Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-04-2016, 07:33   #16
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I have said before - if Trump and Cruz go into the convention with the majority of the primary votes and the majority of the delegates but not enough for the win - and on the second or third vote somebody like Rubio or Bush is elected the winner I am voting third party - even if the only candidate is from the Green Party.
Gallup on the potential impact of self-described Independents.

**In politics, as of today do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat, or an Independent?

30% Rep - 37% Indep - 30% Dem

**(Asked of Independents) As of today, do you lean more to the Deemocratic Party or the Republican Party?

Reps (including 'leaners') 43%
Dems (including 'leaners') 46%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/Party-Affiliation.aspx

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:14   #17
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Drudge Poll is looking similar.
Don't get me wrong, I will vote for whoever the nominee is on the republican side.............however.

I ding it hard to fucking believe that so many people idolize a child in a 70 year old's body who makes faces and interrupts like my 4 year old son. His debate performance was borderline pathetic and he is yet to add any new substance to his "routine" in the last 6 months.

Cruz has the only chance of stopping this "trumpster fire". And yes, it is Jackwagons like John kasich sticking around like a lost homeless person holding the margin between Cruz and trump.

Too bad we can't fire candidates.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:01   #18
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
Don't get me wrong, I will vote for whoever the nominee is on the republican side.............however.

I ding it hard to fucking believe that so many people idolize a child in a 70 year old's body who makes faces and interrupts like my 4 year old son. His debate performance was borderline pathetic and he is yet to add any new substance to his "routine" in the last 6 months.

Cruz has the only chance of stopping this "trumpster fire". And yes, it is Jackwagons like John kasich sticking around like a lost homeless person holding the margin between Cruz and trump.

Too bad we can't fire candidates.

Every single candidate this season has had a schtick. Trump speil has been say it like it is, poll numbers and making things great again, Jeb had MY PLAN and When I was Florida Governor, Kaisch has his waving hands, Carson is mild mannered, Ted Cruz is a traveling evangelist and Rubio....When I am President.

They have all made promises they have no idea they can fulfill.

But from the beginning it was Trump who from day one who set the pace with media bias, immigration, the VA, Veterans, job loss and politicial corruption.....instead of the mind numbing scripted dance of death that would have suited Jeb.

Fact is I did not watch the first debate because I knew it would be just another boring lie fest guided by Robert Rules of Order. But I watched a re-run on YouTube after excited customers urged me to watch the Trump lay waste to the Panel and found that Trump had completely upended the entire prescribed process. It was gut wrenching laughter!

Now considering that the main contenders Bush, Rubio and Cruz squandered their resources attacking one man does not say much about their abilities... The last couple of debates Rubio and Cruz have spent most of their air time attacking Trump instead of getting their messages out......It would appear that Trump has had the better game plan with Speed, Surprise and the Violence of Action...He hit the ground running, surprised the OPFOR and inflicted heavy casualities from day one.......the rest of them are still waiting for command to come up with a strategy.

Like him or not, Trump has done what none of the other candidates has been capable of. He has single handedly got people excited, excited enough to get involved in the process again.

Last edited by Paslode; 03-05-2016 at 09:03.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 14:05   #19
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Every single candidate this season has had a schtick.......

Like him or not, Trump has done what none of the other candidates has been capable of. He has single handedly got people excited, excited enough to get involved in the process again.
Agreed.

But it's worth mentioning that with Trump that does include involved in opposition to him.

I stated here last year I thought there was no way Trump would make it.

That he was in it for free personal brand value.

I was wrong.

I think it is due to Americans being so angry at status quo politit's and willing to accept a crass cardboard caricature of Ronald Reagan.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 16:08   #20
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I think it is due to Americans being so angry at status quo politit's and willing to accept a crass cardboard caricature of Ronald Reagan.

There is definitely anger, but I don't know if accepting is the right term. With the exception of Carson, all the candidates are politicians, most of them make a living being politicians and politicians have been the established norm for candidate choices for several decades.

Trump has broken that mold, he is a brash business man and he has run circles around every single candidate.

What do you have lose? it is either a continuation of death by a thousand cuts, or taking a chance on something new and different.......worse case is it all goes to shit el-pronto vs several decades. Best case, Trump has the best interest in mind for the country.

More of the same vs. taking a risk.

