Old 02-11-2012, 11:03   #76
Doc_Shane
Asset

I live in area that is prone to hurricanes and wildfires so I keep a kit handy for getting out or getting through those situations.

My bag is built around my large Alice pack and has fire starting, cooking gear, food, water collection/purification, shelter, etc. in it as well as maintaining my medical gear.

The possibility of getting stuck where I live is high in the cases of wildfires, it is several miles to pavement from my house through the national forest.
Doc_Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 00:28   #77
h0m3b0dy
Asset

This thread have proven very valuable for m in re evaluating my previous BOB configurations (the old devil dog dad got me started years ago) but as my living situation has changed I have a question that I don't believe is covered. i questioned if this is a seperate thread and will take the sure to come lashings if that is the case along with a swift kick in the right direction; what are some basic strategem and supplies if I need to "bug-in"? I have a toddler and her mother to care for and we live a questionable neighborhood, and e and e would be my plan a but if it came down to plan b i would be at a sore disadvantage from lack of experience in that regard.
h0m3b0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 00:52   #78
h0m3b0dy
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Books View Post
One thing for all to consider for E and E is that one's bicycle can be used to transport large amounts of gear, etc over long distances. Throw your ruck over the cross bar and walk along side it. Worked for Ho Chi Minh; will work for you.
Also QP Books very good suggestion and something that I have told friends and fam. There are also 66cc/80cc conversion engines that mount to most standard frame mountain bikes very easily. Bike maintains its human powered mobility with the added benefits of 100 mpg and up to 40 mph depending on load.
h0m3b0dy is offline   Reply With Quote