Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-23-2007, 21:12   #16
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Alright let's hear/see the new "I can't live with out it" gear.
Nice attitude. I'm sure you can live without it, and I can fix this thread so you won't be bothered by it.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 21:20   #17
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Nice attitude. I'm sure you can live without it, and I can fix this thread so you won't be bothered by it.

See....see.....see.....Everyone.....NDD IS the NICE one.

He's offered to fix this thread. What a guy.....
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 22:23   #18
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc

No, no, no. Please, don't take my comment the wrong way. Every time you get some cool guy, go faster gear I usually "can't live without it" (maybe my use of the quotes was wrong???) My attitude is of envy, not disrespect.

Oh man I hope I didn't make NDD's sh*t list
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"

Last edited by Smokin Joe; 05-23-2007 at 22:36.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:03   #19
stanley_white
Auxiliary

I ran the HSGI suspenders in Iraq. They worked well but I disliked the shock corded attachment system as it always seemed to untie itself.

When I got back I switched to the ones by DBT and I like them much better.

I am however interested to see this new thingy NDD is speaking of.
Old 05-25-2007, 15:28   #20
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

Belt and Suspenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master
Won't work!!! Tr's favorite is two is one and one is none!!! He's a BELT and Suspender type!!!
That's what I call a pessimist.
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 15:31   #21
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

The suspense is killing me.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 20:43   #22
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Have to wait 'til Monday now. Joe's post distracted me and I forgot to take the pictures....
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-26-2007, 02:25   #23
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

My bad.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:17   #24
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Ok, the group has been punished long enough for Joe's transgression.

In the pics, the model is wearing the latest HN Jarhead uniform. The belt is a TAG rigger belt, there is an EMDOM 3o2 MC mag pouch attached. The holster is of unknown origins, but a good one of kydex.

This is a very simple set up for Instructors on a range, etc. Very light and will be hardly noticeable even after a full day of training. I'm going to have to add hook and loop to the inside of the holster to keep it from moving around so much.

The suspenders are great. Very well thought out design, light yet made with EMDOM's usual attention to detail and outstanding workmanship. The chest strap was a great addition. The suspenders are elegant in their simplicity. Ken and MM did a great job.

There are more new EMDOM products in the works. They are making great kit IMO and the customer service is simply outstanding. And their product line is different from other makers.

Go take a look. You will be pleased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Suspenders001.JPG (68.1 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg Suspenders002.JPG (66.8 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg Suspenders003.JPG (70.5 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Suspenders004.JPG (67.8 KB, 156 views)
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:19   #25
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

From contact range
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0307.JPG (124.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0308.JPG (134.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0309.JPG (136.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0310.JPG (114.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0311.JPG (130.5 KB, 91 views)
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:21   #26
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

One more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.JPG (134.1 KB, 65 views)
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:40   #27
vsvo
Area Commander

Nice! Great review and pics, worth waiting for. Thanks, NDD. Is that your PS.com Leatherman in one of the pouches?

The strap tiedown in Pic 3 of the contact range pics, is that elastic or hook and loop?

Great job again, EMDOM and MM!
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 13:55   #28
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsvo
Nice! Great review and pics, worth waiting for. Thanks, NDD. Is that your PS.com Leatherman in one of the pouches?

The strap tiedown in Pic 3 of the contact range pics, is that elastic or hook and loop?

Great job again, EMDOM and MM!
Neither, it simply loops around the belt then through the buckles. There is a small piece of hook and loop that can be added or left off as you wish. I did use them on the straps that hit the belt where the belt has H&L for it. That is one of the beauties of these, very simple. No elastic, nothing to hang up on.

No, that's my old Leatherman. I carry my PS.com one on another set up.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-14-2007, 14:08   #29
Kyobanim

Umm, should we be calling you Armada now?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 14:26   #30
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyobanim
Umm, should we be calling you Armada now?
I think you are making assumptions.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote