Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 03-13-2005, 21:53   #1
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Some New stuff I've gotten Lately

Rather than Clutter up Razor's Gear forum, I'll condense multiple reviews into one thread.

Chris Reeve Sebenza:I was given one of these Beauties by AM for my recent birthday. This is without a doubt the finest folding knife I have ever had the pleasure of handling, much less owned. If you have played with one, you know what I mean, if you have not, you owe it to yourself if for no reason other than to get an idea for what the best really is. Chris and Anne are great folks who make some of the best products in their field. Solid Titanium handles/frame lock and a CPM-S30V blade that is sharpened to an edge that Mr. Harsey would probably describe as,"A little bit polished" but would probably blow the mind of most folks not used to such things. Summary: EXCELLENT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT!!!! Highly recommended to anyone who can do it. Mine has replaced my SOG PEII as one half of the pair of knives I carry daily, the other being a Spyderco Police model Fully serrated that is pure hell on Boxes and can be replaced very easily if need be, The Sebenza is reserved for other more delicate uses, though I am sure it would greatly outlast the Spyderco.

Wiley X PT-1 glasses: Snagged a pair of these at a recent convention I attended that may anger some board members if I mentioned it again......Peregrino knows what I'm talkin about. Anywhoo, I have been quite happy with the overall fit and general quality of these glasses, especially considering the price as they retail for around $60. Mine came with the "Blue Ice" lens and I recently acquired spare ones in Clear and in "Pale Rose". Summary: All in all, they have been great, My only complaints against them are: One of my earpieces is a little loose, a condition I can easily remedy with some glue, but I never can remember it when I have the time to do so; and my Blue lens got hit right above the bridge of my nose by a piece of .223 brass from a buddy's rifle and got gouged pretty good. Luckily, the mark is out of my line of sight, but it is a bit irritating, I would have thought they would have been more resistant to such things, but I've been wrong before.

Comp-Tac CTAC holster:I picked one of these up from my Buddy Danny Crow At Crow's Tactical Outfitters and I have been really happy with it thus far. Most Folks hate Kydex Holsters for IWB use, but I don't have any problem with them and have been carrying Comp-Tac for Some time now. Their Gurkha and their Pro Undercover as well as their Mag pouches and their Surefire Carriers are also in my bag o tricks and all have served quite well for everyting from Concealed carry to range use to IPSC matches. Summary: By and large this is great kit, but it does take some getting used to especially the IWB styles when worn in warm climates. The only problems I have had with their gear have been that some of their belt clips, specifically the ones on the Gurkha. Mine broke after roughly 6 months of pretty hard use, however, the clips on my holster were of an older design that has been updated on newer models and I understand that it is a more robust design than the ones I have used. All problems I have experienced with their gear have been corrected at no more expense to me than shipping to and from their Houston location. They stand by their product and they are Texas Boys, Both things that are important to me.

Hope someone out their Can use at least some of this info for good. Hit me up if you have any questions

Good times
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 22:51   #2
eggroll
Guerrilla

dannys still around

the CTAC is my carry holster with a G19, a hybrid paddle/beltslide holster. Snug fit and fairly robust.

EGG
Old 03-19-2005, 07:45   #3
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll
dannys still around

the CTAC is my carry holster with a G19, a hybrid paddle/beltslide holster. Snug fit and fairly robust.

EGG

He is admittedly hard to get in touch with at times, and he has pretty much gotten away from the forums lately, but he is still around.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote