Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 09-24-2018, 15:08   #31
tonyz
Area Commander

Brett Kavanaugh dick slapped me on that chopper...

/s/Brian Williams

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 15:24   #32
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Interesting tidbit on Ford’s allegations. Apparently had the letter gone directly to DiFi, it would have the power of sworn testimony.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...kavanaugh.html

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 17:17   #33
PSM
Area Commander

If, as reported, Richard Blumenthal used a claim of service in Vietnam during his 2010 senate run when he was in the Marine Reserves and never left the States, wouldn't that fall under the Stolen Valor Act? He clearly used the claim for personal gain.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 17:59   #34
Penn
Area Commander

PSM
Quote:
Richard Blumenthal
Examples all the best the democrats have to offer, now or ever, as a simple review of their past moral leadership clearly exposes a moral compass that knows no azimuth.

JFK, a speed freak and devout womanizer, pales in comparisons to his righteous brother Ted, a drunken murder. Fast forward to an admirer of both, we have the rapist and advantageous intern manipulator: Bill Clinton. As leadership examples, why are we surprised that they have lower the bar even further with out right lies and character assassination.

I would think, much like Thomas's lynching, if Kavanaugh is confirmed, it will not be soon forgotten in his mind, as the process he suffered through, like Thomas is etched.

That said, once the democrats played the sex card, they had to be fully committed to undermine this good mans reputation. it is an all or nothing outcome, my take, they miscalculated. He gets confirmed. Midterms is a red wave.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 19:49   #35
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
If, as reported, Richard Blumenthal used a claim of service in Vietnam during his 2010 senate run when he was in the Marine Reserves and never left the States, wouldn't that fall under the Stolen Valor Act? He clearly used the claim for personal gain.
I think they shade the claim with the distinction of having served "during Vietnam", not "in Vietnam."

Kind of like the difference a lot of people seem to walk between "being in Special Forces" versus "being Special Forces."

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 19:54   #36
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
He had alot of help, from both sides of the aisle.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 20:34   #37
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Subscription needed which I ain't gonna do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
I think they shade the claim with the distinction of having served "during Vietnam", not "in Vietnam."
Since I was on Oki I guess I can claim that I was in Vietnam, adjacent.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 09-24-2018, 20:58   #38
tonyz
Area Commander

The democrats have shown who they are...again.
  • Elections only matter when they win
  • Due process only matters when they benefit
  • Justice only matters when it’s “social”
Unfortunately, right now, if their lips are moving they’re lying - broad brush intended.

Remember this November.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 21:26   #39
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Subscription needed which I ain't gonna do.
Interesting, I got there & don't have a subscription...
Anyway, he had a bunch of deferments, as well as 2 (fairly uncommon) "critical occupational" type deferments - after he ran out of student ones - while he was working in the Nixon WH. Then the heat on that news got turned up, et voila'!, he got into the USMCR. He's just another purveyor of the "Rules for Thee, but not for Me" crowd. It's a bipartisan affliction.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 09-25-2018, 07:40   #40
bblhead672
Area Commander

Breaking News: Newest Kavanaugh Accusers Come Forward

Illustrate the absurdity by being absurd.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:16   #41
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Interesting, I got there & don't have a subscription...
I think that they give you X number of free reads which I probably used up.

I knew about the deferments. I have no problem with that or with joining the reserves. It's claiming actual combat service that I have trouble with. He leveraged that for personal gain.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:10   #42
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
I knew about the deferments. I have no problem with that or with joining the reserves. It's claiming actual combat service that I have trouble with. He leveraged that for personal gain.
Completely agree; he knew exactly how the words were carefully parsed when he did it.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:52   #43
rsdengler
Area Commander

LOL..... "A third woman has come forward to accuse Donald Trump’s Supreme Court pick, Brett Kavanaugh, of sexual misconduct, according to a statement published by her lawyer Michael Avenatti"

Sorry, there is no way, no way you just remembered this or just came forward. I know exactly what I did years ago when I was 16; even with too much to drink; and with whom....stop the freakin nonsense you Vagina Hat wearing bags.....Gee.....

....#3...calling #4....Oh come on, what else are you going to come up with...Wait, I think Kavanaugh has been the one stealing my parking space at work dressed as a woman....What a shit show.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:06   #44
Box
Quiet Professional

I would like to address the mysterious trend of "victims" coming out of the woodwork with stories that seem to illustrate a picture of willing participants of youthful chicanery that now want to paint their experiences in a color I like to refer to as a "dark shade of victim-hood"
I would like to address this trend in a haiku....

I am a victim
Blah blah blah blah lies lies lies
You’re a dirty whore

All joking aside, Kavanaugh may have even talked about 'Fight Club'
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 09-26-2018 at 11:07.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:12   #45
JimP
Quiet Professional

I hereby nominate Box as Poet Laureate to the interwebz.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote