Old 04-05-2012, 07:49   #151
renegade26
Asset

I'm a 26 YO currently serving in a support role in an NG SF Unit, currently trying to get back to the Q course.
renegade26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 13:30   #152
mypetrobot
Asset

My name is frank.

Got selected in class 06-12, waiting for a q-course date.

Also a ranger school grad from 02-09.
mypetrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 19:15   #153
Sandman83
Asset

Introductions V

My name is Mike,
I'm 28, Currently serving in the NG as a 31B. I found this site looking for a legitimate source of information on Special Forces and guidance from Men who are currently SF or who have been on how prepare for Selection as I'm looking to spend the next year of my deployment preparing with a few other fellow soldiers who are going that direction. I want to Thank All Of You who have sacrificed everything to do the work you do. You are a Inspiration to me and many others.
Thank You
Sandman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:58   #154
Kickstanding
SF Candidate

Good afternoon,

I am a 24 year old civilian with no prior military experience. Admittedly, I am a two-time OCS non-select, but please do not misinterpret my pursuit of an 18x contract as settling for "second choice." Service to my country is always first and foremost.
Kickstanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:42   #155
TheDouglasJames
Asset

Introduction

Im a SGT, I have been in eight years and am heading to SF training sometime near the end of this year. I am very eager to go knock out some amazing training and learn a lot. Hoping to learn a lot here as well, and be able to better prepare myself for what lies ahead. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:03   #156
Sir topham hatt
SF Candidate

23yr old active army here, starting the process to join the ranks of the Green Berets. I will make it...
Sir topham hatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 14:50   #157
sterinn
Asset

Hello-

My name's Steve xxxx - I'm a 26 yo husband of 5 years to an incredible woman. My most honest intentions as plainly as I can state them and the reason I've joined this site is that I have joining the service on my heart and I have been working on my fitness pretty seriously over the last 4 1/2 - 5 years in possible preparation. My background is oilfield labor, safety management, and now training and development. I feel a bit like a nut because with this decision some may see it as throwing everything away but I do not look at it that way and the end result will not be as such. I'd like to do it because I live in the best country to have ever existed on the planet and to serve it as directly as possible is the only way we can continue to be. I want the experience of performing for my country at the highest possible level and using my skills to help train others once I've served.- I truely enjoy working with people and training and facilitating them to perform, and that's what I'll do when I'm out if I decide to join.

I'm dedicated and a long-term person, I don't quit, and I'm smart. I can be a little bit wild when it comes to my hobbies- I like to go as far as I possibly can with them and then a little more. On par with what my bio states, I like to learn things and be hands on- I am passionate about helping people, the USA, and anything that involves moving parts and/or things that go "bang." I'll be lurking this website for a while reading and studying things but if someone within the community would like to speak with me via PM, phone, or in person please do so because I'd like as much insight as possible.

Thanks, God Bless, and Happy Easter.

Steve

Edited by Richard
sterinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:40   #158
Tork
Asset

Riley xxxxxxx
Joining Air Force as soon as I graduate from highschool
Goal eventually is PJ. I will succeed.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to learn from men such as yourselves, and value the resource greatly.
Thank you

Edited by Richard
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31   #159
elquesodio
Asset

Introduction

At the time of this posting, I have been active duty Air Force for 7.5 years. I served for 7 years as an Intel analyst and the past half year as a Logistics Manager. While the jobs have been interesting and I have learned alot, I have found them all to be unfullfilling to me.

About 3 years ago, I realized I had a strong interest in pursuing a career in SOF. I had initially planned to get into one of the AF's SOF career fields. However in the summer of 2009, I attended Combat Skills Training at Fort Dix, NJ in preperation of an upcoming deployment. To this day I have never enjoyed myself as much as that month I spent in that training. I loved the Army way of life and the types of training they got to experience. I decided then that I had joined the wrong service and set my sights on transfering to the Army.

I began doing research into Special Forces and the more I read, the more I began to realize this is what I wanted. My first insight into the Green Beret world was when I was reading the book The Commandos by Douglas C. Waller. One chapter was an overview of Robin Sage. Since then I have picked up a copy of Get Selected for Special Forces, How To Be A Green Beret and Chosen Warrior. I have also dug into this site to glean as much knowledge as possible. The more I read, the more convinced I am that not only do I want to do this, but this is for me.

I was married at the beginning of 2010 and have had a son born in 2011 with another on the way towards the end of 2012. My wife has known about my desires to pursue SF since we met and were married. Not only does she support my decision, but is encouraging me to pursue it. I could never ask for a better woman as a wife.

So this brings me to current. I have put in a request to the AF for seperation under the Blue To Green program. I plan on enlisting into the Army under the 18X program, which is currently accepting E-5s (which is my current rank). I hope to be headed to Army Boot Camp by the end of the year or at the latest, early next year.

I would like to thank all the QPs for their service and I hope to be able to experience the things that you have. I would also like to thank you for the ability to glean from your vast knowledge.

~ Phil
elquesodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:39   #160
seandmullins
Quiet Professional

Intro

Originally assigned to GSC 3rd Group as commo support before heading to SFAS in 2000. Served in B/3/7 as an 18D, then as a CDQC instructor in SWCS. Currently an 18Z in the National Capital Region. Looking forward to catching up with old friends and sharing the knowledge on this site.
seandmullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:00   #161
sneakypete314
Quiet Professional

intro

hey guys thanks for creating and maintaing a site where we can all share ideas and experiences.
im a new 18 series to group. I've been there for about a month now so i am still the fng. looking forward to sharing and expanding my knowledge base.
sneakypete314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 14:48   #162
j4ck98
Asset

First post

My name is David A and I'm a sophomore in college. I am currently enlisted in the PA national guard as a 68W. My current plan is to graduate college and then work my way to SFAS. I feel privileged to be apart of the best military in the world and hope to someday become a Special Forces Soldier. Thank you.

Private Ambartsumian
j4ck98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 21:19   #163
prairiesheepdog
Asset

Intro

Hello,
I served 4years as an 11B in the 82nd from Nov. 1979 through June, 1983. I used to shoot IPSC matches with a couple 5th Group SFCs who were pretty good types. Since then, I've worked in private security and local/state level Law Enforcement. Now I'm a Fed. The members of this site have a lot of insight into world affairs as they affect our nation.

I have two sons serving in the US Army. Both are better men than I ever was but dont tell them I said so.

Thanks for having me here.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29   #164
JROD
Asset

Intro

Hello All,

I am an 18E/18F Currently with USASFC G6. I served with 2/7th SFG for 6 years and enjoyed every moment of it. I have done ODA, Bteam, SIGDET, S6 NCOIC, and now USASFC G6. I look forward to going warrant here shortly so I can spend the rest of my military career on an ODA. Working at ODA level and now at G6 has opened many doors on how the commo realm functions. Granted im in a cube farm but I work with the G8 which actually gets alot acomplished for the regiment. I facilitate with equipment training, spectrum management, and acuireing equipment. So if you 18E's have questions please feel free to give me a call at 910-643-8436. "Knowing is half the Battle"
JROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:20   #165
kazimer
Asset

Hello All

My name is Sherman I am an Army Captain with 7 years of service. Previously with the Corps of Engineers now a 24A. I missed my boat of being an 18 series officer but am exploring other ways to serve the special operations community.
kazimer is offline   Reply With Quote