filled a purpose after the recall, but now we don't need you any more."

*Don't get too focused on "The Numbers." I told myself when I started with this group, that I didn't want to focus on the numbers, but I got sucked into it. So much so that every morning when I walked into the office, after saying my morning F-you's, I would ask, "What do the numbers show?!?!" Where we had two of the candidates up by 8 to 10 points, they still lost ... One just barely. We felt they were safe and that they didn't need that much of our attention, which apparently they did.

Now it's back to school, but I'll still keep my hand in the "cookie jar" as far as this PAC is concerned. It was not only fun and stressful at times, it was very interesting and highly insightful in just how the political process works.