Dan
Administrators

MSG Edward Joseph LeBlanc

From http://davidfuneralhome.com/

Video Tribute

Quote:
MSG Edward Joseph LeBlanc
(October 21, 1964 - April 5, 2007)

New Iberia – Funeral services for MSG Edward J. LeBlanc, Age 42 will be held Wednesday April 11, 2007 at 2:00 PM at St. Marcellus Catholic Church in Rynella.with Deacon Theo Landry officiating. Interment will follow in St. Marcellus Cemetery. A rosary will be prayed Tuesday April 10, 2007 at 7:00 PM in the funeral home. Visiting hours will be observed Tuesday April 10, 2007 from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM and will resume Wednesday April 11, 2007 from 8:00 AM until time of services.

MSG Edward J. LeBlanc died tragically in a vehicle accident Thursday morning in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Edward was a native of New Iberia. He joined the US Army in August 1985. The Army took him to various locales throughout the United States and the world. Early in his career Ed was selected and became a member of the selective elite force called the Green Berets. He began his Special Forces career as a Special Forces Medic moving up in the ranks to become a Special Forces Team Sergeant. The most sought out position in Special Forces. Ed served honorably and bravely in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Edward J. LeBlanc also served as a Special Forces Operator on numerous military operations throughout South, and Central America in support of US foreign policy. Edward J. LeBlanc’s awards include the Army Bronze Star, the Meritorious Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster (OLC), the Army Commendation medals (3OLC), the Special Forces Tab, Master Parachutist Badge, the Combat Medic Badge, and numerous others. He was respected by his peers, subordinates and superiors alike. Edward J. LeBlanc leaves a huge void to all who knew him. His leadership, friendship, and mentorship will be missed by friends; family, and the US Army.

Although work was of profound importance to Ed, it was his family who were paramount in his life. He was a beloved husband to Angela for twenty years. Edward J LeBlanc was a devoted loving father to Misty Nicole, and a mentor to Doug Price. Both Misty Nicole and Doug Price are from Hope Mills, North Carolina. His family that survives him includes: his sister Margie Broussard wife of Edmond, sister Margret Viator wife of Kern, brother Arthur Chubby LeBlanc husband of Shannon, brother Glenn LeBlanc, in-laws Jerry and Brenda Gonsoulin, brother and sister in laws Darin and Heather Gonsoulin, and Greg and Rene Bodin, and Grandmother-in-law Elaine Gautreaux.

Ed was the loving and devoted uncle to numerous nieces and nephews who referred to him as “Nanonk” or Uncle Edward. They are Monica, Melissa, Kevin, Tammy, Brian, Laura, Celeste, Roxanna, Stoney, Kayle, Jade, Kelly, Drake, Kelci, Kade, and Karli, and ten great nieces and nephews.

Ed’s parents Etienne and Emmadell LeBlanc preceded him in death.

David Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of funeral arrangements.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

RIP, my brother.

My favorite memory of Ed was when we were doing some training together.

We had a package of goodies for him and his team. He really wanted one item of the fifteen or so, there were two of them in the box. We were sorting them out and he mentioned that he wanted one of them. I said for him to help himself. After all, he had put the training together and coordinated most of the resources, he could have first pick. He said that he couldn't do that, it wouldn't be fair to the team. He put numbers on the items and had the guys draw for them.

I decided right then that Ed was the kind of guy I would have liked to have had as my Team Sergeant. Fair, honest, and looking after his people.

Thanks for your service, and friendship, hermano. See you on the other side.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:05   #3
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Peace Brother Medic, St Michael needs you.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 13:07   #4
GreenSalsa
Quiet Professional

RIP Ed,

I attended ANCOC with Ed....

Last edited by GreenSalsa; 04-11-2007 at 14:07.
GreenSalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 13:39   #5
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

I didn't really get to know Ed until after he took the SFAUC team. I witnessed the incident TR mentions. It was typical of everything I knew about him. His example and its influence will last as long as we remember him. RIP hermano. Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 17:03   #6
TitratetoEffect
Quiet Professional

Ed

I remember the day you guys mentioned and that was the way Ed was. Fair is fair and he had a ton of common sense. I will miss him. RIP brother.

Phil
TitratetoEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 17:05   #7
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace Brother.
Old 04-12-2007, 19:13   #8
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitratetoEffect
I remember the day you guys mentioned and that was the way Ed was. Fair is fair and he had a ton of common sense. I will miss him. RIP brother.

Phil
Received a Box thru the APO today. I have been expecting it. A perfect example of Ed's friendship. Six Rolls of Copenhagen Ed mailed two days before the accident. For the past three years Ed has been squaring us away down here.
Once Again, thanks for coming thru brother
Old 04-19-2008, 07:39   #9
Bayonet14
Asset

RIP

Only had the chance to speak w/Ed twice while he was doing the Sig buy -
RIP and Nothing but Blue Skies for you...
ATW
Old 04-19-2008, 08:05   #10
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I knew him well. He was a great Warrior and I will miss him.

RIP Brother.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:43   #11
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

RIP MSG!!!

Blue Sky and soft lands!!

Peace to your family and friends.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 14:06   #12
Goggles Pizano
Area Commander

Rest in peace MSG LeBlanc.
You ask; What is our policy? I will say; “It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.” You ask; What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory—victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.-Winston Churchill
Goggles Pizano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 16:01   #13
vsvo
Area Commander

RIP Master Sergeant
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 19:39   #14
Razor
Quiet Professional

Rest easy, Ed.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:51   #15
SFS0AVN
Quiet Professional

RIP MSG LeBlanc, Godspeed.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."
Rommel
SFS0AVN is offline   Reply With Quote