Old 04-10-2011, 15:16   #1
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Help......

I "somehow" installed Microsoft Bit Locker(Drive Encryption) and now I can't install anything because it keeps telling it's enabled.....

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 16:09   #2
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Do you have the password to decrypt it? I'm assuming (there I go ...) you don't, being as you "somehow" installed it.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 19:28   #3
Burns76
Asset

Still an issue?

If this is still an issue. . . try the following

+++++++

To turn off or temporarily disable BitLocker

Open Bitlocker Drive Encryption by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Bitlocker Drive Encryption.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Do one of the following:

To temporarily disable BitLocker, click Turn Off BitLocker, and then click Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption.

To turn off BitLocker and decrypt the volume, click Turn Off BitLocker, and then click Decrypt the volume.

+++++

copied from below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ing-the-volume

good luck.
Burns76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 23:17   #4
PSM
Area Commander

If all of the above fails, click "Start" then "Accessories" then "System Tools" then "System Restore" and select a highlighted date prior to your install. Let it reboot and try it. It should forget that anything bad happened.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 13:34   #5
perdurabo
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
I "somehow" installed Microsoft Bit Locker(Drive Encryption) and now I can't install anything because it keeps telling it's enabled.....

Big Teddy
Obvious question, but did you reboot? If you enable BitLocker on your boot drive, often you need to restart your computer in order for some programs to install & run correctly.
perdurabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:37   #6
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Thank all of you for your assistance was sincerely appreciated...........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote