Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2012, 17:33   #10
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Better give this cat a triple dose, then:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hes-black.html

Actor Samuel L. Jackson has admitted that he became a supporter of Barack Obama in 2008 because of his race.

In an interview for Ebony magazine's March issue, the Oscar-nominated screen legend says his decision to vote for Mr Obama was nothing to do with his political beliefs.

'I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,' Mr Jackson told the magazine, according to the New York Post.
Politics aside: In an interview with Ebony Magazine actor Samuel L. Jackson said he voted for President Barack Obama in 2008 only because he's black
'That’s American politics, pure and simple,' he said. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean **** to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do.
'I know politicians say ****; they lie. 'Cuz they want to get elected.'

While discussing Mr Obama's chances of re-election, Mr Jackson launched into a profanity-laden rant, repeatedly using the N-word.
The actor has defended his use of the charged racial epithet by saying that it was used at home while he was growing up.

Performance: Contrasting with the Ebony interview of favoring the president without political agendas, Mr Jackson told Newsweek in January that he weighs Mr Obama's job performance on his handing of the poor
'When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a n*****,' he said. 'Because what’s a n*****? A n***** is scary.
'Obama ain’t scary at all. N****** don’t have beers at the White House. N****** don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A n***** would have stopped the meeting right there and said, "Who the **** said that?"
'I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years,' Mr Jackson added, 'cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.'

In a separate interview with Newsweek published in January, the actor said he has mixed feelings about the President's performance so far.

Rally: Attending Mr Obama's Inaugural ceremony in 2008, Mr Jackson was one of many rallying celebrities for the black politician
'Some days I agree with Dr. [Cornel] West and what he says about the President not dealing enough with the plight of the poor,' Mr Jackson said in the Newsweek interview.
'Then I think about how they won’t give him credit for anything... The President got about a week of moderate applause for capturing the most-wanted man in the world,' he said in reference to Osama bin Laden.
'You ask me, he should have put that mother****** on ice and defrosted his ass November 1.'

In President Obama's first campaign for presidency in 2008, Mr Jackson was one of many celebrities who rallied behind him, and even skipped an Oscar award ceremony specifically to campaign for the candidate.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1p8Yrw8TY