Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 02-20-2015, 13:34   #31
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Joe Teti Doubles Down on Stupid

Joe Teti Doubles Down on Stupid

Seems Joe Teti's lies are just now hitting the surface. It must suck when your teammates call you a lowlife and a coward.

No HALO or SCUBA, that's going to leave a mark. Those lies are going to cost Teti. I cannot wait for the counter-suits.

I'm guessing but I bet Teti was the guy that actually shot OBL.

"Responding to a detailed request for comment,Laurie Goldberg, Discovery Channel's executive vice president for public relations, declined"

LOL, Discovery Channel will hire anyone, criminals included.

Lawsuit: SF members describe TV star as problem soldier
By Jon R. Anderson, Staff writer 1:09 p.m. EST February 20, 2015

The bizarre saga of Discovery Channel reality star Joe Teti took another twist as court documents emerged, from his former National Guard Special Forces teammates, that paint a dark portrait of a man known more for lying, stealing — and worse — than for the combat prowess he professes on his show, "Dual Survival."

"I believe Joe is a sociopath [who] could be dangerous to those he believes have injured him," writes Sgt. 1st Class Daniel McClain, Teti's former team sergeant, in a letter to the Special Forces Association that is part of a formal response in an ongoing lawsuit.

"I knew he would always be a problem," writes Teti's former executive officer, Lt. Col. William Sharp, in another letter, part of the SFA's 50-page rebuttal to the lawsuit filed by Teti late last year.

Sharp, now with U.S. Special Operations Command, writes that he was preparing paperwork to bar Teti from reenlisting, revoke his security clearance and strip him of his Special Forces tab, before Teti left the unit on his own.

"Teti is far below Special Forces standards, he is an embarrassment to Special Forces and Special Operations," writes Sharp, listing a litany of allegations.

Responding to a detailed request for comment, Laurie Goldberg, Discovery Channel's executive vice president for public relations, declined.

Teti, through his attorney, declined to comment as well.

"We intend to try the case to judge and jury," said David Redding, another former Special Forces soldier who is representing Teti in the lawsuit.

In reality

Teti took turns as a one-enlistment Marine, a National Guard Special Forces soldier for about 10 years and, just after 9/11, several years as a government contractor before eventually becoming the co-star of Discovery's "Dual Survival," now in its fifth season. In 2013, he replaced another former soldier who was fired from the show for inflating his military resume.

Allegations soon surfaced that Teti was propping up his own record.

Leading that charge was another survival show reality star — and one of Teti's former Special Forces team leaders — Mykel Hawke.

A retired Special Forces captain and Afghanistan veteran, Hawke accuses Teti of violating Stolen Valor laws for, among other things, claiming he's a "combat veteran" but never serving in combat while in uniform.

Teti counters that his combat vet claims are justified because he served in several war zones as a civilian contractor.

The letters from McClain and Sharp, among others, convinced the SFA to disavow Teti and permanently scrub him from its membership rolls in August.

And it had nothing to do with his combat claims.

"He should be publicly disowned by the greater SF community because of the extreme poor quality of his service to SF," McClain writes. "He has become too public a personality to not address his immoral and unprofessional conduct before it reflects negatively on our community."

As news of SFA's disavowal spread and sponsors began dropping Teti from endorsement deals, he fired back in November with a defamation lawsuit.

The 20-page complaint states Hawke "is driven by the motive of jealousy to destroy Mr. Teti's successful television career" and that Hawke "enlisted several co-conspirators ... to aid him in his campaign against Mr. Teti."

In addition to Hawke and the SFA, Teti's lawsuit targets the nonprofit association's president, retired Col. Jack Tobin, and retired Special Forces Sgt. Maj. George Davenport, a longtime SFA member who added Teti to his Special Forces Poser Patrol's Facebook "Wall of Shame."

Also named in Teti's lawsuit are former Marine Scott Hughes, moderator of the Military Phonies website, and Monique Haina, another vocal online critic.

Cont:

http://www.armytimes.com/story/enter...ival/23662023/
Old 02-20-2015, 13:55   #32
MR2
Quiet Professional

And this is in The Army Times.

Damn him, damn him for his cowardly behavior and selfish lack of SA, damn him for his ongoing lack of respect of himself and the Regiment, damn him for the fleas this dog continues to shed, Semper Fi my ass! He is a craven piece of shit.

Fuck you Joe, FUCK YOU!

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 15:36   #33
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
And this is in The Army Times.

Damn him, damn him for his cowardly behavior and selfish lack of SA, damn him for his ongoing lack of respect of himself and the Regiment, damn him for the fleas this dog continues to shed, Semper Fi my ass! He is a craven piece of shit.

Fuck you Joe, FUCK YOU!
QUICK, someone get this man a Snickers!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 16:23   #34
PSM
Area Commander

I’ve never heard of case where the plaintiff could get so soundly whacked by his own lawsuit. He may also be setting himself up for a lawsuit by Cody for costing him his job.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 19:17   #35
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Reading that article on Joe Teti we can surmise:

Joe Teti is an outright liar. (no HALO and NO Combat SCUBA schools, irrefutable facts)

He's a thief.

He's a criminal, fraud and stalking.

And worst of all, being called a coward by those on your own Special Forces team.

(I wonder how Discovery Channel is going to feel when his Special Forces Tab is revoked too. )

I've already said this to one SF guy, but I've got a feeling Joe Teti is about to enter a rehab center or he will throw the PTSD card.

This bottom feeding, lying, coward is going down, hard. That's what you get for suing the Special Forces Association and other "fearless" Special Forces soldiers.

Joe Teti is done in the Special Forces community.
Old 02-20-2015, 20:38   #36
Joker
Quiet Professional

Purged from my memory. Joe who?
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:15   #37
Pete
Quiet Professional

I'm sure

I'm sure Joe will be collecting letters from his other team members to counter those claims. But I'm wondering why he hasn't done that already?

NOT
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:53   #38
fred111
Quiet Professional

Probably won't be getting those letters because nobody will write them.
fred111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:26   #39
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred111 View Post
Probably won't be getting those letters because nobody will write them.
Do you think he won't write them himself?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:28   #40
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Do you think he won't write them himself?

TR
What makes you think he could be so dishonest?

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:08   #41
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
What makes you think he could be so dishonest?
His background.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:35   #42
ccrn
Guerrilla

Why does this show have such a long history of hiring turds?

They themselves almost make the SF and SOF world look bad by hiring these posers when such a depth and wealth of Army Special Forces talent is available to them.

Why dont they just hire a retired SERE-C instructor for they show? That would be very interesting I think.....
Old 02-28-2015, 08:41   #43
ccrn
Guerrilla

SOLI

Last edited by ccrn; 02-28-2015 at 08:42. Reason: Wrong area
ccrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:26   #44
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I vote for Gordon Smith!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:43   #45
DDD
Quiet Professional

Guy Jones!
DDD is offline   Reply With Quote