Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-05-2011, 22:40   #1
chemical cookie
Asset

The CRD's

Gents,

With OPSEC in mind I was looking to get an idea of your thoughts on the CRD's within your Groups. Do you think the teams (ODA's) have a good understanding of their TTPs, SOPs, etc and how they can augment the teams? Are they strong in their ability and able to accomplish their task or generally thought of as just another support element to drag along and slow them down? The reason I ask is to get a better understand of the ODA's thoughts and what they are looking for when the CRD's are asked to accompany them on mission.

Mods, if this is in the incorrect place please feel free to move it.

Chemical Cookie
chemical cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 17:49   #2
chemical cookie
Asset

It looks as though with all of the views and no replies that maybe the CRD isn't as widely known as I was hoping. Looks like we have quite a bit of work to do... PM or ask away if inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-06-2011, 18:11   #3
RTK
Guerrilla

NBC and now CBRNe - one of the core competencies we've lost the bubble on over the years in the Big Army.

Before I became a maneuver guy and cavalryman I was a combat engineer (back when we actually breached obstacles). I understand the want for knowing if you're a useful enabler and trying to integrate into those who you think need you. Tough to do in the Guard, but not impossible.

My advice is go to each of the companies and each of the team rooms and talk with the guys on the teams who have the lead on chem issues. They'll probably appreciate the fact you came over to see them and engage in professional discourse. You might get 1000 different answers from guys here, some you'll never work with. Try the Burger King approach in your Group and let them have it "their way."

Part of legitimacy begins with a demonstration of initiative.

Last edited by RTK; 03-06-2011 at 18:21.
RTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 20:58   #4
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemical cookie View Post
It looks as though with all of the views and no replies that maybe the CRD isn't as widely known as I was hoping. Looks like we have quite a bit of work to do... PM or ask away if inquiring minds want to know.
It's because we've already had several threads on this subject and you started a new one - apparently without using the search button. As for CRDs in the SFG(A)s - nobody cares. A lot of hype, not a lot of utility. Unless you can contribute to the SSE effort, you're usless for everything except passing mandated inspections. Course that's MOO - and what do I know? I've only got the best chem guy in the Regiment working for me and he can't wait to retire.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 22:03   #5
chemical cookie
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
It's because we've already had several threads on this subject and you started a new one - apparently without using the search button. As for CRDs in the SFG(A)s - nobody cares. A lot of hype, not a lot of utility. Unless you can contribute to the SSE effort, you're usless for everything except passing mandated inspections. Course that's MOO - and what do I know? I've only got the best chem guy in the Regiment working for me and he can't wait to retire.
Roger, tracking on your thoughts. I was afraid this was going to be the general thought process. As with anything some units are stronger than others.

When I did a search for "CRD" not a lot came up. Around eight threads. By starting this thread I wasnt trying to suggest we are too cool for school but rather to get a honest opinion of what the Team guys thought. That is exactly what I got. This thread tells me the CRD has quite a bit of work to do to get where we need to be.

Thanks,

CC
Old 03-06-2011, 22:11   #6
chemical cookie
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
NBC and now CBRNe - one of the core competencies we've lost the bubble on over the years in the Big Army.

Before I became a maneuver guy and cavalryman I was a combat engineer (back when we actually breached obstacles). I understand the want for knowing if you're a useful enabler and trying to integrate into those who you think need you. Tough to do in the Guard, but not impossible.

My advice is go to each of the companies and each of the team rooms and talk with the guys on the teams who have the lead on chem issues. They'll probably appreciate the fact you came over to see them and engage in professional discourse. You might get 1000 different answers from guys here, some you'll never work with. Try the Burger King approach in your Group and let them have it "their way."

Part of legitimacy begins with a demonstration of initiative.
RTK thanks for your thought. This is exactly what we have tried to do at my level. Some like the idea and has asked us to join, some do not. We are judged by our actions and in time history will be a guiding factor.

Again thanks for your reply!

CC