Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-10-2004, 20:21   #16
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Cope monkey on your back again, NDD?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 20:27   #17
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Roger sir. Like Doc T says - my lack of will power is exceeded only by my capability to rationalize (or something like that).

She uses lots of big words.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 20:36   #18
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

If we ever have anything to send your way, I see part of your change coming in fresh logs of snuff.

Which Otis kit do you have? Got a couple of different ones and I love mine. Good company to deal with as well. Met them at the SHOT.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 05-10-2004, 20:42   #19
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Two - the one for the Glock 19 and another that's a combo 9MM/M4. Gotta go, somebody's screaming. LOL. I do love being a medic.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 21:07   #20
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Cell phone (has wireless internet and digital photo capability)
Blackberry (wireless email, plus assorted other functions)
Keys
Watch
Wedding ring

Wallet contains:
Cash
Credit cards issued by multiple clients (never know who you'll have to buy dinner for -- they want their card used!)
Driver's license
Business cards (never know when there will be an accident!)
Photos of kids
Frequent flyer and other travel cards
CA DOJ Handgun Safety Certificate
Health Insurance Card
NY Car Service Card
AAA Card
Grocery and Costco cards
PADI Certification Card
Office magnetic access card
Proof of insurance
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 21:23   #21
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Counsellor, you need a gentleman's knife, if not a big one.

And a multi-tool for the briefcase.

And maybe a firearm or two.

We have people who know about these things.

Trust me, as your Samoan attorney, I am advising you to arm yourself.

TR

Old 05-10-2004, 21:25   #22
DanUCSB
Guerrilla

Pocket stuff:

Cold Steel Voyager (tanto) folder
Pens, black and blue, one per
Wallet / Keys

I know, I know. My idyllic Santa Barbara university existence is making me soft.

Edited to add: And if I didn't live in the Democratic People's Republic of Ass-Cl.. er, California, then I'd be packing something a bit more potent than the Voyager.

Last edited by DanUCSB; 05-10-2004 at 21:38.
DanUCSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:53   #23
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Gotta love the fact that everyone lists Knives/guns first
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:12   #24
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by Air.177
Gotta love the fact that everyone lists Knives/guns first
Except me -- the radio is my weapon. LOL
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:15   #25
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Wallet

Pager so work can get me 24/7

Cell phone so I can call work back, or in case the help desk decides not to page me but give out my contact information to whomever needs my help

ID badge so I can get into the building and various server rooms

I'm lucky enough to be able to walk to work so in my daypack is the following -

CD player
CD's
Book for lunch time reading
Lunch
Palm pilot
ball cap
umbrella
gym clothes - the gym is on the walk home

As for knives or guns - this is Massachusetts........I don't care even carry a toothpick
Old 05-12-2004, 08:54   #26
Razor
Quiet Professional

TR or anyone else in the know, what caliber brushes come in the Otis Tactical Kit? Ideally, I'd like a kit that can clean 9mm, .40, .45, .223 and .308.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14   #27
shadowflyer
Guerrilla

Razor,

I have an OTIS at home but will have to wait until later on tonight before I can check it to see exactly what calibers it cleans.

Maybe someone will have one handy to get you an answer quicker.
Old 05-12-2004, 16:11   #28
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Razor,

I just googled it and came up with this.

http://www.sportchalet.com/family/in...2337&cp=876052

It looks like they have several different ones.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 16:21   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Razor
TR or anyone else in the know, what caliber brushes come in the Otis Tactical Kit? Ideally, I'd like a kit that can clean 9mm, .40, .45, .223 and .308.

Razor:

I have a couple of the older #224-2 M-16 Butt Stock Systems that will work for your calibers given the addition of the different bore brushes.

I also have the latest #750 Tactical Cleaning System which states that it is good for .177 to 10 gauge. It is a bit larger, about 4" in diameter and about 2" thick.

HTH.

TR

Edited to add, I think this one would work as well.

Deluxe Law Enforcement Cleaning System

Designed to clean law enforcement pistols and sub guns 9mm thru 45 calibers. Cleans 5.56 & 7.62 Caliber rifles and 12 Gauge Shotguns. Solid brass components, two 8ā€¯ and a 30ā€¯ cleaning rod clean any barrel length. Now automatics can be cleaned correctly from breech to muzzle without disassembly. All-caliber patches and heavy-duty bore brushes easily strip the copper from bores. Special handle with scraper, pick, and brushes clean the receiver, trigger group, and bolt. Everything is neatly packed in an 8 oz., pocket size soft-pack case.

85211 Deluxe Law Enforcement System $42.95

Last edited by The Reaper; 05-12-2004 at 16:32.
Old 05-12-2004, 16:22   #30
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

What I carry
  • Cold Steel Recon 1 with about a 4.5 inch blade
    Springfield Champion with Winchester SXT's or a Glock 26 (weather dependent) in a kydex holster
    1 extra Mag in kydex holster w/ 6Z surefire
    Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt
    Car key
    House key
    Extra Cuff Key w/ LED light
    Dog Tags on Keys
    Eye Drops (for contacts)
    Sunglasses with ekc cord attached
    Cell phone
    DL
    CCW card
    Police ID