Old 04-08-2021, 10:57   #2611
WarriorDisciple
Asset

Introduction

Hello,
First, I am thankful to be here and learn all I can from the leaders, Men, and Women that are in this community. Thank you for the opportunity and growth.
Second, My name is Adam. I am in the reserves at the moment with aspirations to pursue my military career further. I am thirty years old out of Colorado and have the support of an amazing wife.
Lastly, I look forward to learning from many of you and growing from the wealth of knowledge in this venture.

Adam

Romans 12
WarriorDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 20:36   #2612
Fozzy B.
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

I'm 37 and a husband and father of three in the Midwest. Despite the challenges that come with those realities, I'm considering joining the service. I'm thankful for this forum and site as it has provided invaluable information from very helpful people.

If you're reading this - the moderators are right: Read every post in the forums before asking questions. All of the questions I've had have been so far answered by existing posts, as well as questions I hadn't thought to ask.
Fozzy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 20:38   #2613
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy B. View Post
Hello,

I'm 37 and a husband and father of three in the Midwest. Despite the challenges that come with those realities, I'm considering joining the service. I'm thankful for this forum and site as it has provided invaluable information from very helpful people.

If you're reading this - the moderators are right: Read every post in the forums before asking questions. All of the questions I've had have been so far answered by existing posts, as well as questions I hadn't thought to ask.
Welcome and best of luck.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 19:21   #2614
cluster550
Asset

Hello,

As you all can see I’ve been a lurker for a little while. I first ran across this forum when I was considering enlisting, and while that never happened, this site had a significant impact on my mindset back then. I’ve enjoyed popping in and skimming posts occasionally ever since.

Between using the search button and generally not having much of value to add to threads, I never felt the need to post, but I did find a thread I felt I should chime in on...
cluster550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:37   #2615
oldbandit
Asset

Hi everyone!

26 years old and preparing for MEPs with hopes of getting an 18x contract. Spent most of my early life in military housing surrounded by personnel (Father served in the Navy for 21 as GM), now I would like to serve my country as well. I have been skulking the boards here for a little over a month before I created an account, just trying to absorb as much as possible from the discussions here. I don't like to talk about myself much so I hope this is intro will suffice.
oldbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 19:02   #2616
Yonatan
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone,

I'm 20 and from the Pacific Northwest. I'm on this forum to learn more about the lifestyle of a quiet professional, and to prepare as best I can for selection.

I'm a licensed private pilot and qualified as an Incident Commander, mainly for water rescue, diving, and salvage operations. I currently speak English and Hebrew, although I'm working on my Arabic.

My interest in joining the teams comes from two great men I had to learn from, one who served in the teams in Vietnam, and the second who worked as a contractor for State in East Africa. Hearing the few stories they could tell me sparked my interest in that kind of work and the extraordinary people who perform it.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to learn a lot being here.
Yonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 14:57   #2617
Little Muddy
Asset

Intro

I enlisted a few years ago in hopes of serving my country, but my old unit didn't get that opportunity, so I went to selection. One step down, one thousand to go.

I want to contribute as much as possible wherever I get assigned. But with America shifting focus to the East, I'm having a hard time moving on with the sense of guilt from not doing my part in GWOT. So I'm here searching for wisdom and direction.

Thank you.
Old 05-05-2021, 19:19   #2618
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Muddy View Post
I enlisted a few years ago in hopes of serving my country, but my old unit didn't get that opportunity, so I went to selection. One step down, one thousand to go.

I want to contribute as much as possible wherever I get assigned. But with America shifting focus to the East, I'm having a hard time moving on with the sense of guilt from not doing my part in GWOT. So I'm here searching for wisdom and direction.

Thank you.
The GWOT is old news figure out how to fight a real Army without getting fixed with self guided munitions, (Hint) your radio is not your friend use it sparingly for all you new recruits.

(Wisdom) someone did it many times before you joined the military so it can be done .
(Direction) strait in front of you one foot in front of the other !

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 14:38   #2619
NoInterestInJAG
Asset

Introduction

Hello All,
I just turned 29 and am a foreign-born naturalized citizen. I am currently working in a city government position in Monterey County, after getting an English degree, as well as two law degrees (JD and LLM). I have been wanting to join the Army (specifically SF) for almost my entire adult life, but my son was born during my final year in college. At the time, I was informed that the Army did not offer single parents FCP's (family care plan), and that reserves or guard was the only option. They also kept pushing me to try JAG since I had been accepted to law school. I opted instead to go to law school, but ultimately knew it would not make me happy. I ended up playing college tennis in the states, and then played college basketball during my LLM in Scotland, so it wasn't a total loss. The money I make now is great, but I do not feel fulfilled by the work, and I hate the sedentary nature of the work involved. I went down to the recruiter earlier this year and he informed me that the Army was offering FCP's and I took the ASVAB just last week. I scored in the 99th percentile with a GT score of 136 or 138 (there were a bunch of numbers that came up and these were two of them that had G and T, sorry for not being specific). I was offered the 18x and will be accepting soon, I just don't like the July ship date due to a wedding I must attend in August and my son's birthday early September, so I will be waiting for the next ship date. Reading all of these posts has been very helpful in crafting a running program, and I love reading the success stories as well. I am hoping to make it through and be a part of this remarkable brotherhood.
Thank you,
Not Interested in JAG
NoInterestInJAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 19:56   #2620
Joker
Quiet Professional

Welcome and the best of luck.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 22:17   #2621
NoInterestInJAG
Asset

Thank you, it is humbling to hear the support
NoInterestInJAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 19:48   #2622
ArmyBrat1980
Asset

Hello

Hello, I'm a 41 year old grocery store manager. Married with two kids. I grew up at Fort Bragg until 1987 when my father was killed in action. I joined to search for others that may have served with him, since I never got the chance to know him that well. Thanks.
ArmyBrat1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:24   #2623
CowboyMedicine
Asset

Tight 360

Retired Physician Assistant. Spent time as an 18D student before going to the dark side, commissioning. Back as a PA with 528th Resuscitation Teams and as a Company Commander at JSOMTC (SWMG). Now consulting with a SOCOM project requiring former 18D and SOCMs to instruct prolonged field care (now prolonged casualty care) in the SOCMSSC / SFMSSSC.

Appreciate this forum and all of those within.
CowboyMedicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 19:54   #2624
TheRookie64
Asset

Intro

Hello everyone. I'd first like to thank everyone who contributes to the info on this site, as it helps those who come upon this site with open minds make the correct decision.

I am currently an Aeronautical Engineer in Texas, a little over a year out of college. While I am mostly happy with the job (sitting indoors with no windows for 11-14 hrs per day NOT included), I am constantly aware of my desire to serve and that the "right" time to join will never come. I "tried" to join a local NG unit in college, but my recruiter was injured and was no-contact for months. When he later contacted me to resume the process, I had already accepted my current job offer.

I am drawn towards trying out for SF because I have always volunteered for the harder tasks, as by doing so I knew I would come out the other side a more capable individual. I forced myself to finish college a year early by taking more than the full load of courses and not taking any summer or winter off, all while putting 30+ hrs/wk into my extracurricular design team. These efforts were rewarded in my job interview where I had to distinguish myself from the hundreds who had already interviewed that day for the same position. Additionally, I am interested by the wide range of skills that each team member must bring to the table. Back in high school, I spread my experiences across the whole spectrum; there was a period in time where after school I'd go to football practice, then theater, then work on robotics, and I might be home by midnight. Being a well-rounded individual has always and will continue to be important to me.

I also see trying out for the more difficult jobs to be a responsibility of those who feel they could do the profession justice. I take national security very seriously, and would deeply regret letting the teams have an inadequate supply of good members just so that I could remain in my comparably cushy job. Simply put: If not me, then who?

I am currently focusing on improving my PT, as I did the "wrong" sports and played the "wrong" positions in HS (Football... DT, Track & Field... throwing), and didn't devote enough time in college to getting better physically. Once I hit those goals, I plan on contacting B Co 3/20th to start the process, as they are the closest unit to where I grew up and where I plan on moving my civilian job back to after my attempt at the pipeline is made. Being away from family for extended periods of time is fine, but permanently leaving is something I'd like to avoid. Appreciation for being around family/friends was something that moving halfway across the country alone during COVID taught me the hard way.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all the QP's. Your conduct and actions I have seen and read about both on this forum and in many other places is what inspires young guys like me to follow in your footsteps and do the profession proud.

Now I will return to reading and listening, as I have no questions at the moment, and lots of PT to do.
TheRookie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 17:29   #2625
zuck
Asset

Intro

Hello everyone, I am a 26 y/o joining the PA guard as a 11b. My plan is to attend a SFRE in WV or Ohio down the road. I am excited to get the process rolling and to serve with great people. Ready to learn.
zuck is offline   Reply With Quote