Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Old 09-06-2020, 09:16   #46
tonyz
Area Commander

When so much divisive politics is so directly injected into sport and work IMO it begins to cross into the realm of indoctrination.

Too much of either major party’s extremism injected into either sport or work and then the destructive emotions begin to run too high, the division cleaves both the team and the workplace - the toxicity becomes palpable.

The purpose of team sport and work then become subservient to the party “message.”

Let sports be sports and work be work. There’s plenty of time for nonsense during the silly season...aka election years.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 09-06-2020 at 13:12. Reason: Clarity
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:10   #47
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
Don't confuse my emotion with despair, it was disgust. This was one of the best decisions I ever made. I've tripled the amount of reading and time spent with my children that I've been able to do since it.

Not to mention, no, college sports are not worth watching either. Do you follow Tiger Droppings (SEC Football Talk)? Colleges, even Southern ones, are on the front lines of pushing Marxist SJW nonsense on our country.

Hard pass.
Not everyone playing sports somehow pushing a SJW agenda. I like watching sports. I tune out all the other bullshit and just watch the games. I don't see any social justice crap on the field, just players/teams trying to win. ESPN is getting insufferable, even their announcers. So I watch the games and tune into a radio play by play when I can.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:16   #48
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
These are the people who get rich when you watch football. Be done with sports, pro and college, or earn ridicule from those who are, which includes every respectable man I know...

https://twitter.com/si_ncaafb/status...721334786?s=20
Don't be upset if I don't feel ridiculed.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:17   #49
abc_123
Quiet Professional

[QUOTE=Trapper John;662201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
don't give in to the world view that the anti american democrats want you to have. do not give in to despair. college sports, while it has it's issues, is still worth watching. IMHO.[/QUOTE

I agree, except for Ohio State! Sorry Bucki Bill, just couldn't help myself!
I'm with you on Ohio State! I'm sorry too!
Old 09-06-2020, 11:19   #50
abc_123
Quiet Professional

nm
Old 09-15-2020, 13:16   #51
frostfire
Area Commander

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ief-loans.html

Then there’s this....

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 15:04   #52
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

"MY HERO"

JOSH, tell me it ain't so, Mistaken identity, You was had by the ESTABLISHMENT...RIGHT... Joshua Bellamy, former New York Jet's football player was CHARGED with fraud in pay roll protection loan scheme.
Old 09-15-2020, 19:07   #53
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Finally. A name worthy of being worn by the NFL

About damn time the NFL recognized true American heroes, role models and warriors. But then again, the player bearing the name was also a warrior.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/stee...va-alwyn-cashe
Old 09-16-2020, 09:04   #54
Razor
Quiet Professional

Alex would've been better off just not getting involved in the whole mess. As it stands, did he write the name on his helmet as an example of a) a guy that actually deserves remembrance and recognition, or b) the fact that the Army awards system is still racist and initially denied the MOH to Cashe unfairly? We don't know, because there's no context to go with why he scrawled the name on his helmet, and Alex isn't offering up any more insight into his action. To me, he's riding the fence--trying to both make a statement and not anger anyone at the same time. Either sack up, say what you mean to say, and accept the consequences, or (the better option) keep your non-football opinions to yourself and be the best athlete/entertainer you can be.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 19:02   #55
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
keep your non-football opinions to yourself and be the best athlete/entertainer you can be.
Best advice ever for all sports figures.
Old 09-16-2020, 20:13   #56
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Why are the “woke” diversity and inclusiveness people always having an issue with a non-conformist?

Bewildering!

Forget the part where the person they choose to honor, Antw0n R053 Jr., was a fleeing felon who more than likely would have been convicted of attempted murder with a dangerous weapon had he lived. I mean we should overlook that small detail as to how and why he got shot by a police officer who was subsequently found not guilty of shooting him.

https://apple.news/Asn8-TYipRQya8IBPYlLnYA

Said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger: "I did not know about Al's choice for the back of his helmet. That's his choice. That's the amazing thing about the country we live in. Unfortunately, it is what it is."

“Unfortunately” Ben, maybe if living here has unfortunate consequences maybe you should fu*k off and suck a bowl of dicks!

The mother: “They came to me as a team/organization and I don't care how good of an individual you are; if you are not a TEAM player then maybe you are playing for the wrong team!!!"

She’s right, Al’s playing for the wrong team and he should find one that doesn’t throw him under the bus because he has a larger viewpoint - whatever it is - that’s the fortunate part of being an American.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:14   #57
Box
Quiet Professional

edited for comparison and context...

Quote:
"Let me very very very clear," she wrote on Facebook. "The NFL had a policy on standing for the National Anthem. Obviously one person didn't like the results so they chose to do something different. I have nothing against celebrities and appreciate what they do, but this one person showed us exactly who he is and obviously he didn't approve of the NFL policy on standing for the National Anthem. In my opinion; that's for his coach, team and organization to address NOT ME! While he was so busy being negative what it actually did now forced more people to engage in this conversation.

"I'm going to use this negative press and negativity to motivate me to hold the NFL even more accountable!!! Yes I believe in second chances but as we all know I believe in putting in the work and that's how I base my collaborations. If Colon Keptincrunch is not a TEAM player then maybe he was playing for the wrong team!!!"

Just looking for some consistency...
...kneeling was bad when a guy did it out of Relgious conviction
...kneeling was good when a Black player raised under the white privilege of his parents did it to protest police killing criminals
...putting names on your helmet is good when its a criminal's name
...putting names on your helmet is bad when its a military veteran that served with honor

Again, just looking for consistency
...and Ben Rapelessburger can STFU
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 09-17-2020 at 07:18.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:06   #58
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
edited for comparison and context...

Just looking for some consistency...
...kneeling was bad when a guy did it out of Relgious conviction
...kneeling was good when a Black player raised under the white privilege of his parents did it to protest police killing criminals
...putting names on your helmet is good when its a criminal's name
...putting names on your helmet is bad when its a military veteran that served with honor

Again, just looking for consistency
...and Ben Rapelessburger can STFU
AMEN!!

Ever since the National Felon League gave support and solace to the dog murderer Michael Vick, that was a defining line for me and I have been done!
Old 09-17-2020, 10:02   #59
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
JOSH, tell me it ain't so, Mistaken identity, You was had by the ESTABLISHMENT...RIGHT... Joshua Bellamy, former New York Jet's football player was CHARGED with fraud in pay roll protection loan scheme.
His agent aka enabler says give him benefit of the doubt. As in doubt that he understood that falsifying records to obtain government money is a wrong.

The next time a sports entertainer/activist starts to do this he/she/it should think "wait a minute didn't dey give dat Josh 20 years in fed pen for doing dat?"
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:29   #60
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
His agent aka enabler says give him benefit of the doubt. As in doubt that he understood that falsifying records to obtain government money is a wrong.

The next time a sports entertainer/activist starts to do this he/she/it should think "wait a minute didn't dey give dat Josh 20 years in fed pen for doing dat?"
I also thought it was a long-standing credo that ignorance of the law is is no excuse for breaking it.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote