Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-03-2018, 15:11   #16
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
But Libertarians would rather pound away on the keyboard about how much cooler they are, vote for the Libertarian running for Governor and strut about saying how smart their vote was.
Ding-ding! In private conversation in the local supper club here that the aforementioned knucklehead owned (to be fair, it was a great place to eat), he would confess that he really screwed up & should've just run as an 'R' and let the primary sort it out. He learned a lesson but we got 4 more years of Ponzi schemes & shell games.

"Wind in his Hair" would not have described that as a "good trade."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:58   #17
Badger52
Area Commander

Pretty good piece from Kevin Nicholson (former USMC btw) who is running to unseat the wimmen's LGBT darling Tammy Baldwin in this state for US Senate. Pretty good modern parallel to why leaving the D's has happened in thie past. (Kevin, after the primary when she plays the woman/LGBT card - and she will - don't rise to the bait, just drive on.)

Link here. Text below in case they shuffle it around.

I'm running for Senate as a Republican. My Democrat parents are so furious they're backing my opponent

Quote:
My decision to be a Democrat was never a decision. It was just expected of me. It was understood. Born into a family of Democrats, my grandfather would often spend weekends talking to me about his respect for Franklin Roosevelt and his annoyance with President Reagan. I listened and absorbed, but was not yet ready to think critically about what I was told – or to decide for myself.

I love and miss my grandfather, but life has since taught me that thinking critically about the principles of the Democrat party is never encouraged because if you do, you have no choice but to leave – to walk away.

I was elected National President of the College Democrats of America in 1999, and now I’m a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in 2018. While the Democrats’ influence over my political philosophy defined a few years in my late teens and early twenties, that influence could not withstand the test of life and experience that made me a conservative as an adult. In contrast with my time as a Democrat, my evolution to becoming a conservative Republican was a fully mindful and deliberate decision, based on my life experiences that left me with no other option.

While my choice was made clear to me through the experience of my marriage, the birth of my three children, my acceptance of Jesus Christ as my savior, my time fighting in two wars, and my experience in business since leaving the Marine Corps, it came at personal cost.

My parents have since turned their back on me, my wife, their grandchildren, and their extended family. Adding to this, they decided to make the maximum contribution to my Democrat opponent in my campaign for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin, an intentional personal blow that made headlines across the country. It was deliberate – and it is a true representation of the intolerance of a political philosophy that stands on the false platform of tolerance.

I don’t enjoy talking about this highly personal experience, but as I see the #WalkAway movement gain momentum, I feel compelled to share my story. As #WalkAway grows, conservatives need to reach out to those who were raised to believe in a Democrat Party and a liberal political philosophy that does nothing to make them more successful.

Many others who have decided to leave the Democrat Party have also likely paid a personal price for their decision. And others are not yet ready to leave because of the judgement and ridicule they will undoubtedly receive from other Democrats – whether family, friends, or co-workers. Unfortunately, their fear is founded.

The Democrat party is not the party of tolerance. It is not the party of acceptance. It is the party of intolerance. It is the party of closed doors, but open borders. It is the party of judgement. It is the party of identity politics. And that is why the #WalkAway movement is resonating. Because when you stop and ask yourself why you should be a Democrat, it is impossible to answer if you acknowledge the party’s hypocrisy, since it openly advocates for policies that encourage dependency and destroy opportunity for all of us.

As we look to the future, conservatives must aggressively reach out and welcome those who were not born into conservative families. We must continue to champion the dignity of all human life, conserve and strategically invest our financial resources, and work to build a strong defense that secures our nation’s prosperity for all. This is how I will win my election against Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin this November, and also how we will win the future of this nation.

During my Senate race, I have learned that some establishment Republican circles are reluctant to accept new members to our party. Too many believe that they have a club that they control – and would like to keep it that way since it keeps them in power. Those who demand that people be Republicans from birth in order to have a voice in the conservative movement would shrink, not grow our party. And their short-sighted perspective on people’s ability to mature as they experience life would keep us from bringing new Republicans into the fold, like Donald Trump has done. We need to push beyond these voices, and welcome new conservatives in order to secure our nation’s future.

If you’ve decided to #WalkAway or plan to, I encourage you to find strength in those who have already walked the path. Find strength in the principles of conservatism that are founded in faith, liberty, and the Constitution. And find strength in those who have walked the path before you: President Ronald Reagan, President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, former U.S. Senator Phil Gramm – and so many others. Find strength in our decision to choose to believe in the human capacity to succeed when free, as you do the same.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 07-16-2018, 08:02   #18
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Pretty good piece from Kevin Nicholson (former USMC btw) who is running to unseat the wimmen's LGBT darling Tammy Baldwin in this state for US Senate. Pretty good modern parallel to why leaving the D's has happened in thie past. (Kevin, after the primary when she plays the woman/LGBT card - and she will - don't rise to the bait, just drive on.)

Link here. Text below in case they shuffle it around.

I'm running for Senate as a Republican. My Democrat parents are so furious they're backing my opponent

The text of that article sounds like people trying to leave Scientology or some other cult.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:28   #19
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
The text of that article sounds like people trying to leave Scientology or some other cult.
LOL. I think you put it pretty well given their actions, especially in the recent past. It took a perspective developed over much time for Reagan. If he were suddenly here now & were able to observe the past 18 months, I think his OODA loop for a decision to leave would be measured in milliseconds.

Old 07-16-2018, 15:58   #20
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...roup-says.html

https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/201...-george-soros/

Speaking of democrats, liberals and leaving the party has anyone ever wondered why Soros is not being sought as an enemy of the state...I know why it didn't happen under Obama and Hillary but why not now??

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 07-16-2018 at 16:03.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 16:52   #21
RCummings
Guerrilla

WD,

I wondered the same thing. Some of the QPs and others have and are ousting enemies of our nation. Why not some of these? Money? Thats what it usually is.

V/R

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:58   #22
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...roup-says.html

https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/201...-george-soros/

Speaking of democrats, liberals and leaving the party has anyone ever wondered why Soros is not being sought as an enemy of the state...I know why it didn't happen under Obama and Hillary but why not now??
I read somewhere that Soros has divested much of his organization and wealth to his sons who have taken over his dirty work. Would probably have to remove all of them from among the elite classes.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 13:27   #23
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
I read somewhere that Soros has divested much of his organization and wealth to his sons who have taken over his dirty work. Would probably have to remove all of them from among the elite classes.

Any takers......

Soros his clan/and followers, just label them as "putrid human waste" that are trying to destroy this Country. I think it's about time to get the Septic cleaned out......

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 16:12   #24
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Soro's was said to be a antisemite though he is Jewish and has funded and supported the elimination of Israel......how does a man live through the holocaust and yet hate his own people?? His father had left communist Russia to get away from communism and this idiot turns around and supports it.....the irony of this guy is not only does he lack loyalty to anyone except his self but he is typical of the blue bloods who tried to preserve their wealth under the Oligarchy of Russia once the Romanov's were gone....Ayn Rand absolutely hated the communist system because of the reality and abuses though she came from one of the wealthy families. What is also of note is the lefts attack on the Koch family of Kansas because the senior Kock had made much of his initial wealth from Russian oil but what the left likes to neglect mentioning was how much Mr Koch hated communism and came back to the U.S. with a sense of activism against communism....he knew it was evil and so does Soros the difference? Koch saw it as evil and wanted no part of it and even funded anti communist groups but Soros sees it as a opportunity to preserve his own wealth and a power player in the Oligarchy.....and yet he and his sons being philanthropic and all are still billionaires
Old 07-18-2018, 17:39   #25
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
Any takers......

Soros his clan/and followers, just label them as "putrid human waste" that are trying to destroy this Country.
For a window into what they've accomplished - and their blueprint for us - one need only take a look at Europe.

Old 07-18-2018, 19:08   #26
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
For a window into what they've accomplished - and their blueprint for us - one need only take a look at Europe.

With help from friends like multi-culturalism warrior Barbra Lerner Spectre.

Quote:
Europe has not yet learned how to be multicultural. And I think we are going to be part of the throes of that transformation, which must take place. Europe is not going to be the monolithic societies [sic] that they once were in the last century. Jews are going to be at the center of that. It’s a huge transformation for Europe to make. They are now going into a multicultural mode, and Jews will be resented because of our leading role. But without that leading role, and without that transformation, Europe will not survive.

- Barbara Lerner Spectre, IBA-News, 2010
Old 07-19-2018, 00:03   #27
ProudGSMom
Asset

One answer...

[QUOTE=WarriorDiplomat;644663]Soro's was said to be a antisemite though he is Jewish and has funded and supported the elimination of Israel......how does a man live through the holocaust and yet hate his own people??

A neighbor family I grew up with was Jewish...or, the grandfather was. He survived Auschwitz, came to this country and disavowed his faith and people. He said he hated and was ashamed of his Jewish heritage, because they allowed their own slaughter. His words, not mine. Yes, he was bitter but so very appreciative of this country, and insisted his children and grandchildren all serve in our military. America became his religion.

He told me the stories that my extended family who did not get out of Europe prior to 1939 did not live to tell. He also said, “no, it wasn’t six million, it was fourteen million, but the majority aren’t counted because they weren’t Jewish.”
~
"Islam" means "Submission" we are Americans, we do not submit.
~
PS, Sgt. x, you met him before we deployed. He is asking for Double Stuffed Oreos.
~
~~~excerpts from letters home, PFC Andrew Meari, KIA 11/1/10
ProudGSMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:28   #28
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

[QUOTE=ProudGSMom;644668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
Soro's was said to be a antisemite though he is Jewish and has funded and supported the elimination of Israel......how does a man live through the holocaust and yet hate his own people??

A neighbor family I grew up with was Jewish...or, the grandfather was. He survived Auschwitz, came to this country and disavowed his faith and people. He said he hated and was ashamed of his Jewish heritage, because they allowed their own slaughter. His words, not mine. Yes, he was bitter but so very appreciative of this country, and insisted his children and grandchildren all serve in our military. America became his religion.

He told me the stories that my extended family who did not get out of Europe prior to 1939 did not live to tell. He also said, “no, it wasn’t six million, it was fourteen million, but the majority aren’t counted because they weren’t Jewish.”
I know there were many genetic and practicing Jews that disavowed the people and religion their were alot of mental issues and suicides from the experience......Soro's disliked who he was before the Holocaust the anecdote was more about his character from the beginning....he saw opportunity where most see evil