Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 02-19-2006, 22:13   #1
blackkn
Asset

Bin Laden Vows Never to Be Captured Alive

Bin Laden Vows Never to Be Captured Alive By STEVEN R. HURST, Associated Press Writer

CAIRO, Egypt - Osama bin Laden promised never to be captured alive and declared the United States had resorted to the same "barbaric" tactics used by Saddam Hussein, according to an audiotape purportedly by the al-Qaida leader that was posted Monday on a militant Web site.

The tape appeared to be a complete version of one that was first broadcast Jan. 19 on Al-Jazeera, the pan-Arab satellite channel, in which bin Laden offered the United States a long-term truce but also said his al-Qaida terror network would soon launch a fresh attack on American soil.

"I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived," bin Laden said, in the 11-minute, 26-second tape.

In drawing the comparison to American military behavior in Iraq to that of Saddam, the speaker said:

"The jihad is continuing with strength, for Allah be all the credit, despite all the barbarity, the repressive steps taken by the American Army and its agents, to the extent that there is no longer any mentionable difference between this criminality and the criminality of Saddam."

By using that language to describe Saddam, bin Laden appeared to be denying assertions by the Bush administration that the former Iraqi leader had ties to al-Qaida — ties that were given as one rationale for invading Iraq.

Bin Laden also challenged Bush administration assertions that it was better to fight terrorists in Iraq than on U.S. soil.

"The war against America and its allies has not remained confined to Iraq as he (Bush) claims, but rather Iraq has become a point of attraction and recruitment of qualified forces," the speaker said.

"What's more, the mujahideen, by the grace of Allah, have been able to penetrate time after time all the security procedures undertaken by the oppressive countries of the alliance as evidence by what you have seen, in terms of bombings in the capital of the most important European states."

The tape's release in January came days after a U.S. airstrike in Pakistan that targeted bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri, and reportedly killed four leading al-Qaida figures, including possibly al-Zawahri's son-in-law. There was no mention of the attack on the segments that were broadcast.

In the full tape posted Monday, bin Laden engaged in renewed propaganda, mocking Bush's aircraft carrier declaration in April 2003 that major conflict in Iraq had ended.

"The Pentagon's figures indicate an increase in the number of your killed and injured in addition to the massive material losses, not to mention the collapse of troop morale and the increase of the suicide rates among them," the speaker said.

Speaking directly to the American people, he said:

"You can rescue whatever you can from this hell. The solution is in your hands, if their (U.S. troops') situation matters to you at all."

The initial excerpts had been the first tape from the al-Qaida leader in more than a year — the longest period without a message since the Sept. 11, 2001 suicide hijackings in the United States.

The CIA last month authenticated the voice on the initial recording as that of bin Laden, an agency official told The Associated Press at the time. The al-Qaida leader is believed to be hiding in the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan
blackkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 21:52   #2
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

So did Sadam.

Kill him and make him a martyr.

Capture him and endure obsure outbursts as we go through a trial.

Bomb him into a million pieces and the myth lives on like Elvis.

Not a lot of good options...

Perhaps we could put him on display at Ground Zero....
Leave him in wooden head and hand cuffs like in colonial times.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 22:19   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor
So did Sadam.

Kill him and make him a martyr.

Capture him and endure obsure outbursts as we go through a trial.

Bomb him into a million pieces and the myth lives on like Elvis.

Not a lot of good options...

Perhaps we could put him on display at Ground Zero....
Leave him in wooden head and hand cuffs like in colonial times.
Capture him, pump him for info, sentence him to death, execute him, and bury him in a pig carcass.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 23:53   #4
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Capture him, pump him for info, sentence him to death, execute him, and bury him in a pig carcass.

TR
In a pig carcass? That would mean that he'd have to be in enough little pieces to fit...

Works for me Sir.

--Aric
Old 02-21-2006, 05:52   #5
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aricbcool
In a pig carcass? That would mean that he'd have to be in enough little pieces to fit...

Works for me Sir.

--Aric
You must never have seen a southern pig. You could put his whole staff in a southern pig.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:45   #6
jbour13
Area Commander

Quote:

TR
That is the best thing I've read this morning.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:13   #7
Sten
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:

TR
Hear, hear!

- Team Sergeant

"It is a right. If they screw it up, you take it away from that individual. Not the group and not because you think you are smarter than they are."

- NousDefionsDoc
Sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 17:01   #8
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Someone has to say it...

This thread is worthless without pics.

--Aric
Old 02-26-2006, 18:47   #9
N.Franklin
Asset

Skin him alive and light him on fire.
N.Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 22:29   #10
HOLLiS
Area Commander

I think I will take a pessimist view, with all the liberals, the media, the UN, and the French........ the trial would be a multi trillion dollar fiascal. I like TR Idea, but the media I don't trust.
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:27   #11
tyrsnbdr
Auxiliary

I was under the impression that the reward poster said $25,000,000 "dead" or alive. But I guess that was just me.
tyrsnbdr is offline   Reply With Quote