Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18B

Old 02-27-2007, 14:20   #1
Hipshot
Quiet Professional

Weapon lube

Had a request from my son for some synthetic lube for the M240 in their HMMV and some for the dismounts. He requested MILITEC by name. I contacted the company via the internet and placed an order for 1-16oz and 3-4oz bottles. My cost came to $83. I wanted it shipped directly to my son, so I called the company and spoke with the general manager. He informed me that the 8oz bottle for the 240 would be plenty. I gave him my son's address at which point he said they would refund my credit card. They provide the lube oil to the troops for free.

I've talked with some folks here that are shooters and they swear by their product. The company's website is www.militec.com.

Anyone else know about this?
11F4S - S/Sgt, B/2/12th SFG(A)
a.k.a. Sheep Dog Daddy

God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.
It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick.

Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 14:37   #2
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot

Had a request from my son for some synthetic lube for the M240 in their HMMV and some for the dismounts. He requested MILITEC by name. I contacted the company via the internet and placed an order for 1-16oz and 3-4oz bottles. My cost came to $83. I wanted it shipped directly to my son, so I called the company and spoke with the general manager. He informed me that the 8oz bottle for the 240 would be plenty. I gave him my son's address at which point he said they would refund my credit card. They provide the lube oil to the troops for free.

I've talked with some folks here that are shooters and they swear by their product. The company's website is www.militec.com.

Good on your son, for being there!

Good on you, for being a good Dad!

And good on Miltech!

HOOAH!
Old 02-27-2007, 14:42   #3
x SF med
Quiet Professional

YooHoo!! MtnGoat - come and get it!!!!

Props to the Militec guys and gals.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 15:11   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Good people, I recommend their lube, use it myself, and visited them at SHOT to tell them so.

Thanks for the info. Great to see good business people and consideration of service.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 15:57   #5
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

Militec

I'll be ordering some Militec tonight.

Good on Militec !
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 17:04   #6
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

I've been using their Oil and Grease for several years!! Found that if you lube the rails, etc then heat everything up with a hair dryer, let it cool and wipee it off, the stuff is magic!!!

For corrosion pprevention you can't beat LPS-2.

Later
Martin
Old 02-27-2007, 17:32   #7
Hipshot
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master
I've been using their Oil and Grease for several years!! Found that if you lube the rails, etc then heat everything up with a hair dryer, let it cool and wipee it off, the stuff is magic!!!

For corrosion pprevention you can't beat LPS-2.

Later
Martin
That's what the manager told me to tell my son. I sent him the 10 pkg 30 round magazines. He recommended that my son take the mags apart, lube the internal parts, put them out into the sun to dry, wipe off the excess and have at it. He also said that the 3 4oz bottles should last my son and his 3 dismounts about a year. He also recommended the 8oz bottle to keep the M240 going.

Just thought I'd share the info on MiliTec - great bunch of folks there!
11F4S - S/Sgt, B/2/12th SFG(A)
a.k.a. Sheep Dog Daddy

God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.
It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick.

Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 17:34   #8
Razor
Quiet Professional

I use Militec and think it works great. I haven't tried their grease; Martin, would you say its comparable to TW-25B?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 17:54   #9
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

I've never used the TW-25B, but I doubt that if you wiped it dry after applying it, that it would be as slick as this stuff makes the surfaces!! The first time I tried the Militec out in the dust of West Texas, I was amazed how clean the weapons stayed and yet the actions were still lubricated!!

I use a Teflon based Grease on my Folding Knives, but you can't wipe it off, you have to leave it on the surface.
Old 02-27-2007, 20:32   #10
BrianH
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot
Awesome guys I had the pleasure of meeting at SHOT.

They went on a fairly long rant about losing a government contract, but immediately followed with "if the Government won't supply the best lube to the troops, then we will!"

Then he thrust two gigantic bottles of the stuff into my hands.

Awesome.

Stand it like a man... and give some back.
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 20:44   #11
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

NDIA/SOLIC

MILITEC-1 was out free 1/2 oz bottles at the National Defense Industial Assn/Special Ops Low Intensity Conflict . Sounded good, but I got concerned when the salesman started telling me about how it "bonds with the metal" of your weapon...

Haven't used it yet.

TR,

- What did you use to lean the old lube out of your weapon before applying the MILITEC-1?

- How did you heat the system to get the MILITEC-1 to bond with the metal?

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 02-27-2007 at 21:41.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 21:24   #12
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor
TR,

- What did you use to lean the old lube out of your eapon bfore applying the MILITEC-1?

I just cleaned the weapon as usual, then hit it with some automotive brake cleaner (isopropyl alcohol would work also) to de-grease it.

I then, as stated above, applied the lube (have used this for both oil and grease) then heated all of the parts with a hair drier until they were unconfortable to hold. I would say that an oven at 250 would do as well.
Let them cool, then wipe it dry.

The "bonding with the metal" part has to do with the way the molecular structure of this stuff interacts with the surface of the metal and adheres to it, not too unlike how paint works.

Later
Martin
Old 02-27-2007, 21:58   #13
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor
TR,

- What did you use to lean the old lube out of your weapon before applying the MILITEC-1?

Same as AM.

I will add that the heat from a few rapid strings will normally hit the cooking point for the lube as well.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 21:59   #14
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Thanks Both!
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:42   #15
Fonzy
Guerrilla

Is using this lube like using synthetic oil on a car, in the sense that once you use it you can't go back to a 'normal' lube like CLP?

SPC Fonz
Fonzy is offline   Reply With Quote