Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18A

Old 05-24-2011, 20:34   #61
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike View Post

I am still camera shy and have had all of my dental identifiers removed.
What, you named your teeth?
Old 05-24-2011, 20:52   #62
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
....a platoon of 19 year olds that are a year into the Army?
As for door-kicking, a platoon of 19 years did a very good job in France, Italy and Germany with MIA1's, leather boots and battle worn uniforms.

Did not see it coming, but situational awareness and a salty platoon sergeant with the understanding that movement to contact is in direct proportion to terrain be it, open fields or living rooms in country cottages or small euro apartments.
Old 05-24-2011, 21:04   #63
busa
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
If the U S ARMY Special Forces wanted you to have a tatoo, You would get a tatoo in leiu of the Yarborough Knife....Regard's, tom kelly
Anyone can get a tatoo, but only a select few will ever earn "the" Yarborough Kinfe.

Congrats to every single one who has!
Old 10-16-2011, 20:55   #64
cant hardly
Asset

dated info

Last edited by cant hardly; 07-26-2022 at 18:42.
cant hardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 22:21   #65
PRB
Quiet Professional

no one will care
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 17:16   #66
JoeEOD
Asset

Talking Tats

When I went to EOD school a senior chief told us that EOD did not wear identifying insignia downrange. He also told us that if we should demonstrate such poor judgement as to get an EOD tat we could be certain of two things: we would be dragged down to the plastic surgeon to have it peeled off and we would be terminated from the EOD program.
Personally, I rotate the artwork hanging on my walls a couple of times a year. I can't imagine having artwork that I can't change, put away, or discard as my tastes change.

There is no problem that can’t be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.
JoeEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:34   #67
Dive08
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeEOD View Post
... a senior chief told us that EOD did not wear identifying insignia downrange....
Dive08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:35   #68
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeEOD View Post
When I went to EOD school a senior chief told us that EOD did not wear identifying insignia downrange...
He obviously meant anything other than the big velcro patch on both shoulders that says, EOD.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 17:21   #69
JoeEOD
Asset

Times change

What can I say? I'm an old fart and my active duty time was in the 70's.
Back then the NATO standard was to paint the area around all four wheels a lovely red - which was a real pain to cover up when we went tactical! Go figure!

There is no problem that can’t be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.
JoeEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 14:30   #70
pjbluetogreen
SF Candidate

Changing Art work

Quote:
Personally, I rotate the artwork hanging on my walls a couple of times a year. I can't imagine having artwork that I can't change, put away, or discard as my tastes change.
You can do the same with tats, its just a more painful process.
Old 03-28-2012, 17:41   #71
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Back when I was the Sr Engineer on a Team I would get a new Jr Engineer every now and again. The first thing I would ask him was "Are you a Demo Man or an Engineer?" - "I'm a Demo Man. Why?" - "Well, an Engineer can do everything a Demo Man can plus a whole lot more. I don't need a Demo Man, but I can use an Engineer."
Great statement Pete!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 18:00   #72
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

No tattoo restrictions for SF?!!?

Ok.. I'm on ODA right now and myself, Medic & my Tm SGt are the only ones not to have Tats. My CPT got selected with a arm band and now has his upper sleeves done on both arms. My Sr "Demo man" came to the team with his torso 80% covered & he has arm sleeves. My Bravo's, both have couple body tats & full sleeves that don't show while in ACU or MC. Both got selected with their tats. Jr Eng has two tats. Sr Commo has a few.

I never got a tattoo because of my father, who is a WWII vet and he has a globe and eagle on his arm and anchor on his left thigh. Once he was in his fifties you cannot tell what they were. I understand that the ink back then and the techniques are nothing they are today.

Around here at Fort Bragg there are 2 tatoo shops own by SF guys.

Like I have told guys before and what Peregrino is saying; if you want to do something special, or go work for other people and other special places. DO NOT GET A TATTOO. YOUR LIFE, THE PEOPLE THAT YOU WORK WITH AND FOR; WILL ALL BE MARK JUST LIKE YOUR BODY IS. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT GET A TATTOO.

The new thing in SF is tattoos.. SF is a reflection of the Army and that's where we come from. Tatoos has gotten a lot more acceptable in the Army.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 03-30-2012 at 07:35.
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 18:07   #73
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Mtngoat,,,,,

Have you been drinking?

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 18:54   #74
s

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
I have met more than a couple AD SEALs that have Tridents on themselves in obvious spots. One on his forearm, one on the back of his neck, one on the leg. Several other AD Team guys that have other SEAL specific insignia on themselves. Always kind of wondered why they would do that...
Ever heard about kiss and tell?
Old 08-13-2012, 22:41   #75
Adam1680
Quiet Professional

Designs are one thing. Insignia/ identifiers/ religious/ family names are just plain not smart. You minus well put your 201 file on your back window while you're at it.
Adam1680 is offline   Reply With Quote