Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-26-2004, 18:35   #1
militarymoron
Guerrilla

oregon aero softsole inserts

on the subject of footwear - when i attended the Marine West expo down in camp pendleton a couple of months ago, we stopped by the oregon aero booth and picked up a couple of samples of their Softsole inserts.
if you're on your feet a lot and need some shock absorption that really works (i've tried spencos and SOF sole inserts), these work VERY well. no arch support - just shock absorption.
mel from kifaru is using them in his wellco tuffcushions for his bataan memorial death march training and can attest to these - hopefully he can throw in his .02 here.
here's more info:
http://www.militarymorons.com/equipm....html#softsole
cheers,
MM
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 20:46   #2
krax
Quiet Professional

I've got just over 2 months in my Superfeet footbeds and have nothing but good things to say about them. I think I might try out some SOLE footbeds in the near future and would love to hear a review of them.
krax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 23:12   #3
Footmobile
Guerrilla

Hey MM..Nevermind.

Edit......your website answered my Q. Thanks.
Footmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 00:39   #4
militarymoron
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by krax
I've got just over 2 months in my Superfeet footbeds and have nothing but good things to say about them.
i concur - the green superfeet footbeds are my favourite if my foot needs more support than the shoe/boot provides. the green superfeet are awesome for stability.
the oregon areo softsoles went into my shoes that had adequate support, but needed more shock absorption. i wish they'd make a combo superfeet/softsole combo with a shaped footbed like the superfeet and a upper layer of the OA kinetic foam.
cheers,
MM
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 21:44   #5
Mel
Asset

MM is spot on about the shock absorbing qualities of the Oregon Aero inserts. As he said, I've been training with these inserts in my Wellco Tuffkushion Deserts, and have had ZERO foot problems. The Wellcos already feel like running shoes, these inserts just make them plusher. The training has consisted of road marches, and running/tabbing on pavement, trails, and in the sand. Pack weight has been 40-50 lbs during the training sessions. Give these inserts a try, you won't be disappointed.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote