Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 05-10-2016, 10:12   #61
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Sore loser.....
Maybe.

Or maybe it's the fact that someone running a third party ticket on the Republican Side continued to threaten violence at the convention if his "plurality" wasn't enough.

Or threatening to go third party even after pledging not to.

Sounds like a rigged system to me.

If you can bully your way to the nomination with 40% of the vote whilst claiming that you have "millions more" votes than anyone else (because you are counting states that are not in play and will vote blue in NOV) then it sure sounds rigged, colluded, disgusting, nasty or whatever other buzz word he chooses to use in order to rile up his NASCAR fans.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:17   #62
Pete
Quiet Professional

You mean like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
...Or threatening to go third party even after pledging not to......
Oh, so now you're bringing the GOPe and Cruz supporters into the conversation.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:34   #63
Pete
Quiet Professional

This story

This story is just full of butt hurt GOPe folks.

Their little rice bowl is getting kicked over so it's third party or bust.

"Cruz floats restarting campaign if he wins Nebraska primary."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-wins-nebraska

"...Cruz joins a long list of prominent Republicans who have said they are not yet supporting Trump for president.

Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush and former GOP presidential nominees Mitt Romney and John McCain have all decided not to attend the party's convention, in what's seen as a rebuke to Trump.

And House Speaker Paul Ryan said last week he was not ready to endorse Trump, adding he needed assurances that Trump would champion conservative ideas. ..."

Ryan??? Conservative ideas????? Since when?????
Old 05-10-2016, 10:45   #64
Box
Quiet Professional

I do need help with a few things...

-What exactly are we calling "conservative principles" these days? The republican party has failed to provide me with a clear definition of what they see as conservative principles.

The "40% of the vote" thing is also falling a little flat with me. I'm not beating the drum for any one guy because I think they ALL suck but Cruz only got 30% of the vote...
...Rubio got less than that
...so did Kasich
...so did President Bush's brother
If we are going to talk percentages then lets be honest and discuss EVERYONES percentages.

Then there is this issue of "no one is voting for Trump" that I still don't understand. The Washington Post (and a few others) have run a story showing that Trump has collected more primary votes than anyone in the history of primary votes except George W Bush. BY the end of this primary season he will pass him as well.
MORE.VOTES.THAN.ANYONE
...more than Reagan
...more than GHW Bush
...more than Dole
...more than McCain
...more than Romney

It seems like a lot of the loudest voices pointing to the lack of Trumps conservative principles are politicians who have done a pretty good job of spelling "RINO" in all capital letters which is also somewhat HYPOCRITICAL is all capital letters.
- I like Ted Cruz. I don't love him, but I like him. He ran poorly and his bible waving brand of conservatism WILL be a liability in a general election in the current culture we have been saddled with. I'd still vote for him if he was the candidate but he isn't. "My team" didn't win this time.
- I like Bernie Sanders but I wouldn't vote for him - he has his ideological head on backwards but he seems to be the most sincere candidate on either side of the isle.
- I like Kasich but I wouldn't want to vote for him.
...same goes for Rubio
- I don't like President Bushes brother. His delivery seemed smug and entitled and I am ready for some politicians that ARENT named Bush or Clinton. That said, I'd have still voted for him against the Hildebeast.

I cannot stand madam secretary. She represents ALL that is wrong in American politics and she has made a profession out of disrespectfully thumbing her nose at all that is good in America. People like her are why terms like "carpet bagger" used to be pejorative - well, until the Clintons turned carpet bagging in Neo-Chic'. She is part of a celebrity-royalty cult of personality that is nothing but bad for America.
...but at least she isn't DJT

So if she ends up in the White House because I vote for Jesse Ventura and the Independence party then so be it.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 05-10-2016 at 10:50.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:49   #65
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
Entire post.
Steel on Target.

You need to writing opinion columns for the Wash Times etc.
Old 05-10-2016, 13:42   #66
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I do need help with a few things...

-What exactly are we calling "conservative principles" these days? The republican party has failed to provide me with a clear definition of what they see as conservative principles.

I think we have to look at this from a personal perspective. Due to the culture rot and the over emphasis on technology versus true social interaction, we have hamstung ourselves and as a society.....have a jaded view of what is right and wrong.

Personally, I would just be happy with sticking to something as morally simple as men using mens rooms and women using the ladies rooms. I guess im just a "purist".

The "40% of the vote" thing is also falling a little flat with me. I'm not beating the drum for any one guy because I think they ALL suck but Cruz only got 30% of the vote...

Agreed. I think the issue with that is that Trump had his supporters no matter what. The rest of us had to share the other 60-65%. This was true throughout the south on super tuesday and in the midwest where Rubio and the postmaster general Kasich decided to stick around for no reason what so ever.

With all of that being said, I think the uphill battle that Cruz had to fight was the GOPe game of duck duck goose. First it was Jeb, after a few months they realized he just didn't have "it". Then came Krispy Kreme Christie. They followed him for a few weeks and threw him in the spotlight after the debates. He faded quicker that a match in the rain. Then they moved to Rubio, He was on every show, and was given preferential treatment up until the point that Trump decided to take his ball and go home during the fox news debate.

At which point, stockholm syndrome took over and they embraced him. As a matter of fact, Fox became so biased towards Trump that even the supporters got tired of hearing about him on there.

Still, with minimal free media coverage and a front runner who refused a 1 on 1 debate time and time again (even when there were only 2 1/2 candidates remaining)...........Ted managed to pull around 30% of the vote.

The chips fell where they are, but get rid of the spoilers and the media bias and we have a different ball game.

But that isn't the way it went. Twitter became more important that substance and personal insults and facial expressions took the place of facts and reason.

...Rubio got less than that
...so did Kasich
...so did President Bush's brother
If we are going to talk percentages then lets be honest and discuss EVERYONES percentages.

Then there is this issue of "no one is voting for Trump" that I still don't understand. The Washington Post (and a few others) have run a story showing that Trump has collected more primary votes than anyone in the history of primary votes except George W Bush. BY the end of this primary season he will pass him as well.

MORE.VOTES.THAN.ANYONE
...more than Reagan
...more than GHW Bush
...more than Dole
...more than McCain
...more than Romney

It seems like a lot of the loudest voices pointing to the lack of Trumps conservative principles are politicians who have done a pretty good job of spelling "RINO" in all capital letters which is also somewhat HYPOCRITICAL is all capital letters.

I agree to disagree on this one. I assume you are pointing to Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee aren't exactly a part of that category.

- I like Ted Cruz. I don't love him, but I like him. He ran poorly and his bible waving brand of conservatism WILL be a liability in a general election in the current culture we have been saddled with.

Agree 100%. I think that as a christian nation, we should embrace that but with the current state of things in our country.......that might have been a step too far.

I'd still vote for him if he was the candidate but he isn't. "My team" didn't win this time.

- I like Bernie Sanders but I wouldn't vote for him - he has his ideological head on backwards but he seems to be the most sincere candidate on either side of the isle.

- I like Kasich but I wouldn't want to vote for him.
...same goes for Rubio

He could have done alot better had he just owned up to his support for amnesty instead of applying tips from "rules for radicals".

- I don't like President Bushes brother. His delivery seemed smug and entitled and I am ready for some politicians that ARENT named Bush or Clinton. That said, I'd have still voted for him against the Hildebeast.

[COLOR="Navy"+1[/COLOR]

I cannot stand madam secretary. She represents ALL that is wrong in American politics and she has made a profession out of disrespectfully thumbing her nose at all that is good in America. People like her are why terms like "carpet bagger" used to be pejorative - well, until the Clintons turned carpet bagging in Neo-Chic'. She is part of a celebrity-royalty cult of personality that is nothing but bad for America.

Oligarchy is the best word that comes to mind. I am bettering she is a real life version of one of those Aliens in the movie "They Live". You know, exempt from all the rules and has everything?

...but at least she isn't DJT

So if she ends up in the White House because I vote for Jesse Ventura and the Independence party then so be it.
+1 as well.

Put on the Glasses!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg they-live-1988.jpg (69.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-10-2016, 13:58   #67
Pete
Quiet Professional

So

So Mills - tell me again why we should support your guy in 2020 when you bail on our guy in 2016?
Old 05-10-2016, 15:21   #68
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
So Mills - tell me again why we should support your guy in 2020 when you bail on our guy in 2016?
Lets see how he does if he wins.

I wouldn't expect anyone to stand with someone that does not represent their principles. So I wouldn't blame you if you chose not to.
Old 05-10-2016, 15:39   #69
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
So you're already predicting a second term for Hillary.
Old 05-10-2016, 15:46   #70
Pete
Quiet Professional

If

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
So you're already predicting a second term for Hillary.
If - If the GOPe, RINOs and Cruz supporters have their way it will be Hillery this year.

And then three years from now they will all be saying "Hey, let bygones be bygones. Come on and support our guy."

In that case they can stuff it.

Cruz had his best shot this year and blew it. Ain't going to be a 2020 for him.
Old 05-10-2016, 16:04   #71
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
If - If the GOPe, RINOs and Cruz supporters have their way it will be Hillery this year.

I agree 100%. And I think she'll get 8 yrs.
Old 05-10-2016, 19:21   #72
Box
Quiet Professional

ha...
8 years, 12 years, president for life

what difference at this point does it make?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 19:25   #73
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
I agree 100%. And I think she'll get 8 yrs.
I am holding out for her getting 25 to life.
Old 05-10-2016, 19:47   #74
PRB
Quiet Professional

His principles, and the judges he might nominate to the SCOTUS, will be more conservative than the opposition.

One may not like the complete package but where, in any SF training, was the comment made you only 'go' with a 100% solution?

Everyone would still be in isolation.....waiting.....while others decided the outcome.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 21:07   #75
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
ha...
8 years, 12 years, president for life

what difference at this point does it make?
None. As long as you have "Conservative" PRINCIPLES