Last edited by Paslode; 03-05-2016 at 16:12.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 17:08   #21
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

If Trump gets the nomination, and if he is elected, I doubt he will accomplish much in terms of actively building a "new a better" whatever, nor will he actively "make America great" again.
However, he may well damage/destroy existing power structures and free the people to build a build a better future.

This is a dangerous course, as nature abhors a vacuum.
Like every preceding election, it's just a choice of evils.

If the people subsequently build a better America, he would of course take credit...
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 17:31   #22
tonyz
Area Commander

Win or lose Trump takin' his brand to the next level.

The nation is just along for the ride.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 00:11   #23
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Every single candidate this season has had a schtick. Trump speil has been say it like it is, poll numbers and making things great again, Jeb had MY PLAN and When I was Florida Governor, Kaisch has his waving hands, Carson is mild mannered, Ted Cruz is a traveling evangelist and Rubio....When I am President.

They have all made promises they have no idea they can fulfill.

But from the beginning it was Trump who from day one who set the pace with media bias, immigration, the VA, Veterans, job loss and politicial corruption.....instead of the mind numbing scripted dance of death that would have suited Jeb.

Fact is I did not watch the first debate because I knew it would be just another boring lie fest guided by Robert Rules of Order. But I watched a re-run on YouTube after excited customers urged me to watch the Trump lay waste to the Panel and found that Trump had completely upended the entire prescribed process. It was gut wrenching laughter!

Now considering that the main contenders Bush, Rubio and Cruz squandered their resources attacking one man does not say much about their abilities... The last couple of debates Rubio and Cruz have spent most of their air time attacking Trump instead of getting their messages out......It would appear that Trump has had the better game plan with Speed, Surprise and the Violence of Action...He hit the ground running, surprised the OPFOR and inflicted heavy casualities from day one.......the rest of them are still waiting for command to come up with a strategy.

Im confused about what debate you were watching.

All I saw was a 3 year old making faces and interupting, like my 4 year old does. Whenever he is attacked with substance and given the opportunity to respond with a substantive argument, he takes the low road as many liberals do, with tactics like finger pointing and calling "LIAR"!.

Trump is a lightweight who has tapped into the anger of Americans who prefer talking points and publicity versus substance and factual evidence.

Not to mention, he is an advocate of equal gender integration in all Military fields.

I hope his combover gets caught in an escalator.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:59   #24
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
he may well damage/destroy existing power structures and free the people to build a build a better future.

If the people subsequently build a better America, he would of course take credit...

GC... concur.. The status-quo is unacceptable but my confidence in "the people" to make hard choices and to suffer a little bit today for a much better tomorrow is near zero.

Path of least resistance...

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 21:40   #25
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Im confused about what debate you were watching.

All I saw was a 3 year old making faces and interupting, like my 4 year old does. Whenever he is attacked with substance and given the opportunity to respond with a substantive argument, he takes the low road as many liberals do, with tactics like finger pointing and calling "LIAR"!.

Trump is a lightweight who has tapped into the anger of Americans who prefer talking points and publicity versus substance and factual evidence.

Not to mention, he is an advocate of equal gender integration in all Military fields.

I hope his combover gets caught in an escalator.

I hear what you are saying, IMO you had 3 individuals up there doing no favors for themselves. I turned the debate off midway through because it was going nowhere, it was 3 clown pissing all over each other. I give Trump a couple points for the plans his throwing out there (and Fox blew up), Cruz nor Rubio has thrown any of those bones. That is not to say anything Trump has conjured up can or will be possible but at least he is throwing it out there to chew on. On top of that Trump is still gaming Cruz and Rubio.

If you ask me I thought Kaisch out performed them all that night, I do not like Kaisch, but he did get his message out.

In the end Cruz and Rubio spent 10 30rd Mags EACH on Trump while he was flipping them the bird, and they didn't get a kill......I am not even sure they grazed him. And while Trump had Cruz and Rubio in the circle jerk, Kaisch circled round and got his job done.

Rubio nor Cruz can handle Trump, so how do you think they will handle the job of being President?
Old 03-06-2016, 22:39   #26
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, IMO you had 3 individuals up there doing no favors for themselves. I turned the debate off midway through because it was going nowhere, it was 3 clown pissing all over each other. I give Trump a couple points for the plans his throwing out there (and Fox blew up), Cruz nor Rubio has thrown any of those bones. That is not to say anything Trump has conjured up can or will be possible but at least he is throwing it out there to chew on. On top of that Trump is still gaming Cruz and Rubio.

