Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-25-2020, 04:27   #61
Flagg
Area Commander

I’ve read plenty of posts here and elsewhere about gleefully observing the Left and ridiculing it for consuming itself when anyone goes slightly off message.

And it would appear to be the same ridiculous thing happening here.

“You’re either with us or against us” is both dangerous and dumb in my opinion.

From my perspective, BRCC, Evan, and the team have consistently displayed a pro-2A, pro-Freedom message.

In aggregate, and pound for pound, they have supported 2A, Freedom, and Veterans better than any other org I can think of.

And their growth trajectory means that continued support will likely scale up at the same rate.

Out of all my time as an appreciative guest here, this is the thread that I most disagree with(in cancelling BRCC/Evan).

With an aggregate 5 million plus engaged users and over a third of a billion recent video views, they are one of the biggest and most credible platforms for positive influence for Freedom and 2A in the US.

And their growth rate(and reach/engagement) is enormous.

If a single A10 had a single gun run landing wide, would you want to cancel thr Air Force?

I once went thru an interactive activity on crisis communications.

It was like the Star Trek Kobiyashi Maru “no win” scenario.

This reminds me of that.

In closing, knowingly kneecapping your own side’s best(me fastest growing) platform for influence is dumb.

Just my 0.02c
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:41   #62
JimP
Quiet Professional

JC, no where has he called him a "punk ass." Please go back and look at the tweets, it was someone else who called him that. Check the string again....

Also - the first statement that they do NOT support Kyle is from the PAO who screwed up. Again, read this stuff critically. The press is trying to kill off BRCC due to their image/marketing/conservative values. Don't fall for it.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:31   #63
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
While I’ve seen a couple of interviews with Evan and have enjoyed some of their coffee via a Team Guy that I have collaborated with I don’t really track him or the company. I understand they had supported that particular team with a generous contribution in the form of coffee, as it should be but I digress.

My issue with BRC has more to do the growth Flagg mentioned. I had reached out to connect with one of their employees, by his description on a business platform he was their marketing / business director or one of them. In fairness this may have been just a coincidence but shortly afterwards they added Woobies to their products. These look to be standard issue liners with their logo printed on them and certainly not competition to our liners however I couldn’t avoid thinking sheesh “ If you could only have an original idea”... Simple fix for me, that individual is no longer a connection.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/col...ts/brcc-woobie

As for my brand of coffee it has been Peet’s for many years now. I enjoy the flavor of their single origin coffee and many of their blends. Unfortunately their best coffee Moca Java has changed, while they still offer it it is no longer sourced out of Yemen...damn that was great coffee!
Peet’s as I understand was actually aligned with Star..... but split based on different priorities, make great coffee vs dominate the market. I have no problems with folks making better product but marketing is not how you drive better product.

https://www.peets.com/learn/alfred-peet

Edit: I find Peet’s in most of the grocery stores I shop at at far less than the prices I see on there site. I do look at the roasting date. When you order, they roast it and send it out promptly but the lower price pleases me ...

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 11-25-2020 at 14:00.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:03   #64
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I haven't had anything to say about this because I don't buy and drink over priced coffee and don't go out of my way to buy someones brand simply because they "did something, somewhere." It's actually quite the opposite, I have been known with few exceptions to avoid giving my money to someone or a brand because they have chosen poorly on an issue important me.

I don't shop at Dick's anymore, I don't drink Starbucks coffee unless it free, and there are better or equal coolers on the market than buying over priced stuff from YETI even though they are a Texas, USA product...they pissed me off over the NRA just that one time. There are a number of others companies that have lost my business for less...

JCG2 is absolutely 100% right about Kyle Rittenhouse, he is a young man that stood up against thugs and vandals and apparently criminals that would have done exactly what to Kyle had he not fired in self-defense. While the media and the radical left hold him in the McCloskey's in distain and ridicule, these people have exercised their Second Amendments rights as the constitution and BOR intended. The Constitution does not have an age limit for protecting property or ones life and the laws of Wisconsin should not overrule the God given right to self-defense by any means necessary. (ETA: Doesn't mean he will not serve time for something less than murder and he was stupid to put himself in such a position to begin with but he is alive and he will survive whatever comes of it.)

BRCC/Hafer - chose incorrectly. They could have just said, we didn't send him the shirt, or ask him to wear it, our merchandise is available for everyone and we support everyone who buys our stuff and drinks our coffee. We're not going to suggest or support what Kyle Rittenhouse did or didn't do was right or wrong that's for the courts to decide - That's it!

They and Hafer didn't need to add kerosene to the fire by choosing a side but they obviously did and now they can lie in the bed they created. If it has fleas so be it. If you open the box and look inside only to see that the outside wrapping was one thing (pro 2A, and support for Freedom, Duty, Honor and Sacrifice from our military) but the inside shows that they donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to your political rival that stands against everything you wrapped the outside of the box in "Patriotism" (also called a Trojan Horse) than it's what's on the inside that counts - dishonor.

JMHO

I will not be buying BRCC coffee and if they went the way of the DoDo bird I hope it's because they got fleas. ETA: It's just coffee folks!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 11-25-2020 at 10:24.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:07   #65
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
IMO Rittenhouse is the perfect wedge issue for 2020 America. You either support him or you don't, and your choice makes it clear where you stand on the divide in this country that looks less and less repairable every day. ------
The unwillingness of our community to go all in on advocacy for this kid, meaning that anyone who doesn't get fully onboard gets ridiculed into oblivion, even if it's one of our own, just baffles me.
I agree that he is a wedge issue. I disagree that standing/not standing with a 17yr old who made some stupid decissions makes anything clear on where anyone stands without having a discussion about said issues. It will include active listening and being open to seeing things from a different perspective, and possibly getting out of ones comfort zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post

I couldn't agree more. "US vs THEM" dynamics are exactly what is killing this country. People are going to have differing opinions, you go far enough down a rabbit hole and people will follow different forks. More to the point any of us is an "US until you are a THEM"....the level of discourse in this country is getting up to untenable levels, not to mention that the election has highlighted that we are very close to a 50%-50% split. Who is US and who is THEM? What are We the People going to do about "THEM"?

We the People, is all of Us.........

Being able to discuss our opinions and agree to disagree is one of the greatest things about being an American and living in the United States of America. YMMV.....

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:12   #66
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post
...We the People, is all of Us.........

Being able to discuss our opinions and agree to disagree is one of the greatest things about being an American and living in the United States of America. YMMV.....
People have grown to be too selfish and egotistical over the last decade or so. I am only 53 years old, but I have seen a huge change in people's *selfishness* over the last decade or so. We - as a nation - have allowed any one group to become special because of how they feel. That has simply caused a divide to simply become larger and thus growing larger by the day. We - as usual - are our worst enemy. The government as a whole works daily on its ability to split this nation whether it's intentional or not is for the individual to decide. Personally, I believe it's intentional, but that's just my opinion.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:47   #67
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post

I couldn't agree more. "US vs THEM" dynamics are exactly what is killing this country. People are going to have differing opinions, you go far getting up to untenable levels, not to mention that the election has highlighted that we are very close to a 50%-50% split. Who is US and who is THEM? What are We the People going to do about "THEM"?

We the People, is all of Us.........

I agree 100%, we used to be like that in the day and now it's so paralyzing. We used to agree to disagree with dignity. What happened to us? Every ounce of common civility and decency has been thrown out the window. It's so disheartening and makes me sad to see what we've become. One thing that helps me stay positive, eases my sanity and keeps me strong in this messed up World is my friends from all over this Country. They continue to stand by me and I know that they will always be there for me and will never leave my side if I ever needed help in anyway. That is true friendship and I love those guys.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:33   #68
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I haven't had anything to say about this because I don't buy and drink over priced coffee and don't go out of my way to buy someones brand simply because they "did something, somewhere." It's actually quite the opposite, I have been known with few exceptions to avoid giving my money to someone or a brand because they have chosen poorly on an issue important me.

I don't shop at Dick's anymore, I don't drink Starbucks coffee unless it free, and there are better or equal coolers on the market than buying over priced stuff from YETI even though they are a Texas, USA product...they pissed me off over the NRA just that one time. There are a number of others companies that have lost my business for less...

JCG2 is absolutely 100% right about Kyle Rittenhouse, he is a young man that stood up against thugs and vandals and apparently criminals that would have done exactly what to Kyle had he not fired in self-defense. While the media and the radical left hold him in the McCloskey's in distain and ridicule, these people have exercised their Second Amendments rights as the constitution and BOR intended. The Constitution does not have an age limit for protecting property or ones life and the laws of Wisconsin should not overrule the God given right to self-defense by any means necessary. (ETA: Doesn't mean he will not serve time for something less than murder and he was stupid to put himself in such a position to begin with but he is alive and he will survive whatever comes of it.)

BRCC/Hafer - chose incorrectly. They could have just said, we didn't send him the shirt, or ask him to wear it, our merchandise is available for everyone and we support everyone who buys our stuff and drinks our coffee. We're not going to suggest or support what Kyle Rittenhouse did or didn't do was right or wrong that's for the courts to decide - That's it!

They and Hafer didn't need to add kerosene to the fire by choosing a side but they obviously did and now they can lie in the bed they created. If it has fleas so be it. If you open the box and look inside only to see that the outside wrapping was one thing (pro 2A, and support for Freedom, Duty, Honor and Sacrifice from our military) but the inside shows that they donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to your political rival that stands against everything you wrapped the outside of the box in "Patriotism" (also called a Trojan Horse) than it's what's on the inside that counts - dishonor.

JMHO

I will not be buying BRCC coffee and if they went the way of the DoDo bird I hope it's because they got fleas. ETA: It's just coffee folks!
Agree....well said. Companies that straddle the freedom/tyranny fence should end up with barb-wired balls.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:21   #69
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Agree....well said. Companies that straddle the freedom/tyranny fence should end up with barb-wired balls.
I like that. Straddling a barb-wire or electric fence should provide the same level of acumen.

If what Rita asked, I think it began with “what is the definition of “is” is, the country pretty much split right down ideological lines ever since. Obama just expanded the division 1000%.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:27   #70
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

"COFFEE" !

I Agree, it's just coffee... Like the elitist who drink very expensive wine for the aroma, taste, or some other fantasy...
Old 11-25-2020, 13:00   #71
Box
Quiet Professional

My "outrage-o-meter" doesn't move a bit when a company sells overpriced coffee under the banner of it being "patriotic coffee"

My "outrage-o-meter" moves when you use the profits made from my purchase to lobby against my individual liberties.
...like Dicks

It would be very unfortunate to find that there is truth beyond what bounces around social media that proves their business has decided to financially promote democratic social and economic policy efforts by donating to causes like ActBlue, Tulsi Gabbard, and 0bama. Do what you want with your coffee profits - just don't be Dicks.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 14:13   #72
Mycroft
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
My "outrage-o-meter" doesn't move a bit when a company sells overpriced coffee under the banner of it being "patriotic coffee"

My "outrage-o-meter" moves when you use the profits made from my purchase to lobby against my individual liberties.
...like Dicks

It would be very unfortunate to find that there is truth beyond what bounces around social media that proves their business has decided to financially promote democratic social and economic policy efforts by donating to causes like ActBlue, Tulsi Gabbard, and 0bama. Do what you want with your coffee profits - just don't be Dicks.
https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/in...k+rifle+coffee
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 14:21   #73
Mycroft
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I’ve read plenty of posts here and elsewhere about gleefully observing the Left and ridiculing it for consuming itself when anyone goes slightly off message.

From my perspective, BRCC, Evan, and the team have consistently displayed a pro-2A, pro-Freedom message.

In aggregate, and pound for pound, they have supported 2A, Freedom, and Veterans better than any other org I can think of.

And their growth trajectory means that continued support will likely scale up at the same rate.

Out of all my time as an appreciative guest here, this is the thread that I most disagree with(in cancelling BRCC/Evan).

With an aggregate 5 million plus engaged users and over a third of a billion recent video views, they are one of the biggest and most credible platforms for positive influence for Freedom and 2A in the US.

And their growth rate(and reach/engagement) is enormous.

If a single A10 had a single gun run landing wide, would you want to cancel thr Air Force?

I once went thru an interactive activity on crisis communications.

This reminds me of that.

In closing, knowingly kneecapping your own side’s best(me fastest growing) platform for influence is dumb.

Just my 0.02c
"From my perspective, BRCC, Evan, and the team have consistently displayed a pro-2A, pro-Freedom message. "

It's one thing to talk the talk.

It's another to put it on the line when someone actually uses the weapon you've named your brand for in self-defense.

They wouldn't have lost a single client for directly supporting Kyle.

They wouldn't have lost a single client for shutting the hell up.

They would have GAINED clients and retained clients for directly supporting Kyle.

They instead opened their mouth, doubled down, and people are rightfully treating them the way a fair-weather defender should be treated.

Two other coffee companies have decided to weigh in on this:

https://mediarightnews.com/covfefe-c...e-rittenhouse/

Quote:
In a statement given to National File, Covfefe Coffee said, “for people who have been to war, you would think they would be ready to fight to take our country back,” said a Covfefe Coffee spokesperson. “Apparently making sure the feral mob is satisfied and their corporate orthodoxy is upheld is a far greater virtue to Black Rifle Coffee than courage. Unlike our competition, Covfefe Coffee proudly supports Kyle Rittenhouse. In fact, we sell a ‘Kyle Did Nothing Wrong’ shirt on our website. And we stand by it.”
Quote:
Another Coffee company, Stocking Mill Coffee, sent their message to Black Rifle in a tweet saying, “our statement on @blckriflecoffee statement. Kyle Rittenhouse was attacked by DOMESTIC TERRORISTS. He exercised his #2A rights with ironically a BLACK RIFLE which was his God Given right. All charges should be dropped. We need to have each other’s backs.”
Do you think they're losing business over this?

I didn't think so either.
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 15:40   #74
Uman
Quiet Professional

BRCC says one thing and does another

How can you be pro 2A and donate to an organization that wants to get rid of it.

BRCC is taking everyone for a ride with their Information/Narrative campaign (funny videos) and doing the opposite behind closed doors.

I support Jews but voted for Hitler just does not pass the test in logic.

Remember when do we need people to do Right, when nobody is there watching them.

A simple basic concept of self discipline in SF, SOF, and the Army.

And one more thing about supporting Dems/Socialists

De Oppresso Liber

What does the snake represent under the SF Memorial statue?
Uman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 16:02   #75
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Tyranny in the world...

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote