Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 09-01-2015, 10:53   #31
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
Entire Post
You are absolutely correct Sir and very well argued indeed.

I for one am still naive enough and determined enough to not give in or give up and I will fight whenever, wherever, and however I can until I can no longer draw a breath!

Yes, the revolution has been occurring for nearly 85 years and they, the progressive liberals, can see victory on the horizon. So, the real question is one of counter-revolution and the means for conducting the same?

Note: Billy, it has been longer than since the '60s. I have posted elsewhere the writings of Archibald McLeash from the 30s and 40s that warned of exactly this. I think this era was the genesis of the progressive liberal onslaught and the demise of the U.S.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:28   #32
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
You are absolutely correct Sir and very well argued indeed.

I for one am still naive enough and determined enough to not give in or give up and I will fight whenever, wherever, and however I can until I can no longer draw a breath!

Yes, the revolution has been occurring for nearly 85 years and they, the progressive liberals, can see victory on the horizon. So, the real question is one of counter-revolution and the means for conducting the same?

Note: Billy, it has been longer than since the '60s. I have posted elsewhere the writings of Archibald McLeash from the 30s and 40s that warned of exactly this. I think this era was the genesis of the progressive liberal onslaught and the demise of the U.S.

The 2nd Amendment and 270 million firearms is all that's stopping them.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:24   #33
Go Devil
Guerrilla Chief

As long as there is bread and circuses, there will be no windswept fire in the cane field.

If (and it's a very goddamn big if) a very organized and readied group implemented a coup (that's really what it would be) there wouldn't be enough soil to soak up the blood.
Every tattered thread holding this brain washed Union together would unwind leaving our town centers and neighborhoods looking more like Bosnia in the 90's than a masturbatory unrealistic view of colonial America.
There would be no ROE, no flags, and no common cause.

A rigorous amount of "Backwards Planning" needs to take place. Somewhere in the middle of the third page of the Operation Order would be "develop rapport with leaders in neighborhood." ....how many of us are currently doing this simple step?
Above the Operation Order would need to be a level of planning akin to Operation Overlord.

Maybe instead of asking about a revolution, maybe we should be asking about stacking the local school board or PTA?

I will say this, if you want to see what you've got to work with, take out the cable TV and internet sub-stations on the eve of the Super Bowl And see how much talent rises to the surface.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:26   #34
CryptKeeper
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigepo View Post

When you start doing the math, if you add our criminal element, our government dependents, the effete America haters, and those who just don't give a damn, today's US revolution could well end up looking more like something Lenin or Castro would plan.
I think that this point is somewhat contentious; the support, or lack thereof, for a political ideology amongst the majority populace is conditional, and is subject to what are so often fickle political conditions, thus the cause of personal liberty and limited government may yet become widespread in the instance of a revolution. This is, of course, dependent on the circumstances of the conflict, and the willingness of those individuals to cling to their ideology in spite of the conflict ie. the relative strength of the ideology itself.

Galula’s Second and Third Laws seem to concur (Counterinsurgency Warfare Theory and Practice: Counterinsurgency in the Hot Revolutionary War Ch.5, p. 52-55):

Quote:
Galula’s Second Law: Support is gained through an Active Minority:

It can no longer be ignored or applied unconsciously in a country beset by a revolutionary war, when what is at stake is precisely the counterinsurgent’s power directly challenged by an active minority through the use of subversion and force. The counterinsurgent, who refuses to use this law for his own purposes, who is bound by its peacetime limitations, tends to drag the war out without getting closer to victory.
Quote:
Galula’s Third Law: Support from the Population is Conditional

The minority hostile to the insurgent will not and cannot emerge as long as the threat has not been lifted to a reasonable extent. Furthermore, even after the threat has been lifted, the emerging counterinsurgent supporters will not be able to rally the bulk of the population so long as the population is not convinced that the counterinsurgent has the will, the means, and the ability to win.

However, based on political trends of the past 8 years, this argument presupposes that the counterinsurgent would consist of the left-leaning progressive elements in gov’t and in the general populace. In addition, it presupposes the most likely outcome, which is that such a conflict would be decentralized and unconventional in nature, as opposed to a conventional Civil War with territory being carved up by the opposing parties.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:44   #35
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
The 2nd Amendment and 270 million firearms is all that's stopping them.
You are absolutely correct, I just hope it doesn't have to come to that! But if it does, I'm making a trip to WV to hunt up some kin-folk.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:51   #36
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

CryptKeeper - Nice academic argument. If this were a poli-sci class you'd get at least a B+.

Problem is that you forgot the emotional component - most important element when dealing in the human domain in real time and space. The emotional element is what will drive things one way or the other!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:51   #37
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

If hunting and ranges are continually restricted and eliminated, ammunition gets more expensive and difficult to find, society is indoctrinated further by the leftist media that all civilian uses of guns are bad, and that firearms themselves are inherently evil, there may be limits on what guns and remaining patriots will be able to accomplish.

At least, that is what seems to me to be occurring.

Death by a thousand cuts.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 14:18   #38
tonyz
Area Commander

I agree with many previous comments made in this thread. I may also have alluded to this in other posts years ago - IMO the nation is suffering from a protracted, hybrid-liberal progressive insurgency.

Hybrid, because armed conflict is not yet a critical component of the current longstanding insurgency. However, it is clearly an organized movement using subversion aimed at undermining most any form of limited government or notion of American exceptionalism.

This insurgency feeds on divisive politics and grows as a uniquely American culture or any notion of American exceptionalism is stamped out. Government itself is most often elevated as savior of the masses. The mainstream press have been complicit in this insurgency. The mobilization of and projection of message has been enhanced by the power of the press.

Moreover, I have little doubt that outside actors are participating in this insurgency (as but one small example why else contribute to the Clinton Crime family foundation and not directly?).

So long as we have stability - the ballot box and the soapbox should prevail.

However, introduce extreme economic, social, political, or cultural instability - "top down, bottom up, inside out" and all bets are off.

As most here know all too well - the good ole USA is not magically immune from takeover - be it from within or without.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 18:48   #39
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Understand this now. As Jim Quinn explains, YOU are the enemy of the state. They don’t give a shit about you. They treat you as sheep and cows to be sheared and milked. If you start questioning them, they will slaughter you. They have militarized the police forces and put you under 24 hour surveillance because they fear an uprising. There only a few hundred thousand of them and there are millions of us. A conflict is looming.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...estic-citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigepo View Post
I wonder if we are all making a fallacious assumption here. We assume that a revolution would be toward a goal of restoring American freedoms, liberty, Constitutional law etc. Historically, revolutions often go the other way. Moreover, there is a large percentage of the country that doesn't give a damn about the nation, it's Constitution, perpetuation of our freedoms, or even basic decency for that matter. To wit:

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/us/murder-rates-rising-sharply-in-many-us-cities.html?emc=edit_th_20150901&nl=todaysheadline s&nlid=36208421&_r=0[/url

For those that can't get to the attached New York Times article, the author notes a large increase in murders this year in US cities. Many are calling this "the Ferguson effect", caused by a lack of law enforcement which emboldens the criminal element.

When you start doing the math, if you add our criminal element, our government dependents, the effete America haters, and those who just don't give a damn, today's US revolution could well end up looking more like something Lenin or Castro would plan.
Recent events with the BLM crowd echo those sentiment and many in that crowd are trying to create the catalyst for revolution......and the CoC and his Administration have fueled that fire since Day 1.
Old 09-02-2015, 22:41   #40
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Last figure I read was 310 million firearms in private hands.
That was in 2009.

The people will never be directly disarmed.
Control of the food supply would be more effective.

Feed collaborators, starve resistors.
So, what percentage of the population receive direct government financial assistance, food stamps or otherwise?

The government has imposed rationing in the past.
What would be the limit of the people's tolerance?
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:38   #41
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

I wonder if a Federal judge would have ordered the arrest of the clerk if she had been any one of the victim groups du jour, and not a Christian.

Quote:
Ky. clerk jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses

A Kentucky county clerk was found in contempt of court Thursday for her refusal to issue marriage licenses in wake of the Supreme Court decision to allow gays to wed.

U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning placed Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis in the custody of U.S. marshals until she complies.

Link

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 15:22   #42
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
I wonder if a Federal judge would have ordered the arrest of the clerk if she had been any one of the victim groups du jour, and not a Christian.

Considering that many of the victims groups are on record calling for the killing of Cops, Whites and Crackers I seriously doubt it.
Old 09-03-2015, 15:39   #43
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Considering that many of the victims groups are on record calling for the killing of Cops, Whites and Crackers I seriously doubt it.
Do you see a lot of Muslims being prosecuted for not selling pork, alcohol, or picking up drunk passengers?

Do you think they are refusing to make cakes for gay couples?

Some animals are more equal than others.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 15:49   #44
bandycpa
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
As an aside, whichever side you fall on concerning the Kentucky Clerk issue, the "victims" come out looking more like pompous, name-calling, stereotyping jerks. I don't think you're going to win many arguments or get many people to help you by using the "I PAY YOUR SALARY!" line.

Rational thought and argument? Using the process to do what it's supposed to do? Why, goodness no! That wouldn't be the entitled, victim way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xg1Dh2xhXg
Old 09-03-2015, 16:13   #45
PSM
Area Commander

She just set up a sanctuary city for those who still believe in morality. What's the problem?

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote