Old 04-11-2011, 10:34   #1
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Fishing On Bragg

I searched, Haven't found anything on this topic, so here goes:

Anyone here do any fishing inside the fence here at Bragg?
Nothing super serious, we've just been hanging out shore fishing at Macarthur and Kiest Lakes on the weekends, it's a much less self destructive weekend activity than what some of our classmates prefer.

Apparently the Wildlife dept folks manage game fish pretty aggressively here, I'll post some pics in a little bit.

Good times,
Blake
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:18   #2
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Holler. I've got a canoe (free) and a Bass Hunter w/trolling motor (cost you a deep cycle battery) so you can fish the outsides of the lily pads. Get the appropriate liscenses first though.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 21:08   #3
mark46th
Quiet Professional

When I was underwater in Drowning Creek, I didn't see any fish, so don't waste your time there...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16   #4
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Mott Lake is supposed to have some good bass in there...but I'll call you a liar to your face if I see you pull something out of there with my own eyes.

Boundary Line Lake used to be great for catfish. I suppose it still is. It hasn't been asked yet, but do you have a FBNC fishing license? I only ask because some posts don't require them...some do...Ft Bragg requires you to pay for it yearly.

If you're into bassfishing I could recommend some other places to go but there all off post.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 16:43   #5
Habu-MFFI 175
Quiet Professional

I haven't fished the Bragg lakes is quite a few years. Most are kept pretty good still. I use to love to fish Smith Lake. There was a lot of crappie and some big bass in that lake. Mott Lake is also a good lake, you just have to figure out a few things and the fish are there.

Also check out the stocked ponds for catfish.

For offbase check out Waldo's Beach on UpChurch Lake between Hope Mills and Rockfish.

<*)))))>{
Old 04-16-2011, 11:10   #6
Tress
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Orignally posted by Habu-MFFI 175
I haven't fished the Bragg lakes is quite a few years. Most are kept pretty good still. I use to love to fish Smith Lake. There was a lot of crappie and some big bass in that lake.
I remember Smith Lake from the mid 80's and the first thing that comes to mind is the taste of aviation fuel. I was told once by someone that overweight aircraft having to land at Simmons Army Afld would dump their fuel over Smith Lake. I do not know if that was true or not, but it certainly tasted that way back then.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous, mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown author, but borrowed from a friend

"Liberals claim to be open to hearing other peoples' views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
Tress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 13:21   #7
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu-MFFI 175 View Post
For offbase check out Waldo's Beach on UpChurch Lake between Hope Mills and Rockfish.

<*)))))>{
I was just there about two weeks ago. That used to be my favorite lake, matter of fact it produced my wall-hanger 9lb, 4 oz. Two weeks ago was my second attempt at fishing there after the dam burst several years ago. I landed a couple but they were all small. I did manage to pull a 3 lb'er out of there several weeks ago.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote