Old 07-09-2005, 05:53   #1
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

London Blast

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...684970,00.html

I think this person understands the problem we face.

BMT
Old 07-09-2005, 08:21   #2
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...684970,00.html

I think this person understands the problem we face.

BMT

I agree. But will anyone listen to him? Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:33   #3
Doc
Quiet Professional

I agree. Good post BMT.

Here is the meat of the problem. Most westerners have no concept of the mindset of their sworn enemies.

Quote:
But sorry, old chaps, you are dealing with an enemy that does not want anything specific, and cannot be talked back into reason through anger management or round-table discussions. Or, rather, this enemy does want something specific: to take full control of your lives, dictate every single move you make round the clock and, if you dare resist, he will feel it his divine duty to kill you.
Look at the world through Amercian eyes and you'll get bitch slapped every time.

Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:36   #4
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
I agree. Good post BMT.

Here is the meat of the problem. Most westerners have no concept of the mindset of their sworn enemies.

Look at the world through Amercian eyes and you'll get bitch slapped every time.

Doc
The thing the annoys/amazes me is how eagerly we ignore or discount what the Islamists tell us they are going to do. Their religion requires them to "warn" us before they take action - and they do. There is nothing hidden about their goals or methods yet we insist on burying our heads in the sand and praying they're "just using rhetoric". The part of the story that was most revealing to me about the difference in mindset was the Dutch filmmaker's story copied below.

Moments after yesterday’s attacks my telephone was buzzing with requests for interviews with one recurring question: but what do they want? That reminded me of Theo van Gogh, the Dutch film-maker, who was shot by an Islamist assassin on his way to work in Amsterdam last November. According to witnesses, Van Gogh begged for mercy and tried to reason with his assailant. “Surely we can discuss this,” he kept saying as the shots kept coming. “Let us talk it over.”

Western liberals and apologists will keep trying to "talk it over" until their blood is congealed on the streets. We (Western civilization) are the "clueless ones". My .02 - Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 14:01   #5
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino
The thing the annoys/amazes me is how eagerly we ignore or discount what the Islamists tell us they are going to do. Their religion requires them to "warn" us before they take action - and they do. There is nothing hidden about their goals or methods yet we insist on burying our heads in the sand and praying they're "just using rhetoric". The part of the story that was most revealing to me about the difference in mindset was the Dutch filmmaker's story copied below.

Moments after yesterday’s attacks my telephone was buzzing with requests for interviews with one recurring question: but what do they want? That reminded me of Theo van Gogh, the Dutch film-maker, who was shot by an Islamist assassin on his way to work in Amsterdam last November. According to witnesses, Van Gogh begged for mercy and tried to reason with his assailant. “Surely we can discuss this,” he kept saying as the shots kept coming. “Let us talk it over.”

Western liberals and apologists will keep trying to "talk it over" until their blood is congealed on the streets. We (Western civilization) are the "clueless ones". My .02 - Peregrino
Yes, I agree with you 100%! It never seems to dawn on the sheeple that they mean just what they say! The only way to deal with these people is to kill them before they kill you or yours! We need to get over this PC crap and face up to the job of eliminating these people from the face of the earth...the sooner the better!

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Trip_Wire (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 16:31   #6
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Good find BMT. Thanks.

--Aric
Old 07-12-2005, 09:28   #7
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

London Blast

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...385127,00.html

BMT
Old 07-12-2005, 17:41   #8
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Looks like they've found 'em on CCTV:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4676577.stm

London bombers 'were all British'

Detectives now believe the London bombings were carried out by four British-born men in what were possibly the country's first suicide attacks.
Security sources said it was likely at least three of the men, said to be of Pakistani-descent, are dead after their belongings were found at the scenes.

The details emerged as explosives were found in Leeds and Luton after a series of raids. One man has been arrested.

The BBC's Frank Gardner said an expert may have offered the bombers guidance.

The security correspondent said the suspected bombers - one of whom is thought to have been as young as 19 - may have been helped by someone who would have left the country before the bombs went off.

Police revealed details of the breakthrough in their investigation into the attacks, which killed at least 52 people, on Tuesday.

On Monday night they had viewed CCTV footage of the men together at London King's Cross last Thursday.

They all had rucksacks and were seen just 20 minutes before the three Tube bombs started going off at 0851 BST. A bus bomb went off in Tavistock Square at 0947 BST.

Three of the men had travelled to Luton from Leeds by train, before catching a Thameslink train to London. They had been joined at Luton by a fourth man who had driven to the Bedfordshire town.

See the above link for the rest of the article...
Old 07-12-2005, 18:56   #9
frostfire
Area Commander

Here we go again. From the article:

Quote:
Sir Iqbal Sacranie, of the Muslim Council of Britain, said it had received news of the suspects with "anguish, shock and horror".

He said: "It appears our youth have been involved in last week's horrific bombings against innocent people.

"While the police investigation continues we reiterate our absolute commitment and resolve to helping the police bring to justice all involved in this crime of mass murder. Nothing in Islam can ever justify the evil actions of the bombers."

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 20:54   #10
casey
Quiet Professional

Its a sad fact that as always, its NOT the George Galloways or Michael Moores on the trains, in the malls nor having a taste in the local watering hole when Ahmed (yes, I know I didn't write Bob, Semus or Juan) decides to become the latest shadid of the moment. It will always be the mother of three, or grandfather, or son/daughter serving in a foreign land who will be the victims of this mutated ideology.

Having been to Londonstan, I don't happen to agree that their immigration policies, Europassports, overt politicial correctness nor new "thoughtcrime" law to "protect" muslims is helping them see what they are confronting - even now. The BBC has revoked the use of the term "terrorist" because of the emiotional values set to it and had taken to calling these islamic killers - "bombers" instead.

I could not agree more with BMT, Doc, Peregrino or Trip Wire. You don't have to be a "terrorism expert" to know whats coming - they (Rahman, Abu Hamza, bin Laden, Yuseff and HUNDREDS of islamic clerics) are telling you EVERY fu..... day that they are at war with us - we are chosing to look at their homicidal actions as "unrelated" criminal acts, and refuse to believe in said war.

And God help us, please don't mention, or bring attention to the fact that all these murderous acts were comitted by muslims in the name of allah - no, no don't do that, we don't want all the hundreds of thousands of "moderate" outraged muslims to stop their condemnation marches, demonstrations and rallys against these "few" "isolated" bombers who have gone against Sharia law and murdered non-combatants.......... yea, I'm still waiting for that too!

My prediction - before the last London victim is buried you will hear the drums beating about "poor misguided lads who did this" "how can we reach them" "our security has failed us" and see photo ops with the "this is not islam crowd", all while their media equates as hard as they can, the word bomber to burglar, thief and other mere criminal types.

War has come, and like it or not your grandkids - grandkids are going to be fighting these people..... if they don't get thier hands on a nuke first. Just my .02.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 21:41   #11
Pandora
Hornet Nest Poker

As a civvie, I am more sobered by the thought that these were suicide bombers than that they were young Brits.

They're mobile.

And you are correct, our kids will be riding, sitting, standing next to those hot-wired back-packs.

When we were kids, they'd have us practice hiding under our desks in case of a nuke during the Cold War. All the speeches now are just about as effective as that placebo protection was.
Old 07-13-2005, 15:30   #12
Martin

My uncle is a doctor of Arabic and Islam. We had an opportunity for a brief discussion this weekend.

What he said was, that this is a religious war. There is no getting around that basic fact. And as it is, one of the parties is Islam.

There has been some talk about reformation of Islam, something my uncle does not have much faith in. Jihad is in the ground layers of the faith, to shake it threatens the entire structure, if it is possible - there is a lot of weight on top.

I asked about variations in hostility between different areas, and he noted that while most have some activity, what it boils down to is ethnic/cultural tendencies. Some are more disposed than others.

He and another fellow, whose name I don't remember, simply concluded that the image of Islam in the west is generally very naiive.

Having visited mosques in the west and Libya (and others?), he said that the preaching he has heard has been extremely virulent.

I trust this man.

As with China, I'm not sure, but I am paranoid.

Last edited by Martin; 11-02-2007 at 07:44.