Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 03-08-2005, 08:08   #46
Martin

Understood, though let me clarify that I only meant a very light level of protection, and not for easing the pain - but to avoid osteitis. I'm no wuss!!!

It's what I've been told makes a big difference, but perhaps that injury is more related to some other factor. Thanks anyhow.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:50   #47
Kyobanim

I googled osteitis and don't see the connection, maybe I'm missing something. Got a layman definition for that? I don't see how hitting my shins could effect my pelvic area outside of making the boys tingle a little bit.

Ok, received definition in PM. Inflamation of any bone. That being the case. . .

I've read that hard exercise, impacts and stuff like that creates small fractures of the cells in the bones and when they heal they are stronger due to increased mass or something like that. (please correct me if I'm wrong). That being the case, conditioning should be making the bones stronger, if done properly and giving the body proper time to heal.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime

Last edited by Kyobanim; 03-08-2005 at 09:01.
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:52   #48
alphamale

Since the first of the year I've been seeing a strength trainer so I can bench press more, etc.

He just suggested anabolic steroids and talked about injections vs pills.

Kinda surprised me because he didn't seem to be that hard core.

FrontSight
Old 03-17-2005, 05:51   #49
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontSight
Since the first of the year I've been seeing a strength trainer so I can bench press more, etc.

He just suggested anabolic steroids and talked about injections vs pills.

Kinda surprised me because he didn't seem to be that hard core.

FrontSight
That's not a trainer that's a drug pusher. You need to dump that idiot now!!!

Jack Moroney
Old 03-17-2005, 07:57   #50
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

concur... what an ass! Dump the druggie and find a new training partner. There is absolutely no reason for you to be taking steroids.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:03   #51
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Anybody in her AO who can assist this man to the door?

Seriously FS create fast distance and time from this piece of shit.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:10   #52
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Moroney
That's not a trainer that's a drug pusher. You need to dump that idiot now!!!

Jack Moroney
I concur.

Muscles can be built with combination of correct diet timed with your workouts.
If your trainer isn't on top of this, that's a second reason to dump his ass.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:22   #53
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamuelas
concur... what an ass! Dump the druggie and find a new training partner. There is absolutely no reason for you to be taking steroids.
Agreed, but I hope this doesn't mean you're going to forego the opportunity to photoshop us some pix of FS raging on steroids.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:35   #54
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

http://www.mikemahler.com/index.html

FS, not only does this guy not do steriods, He's a vegan!

Like they said, anybody that would talk about steriods is an idiot. Get away from him.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:50   #55
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Concur.

Except at the very highest performance levels, steroids are a poor substitute for good workout techniques. They are especially stupid for females.

This guy was obviously incompetent in his strength conditioning skills, and wanted you to be impressed by quick results using his method, or he just wanted to be your dealer.

Shun him.

Or maybe he realized that you really wanted to be an XY, and was going to start you on your way by passing you the XY hormones.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:50   #56
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
http://www.mikemahler.com/index.html

FS, not only does this guy not do steriods, He's a vegan!
holy crap!
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:37   #57
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

This guy is a schmuck. You know one of the major reasons that women end up taking roids FS? Besides pro/olympic athletes, Drug dealers try to take advantage of women who experienced severe mental trauma. From an article I just read on female steroid uses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by article from Vanderbilt University
Why do women take them?
... A more serious issue is those women who are using because they feel like they need to protect themselves. Usually these women have experienced physical or sexual abuse whether in their childhood or in a recent relationship. Twice as many women do it because they have been raped and believe "that being bigger and stronger would discourage further attacks because men would find them either intimidating or unattractive http://www.nida.nih.gov ."
....Women using anabolic steroids justify the use by believing these drugs are necessary to win, the side effects, though sometimes undesirable, are acceptable to them and their friends, and a woman has every right to use them if she so pleases (Strauss et al.; 1985 ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article from Vanderbilt University
When you look at a female user, the natural curves have become very straight, her physique is very defined, and her breasts have atrophied, meaning they have decreased in size and have degenerated. Virilization is occurring, or she is developing male character traits. Her body is now retaining much more sodium, so her face and eyes can appear puffy. Over time, a woman will develop a male body type and experience male aging characteristics. A woman's voice deepens and can permanently become hoarse. She will develop excessive hair growth on her face, chest, back, and upper pubic area, but she also can experience male pattern baldness and have a receding hairline. A woman's skin becomes very coarse and acne appears. Hypertrophy, or enlargement, of her clitoris occurs as well. Most of these physical side effects are irreversible. You can't wake up one day and realize you want your old self back. Physically, anabolic steroids take captive almost everything that makes you a woman.
Nothing like having a hairy chested, deep voiced, acne riddled, balding female with male facial and body symmetry characteristics. But hey, after taking the juice... you might be as strong as a below average/nonathletic male. Yep, its worth the risks and side effects.
Spend the money on lessons with the Team Sergeant instead of the drugs.

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 03-17-2005 at 09:57.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:48   #58
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey
holy crap!
Yeah, he's an animal from everything I've heard. Very impressive.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:52   #59
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Or maybe he realized that you really wanted to be an XY, and was going to start you on your way by passing you the XY hormones.
Looks like your secret is out, FS.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:10   #60
alphamale

While I rarely immediately reject anything out-of-hand (I did surf a website he suggested for 30 min.), odds are slim-to-none that I would decide to take something like that. I tried a cigarette at age 11 and decided that adults were dumb.

However, Mr. Harsey suggested that my proclivity for using multisyllabic words in my posts would morph to just grunting every now and then. Some might appreciate that .

Smokin Joe, changing locations will make it less likely I'll be able to continue using this trainer anyway. (but separately from that I got the message.)

Sacamuelas... OK.

TR, I actually prefer being a femme type. We get to adorn ourselves with jewelry, makeup and clothes, change our hair style and color at whim, be more emotional and have more fun. You men are just supposed to stand there and look tough.

The only unfair thing is that XYs are stronger. You are more free because of that.

FrontSight