Old 10-16-2014, 12:45   #1666
hic67
Asset

Intro

I've been a member of this site for over four years now, and figured it was about time I'd introduce myself. I enlisted 18x, and am an 18D at Ft. Carson. I wanted to say that I found this site very helpful when I was starting the pipeline. Thank you gentlemen for your wisdom and your time.
hic67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 18:16   #1667
Ayydubb
SF Candidate

Introduction

My name is Andrew and I'm a college senior studying media arts studies. I work part time as a campus security guard and teaching assistant, and do freelance broadcasting work when i can get it. I went through MEPS with an 18X last week, and I'll be shipping to basic next fall after I graduate in the summer.

I got linked here from another website a while ago while I was researching 18X and general SF info, and after looking around for a few weeks I decided it was time to introduce myself.
Thank you all for bringing this community together; your dedication and personal experience bring a uniquely powerful perspective to the advice and information here. I'm looking forward to learning more as I move forward.

Last edited by Ayydubb; 10-16-2014 at 18:47.
Ayydubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 13:41   #1668
DeEspressoLiber
Asset

De Espresso Liber

I'm the owner of De Espresso Liber and as the website and other pages claim, am an SF vet. I plan to hopefully grow the business into a successful company which constantly donates to the GBF and supports and member of the Regiment, past or present, who may be in any type of need.

If you are a long tabber wanting to verify anything with my company, please contact me along with any questions etc..

Very pleased to be here any finally get in touch with some other folks.

DEL / DOL
DeEspressoLiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 13:53   #1669
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeEspressoLiber View Post
I'm the owner of De Espresso Liber and as the website and other pages claim, am an SF vet. I plan to hopefully grow the business into a successful company which constantly donates to the GBF and supports and member of the Regiment, past or present, who may be in any type of need.

If you are a long tabber wanting to verify anything with my company, please contact me along with any questions etc..

DEL / DOL
Welcome aboard all!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:24   #1670
TheLemon
Asset

Evening gentlemen. I was referred to here from another military forum (though nothing like this one) something like 3 years ago. I find your work here with posers and walts very interesting, and if you don't mind me saying I'm currently trying to implement something similar in my own countries SF poser crowd with this site as an influence. I try to stay in my lane here, just reading through the threads and not posting but I'm a daily lurker.

With respect
Regards
TheLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 14:41   #1671
kehl02
Asset

Introduction

I went into MEPS a year and a half ago hoping for 18x and wound up leaving with 35P. I went to basic, to DLI (for Spanish), graduated AIT, and am currently at Airborne. I'll be reporting to 7th Group next month. I have been lurking on here since before MEPS and have learned a ton from the threads. I'm looking forward to getting some good training and hopefully putting it to use somewhere.
kehl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 18:53   #1672
Stephens
Asset

Intro Post

Good Evening, Gentlemen

I'm here to learn so you won't see me posting much. I am a frequent poster at AR15.com. Occasionally, there might be a question that I could get answered by reading over here.
My dad was career army (11B, drill sgt., NCO academy instructor) and my best friend did two tours in VN and time in the 11TH SFG as physician.
I have a buddy who is now with Naval Special Warfare (He is a F18 driver and has been selected to serve with some of the HSLD guys at Va Beach).

That all brings me to PS. I occasionally buy gifts for those guys and might ask advice. I've found it is hard to go wrong with knives, flashlights and packs.

Thanks to everyone here who serves or has served our great country.

Stephens
Old 10-18-2014, 21:54   #1673
johnson_jacob_c
Asset

Introduction

Hello, my name is Jacob Johnson. I Should've posted an introduction a long time ago, but I've just been researching and learning as much as possible from all of the fine people on this site.

A little about me, I am 23 years old. I am currently assigned to 4th ID, 2 ABCT. I joined active duty after serving 4 years in the Iowa National Guard. I deployed to Afghanistan with the Guard in 2010. I am a 13B (unfortunately) but was an 11B first. It has been a long time goal of mine to serve as a Special Forces operator. I will not quit until I achieve that goal. With that said I am slotted to attend SFAS at the end of October. Thank you all for the help in getting me ready for SFAS. All the information on this site has helped me out exponentially.
johnson_jacob_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:10   #1674
The_Guy
SF Candidate

I thought I had posted an introduction when I initially joined but found that I had not.

I have a BBA and currently work in the financial sector. I'll be enlisting as an 18x this month. I found this site several years ago searching for info about a career in SF.

Thank you to all the gents that keep this site running smooth. It's been a great resource.
The_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:55   #1675
EnderWiggin
Asset

Thumbs up Intro

Post removed for privacy reasons

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 09-12-2017 at 10:15. Reason: Removed
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:11   #1676
dcrookston
Asset

Hello

Hello.

I am 35 years old. I grew up in the midwest in a very VERY conservative religious family. When I was 19 I took a religious leader's advice to "go west, young man" (yes he literally said that) to attend college. After school I lost my religion, founded a small company, and worked as a Computer Guy. At 27 I realized that my life was horrifically empty so I enlisted as an 18X, promptly failed selection, and served the rest of my contract in aviation which I ended up loving.

I deployed to Iraq in 2010-2011 as a UAV crew chief; it was a pleasure and an honor to maintain the safety and op status of the aircraft that overflew several dozen missions.

To be perfectly clear, I served entirely in a support role and I am not and never have been a Special Forces team member.

I currently live on the east coast and study international relations at a prominent university on the Charles river. Most of my posts here will relate to international relations, and your perspective on them. Most of the things I'm asking are for my personal curiosity, but occasionally I may want to get someone's perspective for a paper I'm working on. I understand that this raises concerns, so here are a few disclaimers:
  • Nothing I ask about here will ever be used in any publication unless specifically stated, and unless the poster gives specific permission for me to use it.
  • I always assume that permission granted on one statement does not extend to any other statement, regardless of context.
  • If I include any content from this forum in anything I intend to publish, I will always give the person cited a chance to review my work for clarity before publication.
  • As always, I speak only for myself and not for any institution of which I am a member.

If there are any other rules or caveats that I need to abide by, I'm more than happy to learn what they are and stick to them both in letter and spirit.

Thank you for running this forum and giving us the opportunity to interact with the SF community.

Last edited by dcrookston; 10-20-2014 at 11:25.
dcrookston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 14:51   #1677
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrookston View Post
Hello.

I am 35 years old. I grew up in the midwest in a very VERY conservative religious family. When I was 19 I took a religious leader's advice to "go west, young man" (yes he literally said that) to attend college. After school I lost my religion, founded a small company, and worked as a Computer Guy. At 27 I realized that my life was horrifically empty so I enlisted as an 18X, promptly failed selection, and served the rest of my contract in aviation which I ended up loving.

I deployed to Iraq in 2010-2011 as a UAV crew chief; it was a pleasure and an honor to maintain the safety and op status of the aircraft that overflew several dozen missions.

To be perfectly clear, I served entirely in a support role and I am not and never have been a Special Forces team member.

I currently live on the east coast and study international relations at a prominent university on the Charles river. Most of my posts here will relate to international relations, and your perspective on them. Most of the things I'm asking are for my personal curiosity, but occasionally I may want to get someone's perspective for a paper I'm working on. I understand that this raises concerns, so here are a few disclaimers:
  • Nothing I ask about here will ever be used in any publication unless specifically stated, and unless the poster gives specific permission for me to use it.
  • I always assume that permission granted on one statement does not extend to any other statement, regardless of context.
  • If I include any content from this forum in anything I intend to publish, I will always give the person cited a chance to review my work for clarity before publication.
  • As always, I speak only for myself and not for any institution of which I am a member.

If there are any other rules or caveats that I need to abide by, I'm more than happy to learn what they are and stick to them both in letter and spirit.

Thank you for running this forum and giving us the opportunity to interact with the SF community.
UAV crew chief, is that like a Cruise Missile Test Pilot?

Welcome aboard.

I look forward to your discussions concerning "international relations"......especially since you are attending a Boston area college/university.......
Old 10-20-2014, 15:05   #1678
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeEspressoLiber View Post

DEL / DOL
Welcome to the Group!!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:52   #1679
KingRichards
Asset

Introduction

Hello QP's,

I am 17 years old and currently in my senior year of high school and I am starting a career in Army SOF. I have already started myself down that path and plan on attending IET this following summer as an 11x with op. 40.

I am here primarily as a lurker to gather as much information as I can and may ask a question every now and again as i work towards my ultimate goal of attending and completing SFAS/SFQC and serving on an ODA.

I really appreciate this resource that you guys have put together and hope to one day call myself a QP.
KingRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 15:12   #1680
MoldyCrow
Asset

Introduction

I've visited the site off and on since 2011, when I first looked into an ARNG Rep-63. I'll be clear to pass MEPS in 161 days, so that provides a semblance of a timeline.

My family has been linked to the military for a long time, and I've always wanted to serve. The Special Forces, to me, seem like they would be both the most challenging and the most effective in our world right now, so that's where I want to be.

I'm here to learn.

...and a loud THANK YOU to those who have and are currently serving, both SF and otherwise.

"God doesn't need our good works, but our neighbor does."
- Martin Luther
MoldyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote