Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 09-10-2014, 13:13   #16
RATT31C
Asset

Lightbulb Buy once, cry once

I have the large 3 day and the Becker Patrol pack. The BP is what I used for my radio bag. It could get real heavy, depending on which JOC boss I was working for at the time. If I had a good reason or an excellent excuse I would buy another one in a heart beat. I remember wishing for a way to attach my hatch mount antenna to it. You can laugh, I was young. Antenna theory be damned.
RATT31C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 13:23   #17
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

T-Bags are made specifically to use on a motorcycle. Got one for my Harley.

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Lug...did=5187609074
Old 09-11-2014, 01:01   #18
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Thank you very much Gents. Looking into all those suggestions now. Eagle seems nice, although they are in the $200+ region again.

Dean, the bags would look nice on my HD, but that scoot is back in Texas, I ride a BMW here and I wanted some sort of 3-day backpack again that I can also use as bug-out bag, or trunk bag for a casual weekend getaway with the HH6.

So many choices out there, found some more packs from mfgrs. like TAG, Tactical Tailor and so on. I really like the look of that Condor pack, price would be right, yet I need to find somebody who has tried one.

Thanks again!

Last edited by mike-munich; 09-11-2014 at 01:02. Reason: typos
mike-munich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:41   #19
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Natchez Shooter's Supply (www.natchezss.com) usually has the Eagle rucks for a very good price. Check out http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?c...rodTitle=Eagle Molle Crossover Pack Black, and http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?c...rodTitle=Eagle Molle Crossover Pack Camo. It's worth checking back regularly because their inventory changes without warning.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:54   #20
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Thank you Peregrino. I remember buying ammo from them years ago... I'll check out what they have, the backpacks are at a great price!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:24   #21
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Most of the Eagle packs are slick and do not have a lot of external pockets, if that is important to you.

I have a couple of their assault packs (Alpha IIIs) and they are excellent, but current Eagle quality under ATK is not what it used to be.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 00:52   #22
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Thank you TR. External pockets are not an issue.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:28   #23
trunkmonkey
Asset

Jansport

If you are not looking for anything that is too tactical I have used my Jansport 39L for about 8 years now. I use it on my motorcycle and for school as well. It is an also good as a civilian hiking pack that does not draw attention yet can fit my M4 when broken down. I have worn out several components over the years and send it back for free repairs or replacement.
I recently picked up a Go Ruck GR2 for my field science pack as I cannot afford to rip a pack open and dump thousands of dollars in data collection equipment in the middle of nowhere.
trunkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 14:15   #24
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Was in a local gun store today and saw a brand called Drago. Looked very similar to a Camelbak I don't know how quality is, but they were well priced!

Drago Packs
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 15:12   #25
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
Was in a local gun store today and saw a brand called Drago. Looked very similar to a Camelbak I don't know how quality is, but they were well priced!

Drago Packs
Is there a tag in them telling where they are made?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 09-13-2014, 16:52   #26
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Is there a tag in them telling where they are made?

TR
TR,

I didn't do a detailed look. I did a quick look after thinking about this post, with just a look at the function/pockets vs price ($57 @ shooters world in Tampa) looked fairly quality but without throwing it around for a month I couldn't endorse it.

They are out of Hialeah, FL

Drago Gear
7815 west 4th avenue
Hialeah, Florida 33014
info@dragogear.com

I sent an email asking where their gear is actually made.

ETA: I work close to the place I saw it, I could get back over and look at it with more detail if interested?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper

Last edited by miclo18d; 09-13-2014 at 16:59.
Old 09-13-2014, 17:32   #27
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

No, just curious.

Most of the better gear is sewn in the US.

I have seen some decent stuff out of Latin America, but Asia is usually the worst.

Oops. Looks like it is made in China, and uses lower grade materials as well.

TR

Old 09-13-2014, 17:44   #28
Javadrinker
Guerrilla

The Drago I've seen has been sewn in China according to the tags inside.
Javadrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:30   #29
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
No, just curious.

Most of the better gear is sewn in the US.

I have seen some decent stuff out of Latin America, but Asia is usually the worst.

Oops. Looks like it is made in China, and uses lower grade materials as well.

TR
Probably why "Made in USA" wasn't proudly plastered all over their website.

I have had stuff made in Ecuador that was good quality. I don't remember the name now and I don't think I have the bag or the chest rig I bought from them. Yes, they were good quality.
Old 09-15-2014, 00:32   #30
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Saw the Drago on Amazon. Some reviews complain about the poor stiching, but it seems to be an OK backpack overall.

I will look at some more options. Thanks again!