If you ask me I thought Kaisch out performed them all that night, I do not like Kaisch, but he did get his message out.

In the end Cruz and Rubio spent 10 30rd Mags EACH on Trump while he was flipping them the bird, and they didn't get a kill......I am not even sure they grazed him. And while Trump had Cruz and Rubio in the circle jerk, Kaisch circled round and got his job done.

Rubio nor Cruz can handle Trump, so how do you think they will handle the job of being President?
Im still having trouble grasping the actual "plans" that trump has.

He Marco is taking things to his level, but Ted is attempting to take the high road during debates. It is however difficult to speak when the guy next to you keeps saying, "lair, liar, false, liar" during your 30 second rebuttal period.

The Donald is a Liberal in disguise who has tapped into the vulnerabilities and frustrations of Americans as a whole.

The guy has zero substance during these debates and has been saying the same things since August of last year. All while continuing to basically ram home the argument that things are a "mess" and "horrible".

The bottom line, is that he is not in favor of the 10th Amendment, and for me..........that is a make or break deal. We need to roll back the overarching authority of the Fed and enable the states once again. Shit, you can't even get the Donald to admit that federal land grabs are getting out of control.
Old 03-07-2016, 20:50   #27
Badger52
Area Commander

"Judge" Jeanine had some words for Mitt Romney & the GOP.

'bout 8 minutes so...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 21:46   #28
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Im still having trouble grasping the actual "plans" that trump has.

He Marco is taking things to his level, but Ted is attempting to take the high road during debates. It is however difficult to speak when the guy next to you keeps saying, "lair, liar, false, liar" during your 30 second rebuttal period.

The Donald is a Liberal in disguise who has tapped into the vulnerabilities and frustrations of Americans as a whole.

The guy has zero substance during these debates and has been saying the same things since August of last year. All while continuing to basically ram home the argument that things are a "mess" and "horrible".

The bottom line, is that he is not in favor of the 10th Amendment, and for me..........that is a make or break deal. We need to roll back the overarching authority of the Fed and enable the states once again. Shit, you can't even get the Donald to admit that federal land grabs are getting out of control.

Plans.....

Trump is going to build a wall, impose tariffs, bring jobs back But if I am not mistaken he has thrown some ideas out there for health care and some budget numbers, and I do believe in the last debate Fox took him to task on them. At least he has thrown something out there, unlike Cruz and Rubio who have yet to put forth much of anything other than dogging Trump 24/7.

It does not matter whether Trump is a liberal or not. His proposals are not important. Regardless of party the only plan any of these remaining clowns (including Hillary and Sanders) have is how to fuck the little people out of more money, and how to preserve their gravy train. How anyone can put any faith in either party or its candidates is beyond me.

None of the remaining individuals is going to save the day, because none has the moral character to do so. They all suck, but I was told that Hillary will get more votes because she is smarter than the rest!

The Good, Bad and the Ugly is all about TRUMP. Trump is the focus of everyones attention! He is making headlines! Trump has everyone trying to take him out! It is an amazing circle of chaos!

As I see it, if Trump pulls through the primary the RNC implodes! If the GOPe steals the primary the RNC implodes!! If Trump loses to Hillary the RNC implodes!!! If Trump wins the general election the RNC implodes!!!! No mater what the GOPe does it will lose!!!!! The GOPe sowed the seeds of their demise and they deserve what they are getting.

The GOPe were supposed to be the guardians of the conservatism. Their minions like Boehner, McConnell and Ryan promised the moon, they in turn had a mandate from the people and they ignored it. They failed the people, and the RNC deserves to be razed to the ground and its traitorous lot tarrred and feathered.

GO TRUMP!
Old 03-07-2016, 21:47   #29
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
"Judge" Jeanine had some words for Mitt Romney & the GOP.

'bout 8 minutes so...
tonyz beat you to it: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...02&postcount=2

No need for the '' '' around Judge, Pirro was a judge in Westchester County, NY.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:00   #30
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
tonyz beat you to it: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...02&postcount=2

No need for the '' '' around Judge, Pirro was a judge in Westchester County, NY.

Pat
Ah, he's quick that one.

Thanks Pat, didn't know that about her although I used the quotes because I sometimes tire at the use of an occupational honorific on news shows to lend credence that Bob the Welder wouldn't have using the same words.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote