Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 09-19-2014, 13:45   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

For all the idiot "Vegans" out there.......

I don't have any liberal or vegan friends, both are idiots.

There's a reason we have canine teeth.........

Veganism "Can Cause Serious Harm" Say Swiss Authorities
by Oliver Lane 19 Sep 2014, 3:00 AM PDT

As the popularity of alternative-lifestyle choice ‘veganism’ increases across Europe, officials in Switzerland have expressed concerns about the health implications for children who have the unusual diet forced on them by “idealistic” parents.

In the statement, Swiss officials said: “Vegan food is not recommended for young children. It can cause serious harm”. The lack of vitamin B12, which is seriously deficient in Vegan diets is the main cause of the interjection by federal health officials, who have warned denying children access to animal-derived food at an early age can cause health problems.

Vitamin B12 is essential to a functioning nervous system and brain, as well as a number of other essential body functions including the production of blood. Young children normally receive the B12 they need by breastfeeding, but in the case of Vegan mothers the milk is deficient.

TheLocal.ch reports the number of Vegans has increased fourfold in the last decade to 80,000, which is almost one percent of the Swiss population.

Veganism, an extreme version of vegetarianism forbids not only meat but all animal products, including dairy such as cheese and milk and in some cases food and drink produced using enzymes and bacteria such as beer and wine. It has seen a recent upsurge in popularity in Switzerland, a country traditionally highly regarded for its cheese and meat based dishes.

This is not the first time concerns have been expressed over the impact of Veganism on infants has been raised in Europe. Two French vegan parents faced a murder charge in 2011 after their infant died from a vitamin deficiency caused by the mothers milk. At the time of its death the child, which was 11 months old, barely weighed two thirds that of a healthy baby of that age.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...an-B12-Warning
Old 09-19-2014, 14:00   #2
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I don't have any liberal or vegan friends, both are idiots.

There's a reason we have canine teeth.........

Veganism "Can Cause Serious Harm" Say Swiss Authorities
by Oliver Lane 19 Sep 2014, 3:00 AM PDT

As the popularity of alternative-lifestyle choice ‘veganism’ increases across Europe, officials in Switzerland have expressed concerns about the health implications for children who have the unusual diet forced on them by “idealistic” parents.

In the statement, Swiss officials said: “Vegan food is not recommended for young children. It can cause serious harm”. The lack of vitamin B12, which is seriously deficient in Vegan diets is the main cause of the interjection by federal health officials, who have warned denying children access to animal-derived food at an early age can cause health problems.

Vitamin B12 is essential to a functioning nervous system and brain, as well as a number of other essential body functions including the production of blood. Young children normally receive the B12 they need by breastfeeding, but in the case of Vegan mothers the milk is deficient.

TheLocal.ch reports the number of Vegans has increased fourfold in the last decade to 80,000, which is almost one percent of the Swiss population.

Veganism, an extreme version of vegetarianism forbids not only meat but all animal products, including dairy such as cheese and milk and in some cases food and drink produced using enzymes and bacteria such as beer and wine. It has seen a recent upsurge in popularity in Switzerland, a country traditionally highly regarded for its cheese and meat based dishes.

This is not the first time concerns have been expressed over the impact of Veganism on infants has been raised in Europe. Two French vegan parents faced a murder charge in 2011 after their infant died from a vitamin deficiency caused by the mothers milk. At the time of its death the child, which was 11 months old, barely weighed two thirds that of a healthy baby of that age.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...an-B12-Warning
I pointed out the irony of the situation to a vegan colleague who proudly announced she was raising her infant as a vegan while breastfeeding him. She wasn't too happy when I pointed out that breast milk clearly is animal-derived, and explained it's not the same because it came from a human. She then got flat-out pissed when I asked if other forms of cannibalism were also okay on a vegan diet.

All kidding aside - B12 deficiency is a serious issue, particularly for developing children. Dietary B12 primarily from from animal products and non-animal sources of B12 (including vitamin supplements) appropriate for infants are hard to find.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Last edited by PedOncoDoc; 09-19-2014 at 14:07.
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 15:06   #3
Flagg
Area Commander

I vividly recall the last discussion I had with a "vegan".

A rather heavy and unfit vegan who was eating a bag of potato crisps.

I asked her to have a look at bag of chips and helped her discover the fact that her crisps were made with animal fats.

-----

Having said that, I have to admit on the return home from my first trip to Afghan I stuck with chicken and a bit of venison for a while until I could get the memories of the Afghan butcher shops out of my head.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 19:24   #4
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Isn't one of our former presidents a vegan now?
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 00:19   #5
akv
Area Commander

Lots of Vegans in Cali.

None I've met yet can name a herbivore in nature with incisors, or forward facing eyes...
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:52   #6
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
I doubt the Swiss are against natural selection but not for children who have the potential to be good Swiss. Doubly criminal in that country, Käse , Fondue, Jagger Wurst, Wiener Schnitzel, Tarts, Milch, Sahne , Butter, Frankfurters,Rindfleisch Zungen , Brautwurst, Heißen Chololate, etc...

Definitely a crime against nature and that would be very un Swiss indeed...

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 09-20-2014 at 19:26.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:37   #7
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
Isn't one of our former presidents a vegan now?

Hitler was, IIRC, if I had to make a guess abot a POTUS, it would be the one after Pres. Ford.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:02   #8
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 View Post
Hitler was, IIRC, if I had to make a guess abot a POTUS, it would be the one after Pres. Ford.
I believe hitler was a vegitarian.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:03   #9
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 View Post
I thought it was Slick Willy.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:22   #10
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

This quickly turning into a "Who's on first?" Conversation.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:40   #11
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Naturally

The other day, after our son's coach's pitch game, the other coaches and I were talking about that little comedy sketch. My wife looked lost as hell. Being a 1LT, that's not atypical, but still, this wasn't a Land Nav course, it was a baseball field. So then I asked her if she had ever heard it and she said no. I sent her straight to the truck and told her to await further orders. At least, in my mind, that's how it transpired. It was more of a, "Really? You've never heard of Abbott and Costello??? I'll have to introduce you to them when we get home." In her defense, she's about a decade younger than I. Needless to say, she laughed her ass off. One of the best sketches ever - for all you grasshoppers on this site.

Back to the thread, it was Slick Willy. I don't like searching for anything related to that man, but curiosity got the best of me.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 13:18   #12
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Yep, he is ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hus-on-first.jpg (32.8 KB, 18 views)
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote