Old 03-08-2007, 19:35   #1
Marvin Blank
Quiet Professional

Colombia Issue of Veritas

The new issue of "Veritas" (the USASOC magazine) is a special issue, completely focused on Colombia. It covers a lot of the history (La Violencia, ect.), some ODA's and their missions, Psyops, CA, and a lot of other stuff. I'd recommend anyone interested in the AO pick it up.
"If any pale student glued to his desk here seek an apology for a way of life whose natural fruit is that pallid and emasculate scholarship, of which New England has had too many examples, it will be far better that this sketch had not been written. For the student there is, in its season, no better place than the saddle, and no better companion than the rifle or the oar." - Francis Parkman
Marvin Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 17:12   #2
Russell S
Asset

Thanks for the heads up on it. I looked for it today when I had to go into my unit to take care of some admin items but did not see it. I'm going to email the USASOC history office and see if they'll send me a copy.
Russell S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 20:27   #3
Go For Broke
Quiet Professional

COPIES:

Quote:
Additional copies my be requested from the address below or by e-mailing one of our editors.
USASOC
ATTN: AOHS Veritas
E-2929 Desert Storm Drive
Fort Bragg, NC 28310

E-mail address deleted in interest of preventing spam to them. If you need it, PM me.

V/R,
Old 03-13-2007, 11:36   #4
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For Broke
USASOC
ATTN: AOHS Veritas
E-2929 Desert Storm Drive
Fort Bragg, NC 28310

E-mail address deleted in interest of preventing spam to them. If you need it, PM me.

V/R,
Sir, your PM box is full.

Martin
Old 03-13-2007, 17:18   #5
jatx
Area Commander

I received a copy of the most recent edition at drill last month. It is an impressive publication. I've since been in touch with the editors w/r/t back issues, and they are deciding whether or not to make pdf copies available. If the answer is yes, I'll be happy to share them with members here.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 19:45   #6
Marvin Blank
Quiet Professional

The JSOMTC has about a hundred copies (only about a third of them ever get picked up), so I'd be happy to pick up a few extras for anyone that wants one. PM me if you're interested.
"If any pale student glued to his desk here seek an apology for a way of life whose natural fruit is that pallid and emasculate scholarship, of which New England has had too many examples, it will be far better that this sketch had not been written. For the student there is, in its season, no better place than the saddle, and no better companion than the rifle or the oar." - Francis Parkman
Old 04-14-2007, 00:49   #7
Roycroft201
Guerrilla

Following the previous posts by Marvin Blank and Go for Broke, I requested and received the most recent issue of Veritas. It is the one devoted to ARSOF in Colombia and it is terrific.

As a civilian, I had not previously seen any prior copies of Veritas, which is the Journal of Army Special Operations History (for those of us civies). Published quarterly, it's beautifully done and extremely well-written.

If you are in the Fort Bragg area and see any copies still available, I recommend that you grab one.

RC201
"In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less, because passing civilization along from one generation to the next ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone could have. " .....Lee Iacocca

I will cede that we frequently have to associate with people we may not respect. - The Reaper
Roycroft201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:10   #8
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Blank
The JSOMTC has about a hundred copies (only about a third of them ever get picked up), so I'd be happy to pick up a few extras for anyone that wants one. PM me if you're interested.

M B:

Just sent you a PM.

Stay safe.
Old 04-14-2007, 15:24   #9
Marvin Blank
Quiet Professional

All you guys that PM'ed me, I just checked my box. Give me a couple days, but I should have it done early this week.
Marvin