Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-06-2004, 13:20   #31
Sire24657
Asset

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Damn GOOD gear!

TR
Does he (Razor) only make gear for the SF/SOF "market", or does he also make gear for civilians (especially interested in rucksack mods)?
Sire24657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 13:33   #32
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

He Mod'd my ruck here.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...&threadid=1345

No my ruck is not pink!

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 13:51   #33
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Surgicalcric
No my ruck is not pink! [/B]
Methinks he doth protest too much.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 14:15   #34
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Razor
Methinks he doth protest too much.
Just stating facts not already in evidence.

And for the record, TR, my TA-50 is OD.

Note to self: Buy better camera and some good lighting for next photo op...

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:36   #35
70B
Asset

This thread has been out of circulation for a while, but...

SO Tech Hellcat (if I had it to do over again I might get the one piece instead of two piece- adding DAPS to IBA negates the usefulness of the easy on/off), Paraclete and Tactical Tailor pouches, HSGI 9mm holster, Tactical Tailor rigger belt, Tactical Tailor modded ALICE pack, 5.56 MAGPULs (work great with open top mag pouches on Hellcat).

All great kit. I like having two mag pouches on the HSGI holster. Off the FOB it holds two mags, on the FOB it holds a mag and my Wave. As long as I remember to switch out before I go out so I don't try to lock and load a multi-tool.

LBT PJ aid bags! Universally better received than the STOMP.

I ordered BattleLab (Diamondback) upright injectable meds pouches for my medics to keep their injectable morphine in. Seems like a novel idea. I also ordered drop-leg medical pouches from I forget where. Those didn't last long. I think a drop-leg holster on one leg and a drop-leg medical pouch on the other seemed like overkill to my guys.

ACOG on my M16, but I'll happily trade that for an M4 with an M68.

The new issue Belleville deserts are much better than the old school deserts, but given my druthers I'd wear my Merrells.
70B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 13:43   #36
Razor
Quiet Professional

One drawback to the one-piece Hellcat a SWAT officer buddy of mine mentioned was that when he put 9 fully loaded mags and a water bottole on the front in STRIKE pouches, the weight pulled the Velcro securing the top map pocket open, and the whole front panel sagged forward. I've never tried this (nor do I own a Hellcat Mk I), so I can't speak on this from first-hand experience.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 14:47   #37
taylor
Asset

My colleges use gear from BHI,Eagle,PB(Interceptor) & SDS(RACK&Interceptor).
I'll buy X1-Raptor pack from BHI this summer. Lot of my friends use this and are satisfied with it.
Next think i'll buy is STRIKE commando recon vest with pouches from BHI,Patriot & TT.
I don't understand why you hate BHI? All their products i've had in my hand seems to be good.I've tested gear from TT,BHI,SDS & LBT and i don't see a difference(except SDS-thats realy GI cheap shit ).
Great looks equipment from Blackwater.

And a little question: What do you think about CRYE Multicam pattern?
I think,that this is the best pattern and best modified BDU i ever saw!
taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 16:05   #38
Martin

Taylor, I think you'll find this post interesting.

Martin
Old 06-09-2005, 17:24   #39
eggroll
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor
I'll buy X1-Raptor pack from BHI this summer. Lot of my friends use this and are satisfied with it.
Next think i'll buy is STRIKE commando recon vest with pouches from BHI,Patriot & TT.
I don't understand why you hate BHI? All their products i've had in my hand seems to be good.I've tested gear from TT,BHI,SDS & LBT and i don't see a difference(except SDS-thats realy GI cheap shit ).

there is a LOT more to it - suffice it to say, it goes more to BHI's business practices than to their product, albeit up to about 2 years ago, their products were crap, since that time STRIKE gear has exceeded the BHI norm. that being said, their business mentality leaves much to be desired.

Why not buy the item from which the X1 is copied... Eagle Airborne AIII ?

I'd suggest not knocking SDS outright as 'cheap GI shit' ... do realize where you are.

No impressed with BW gear, uncle mikes built their product line, not a good start IMO - FUNCTIONALITY, durability trump looks anyday

Multicam - fair product - does work well in a multitude of environment

their clothing is NOT modified BDU, they were created from scratch as a new design which IMO is functional, and less bulkier than the BDU cut.
Old 06-09-2005, 19:37   #40
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Taylor:

There is a world of difference between playing Army, and being in the Army. If you had to bet your life on the gear daily and stress it to the limits, you would soon see the difference with the manufacturers.

Your experience appears to be theoretical, and practical trumps that here utterly. Looking good is a long way from being good. The former just takes money, and the last can take your whole life to learn.

Your first two posts lead me to think that you are some kind of wannabe. If that is the case, please find somewhere else to post as that is unwelcome here. And review the Intro and stickies before posting further.

Have a very SF day.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 19:46   #41
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Your first two posts lead me to think that you are some kind of wannabe.
well, his profile does state that his intersts include military reenactment...things must be mighty boring in the Czech Republic...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:13   #42
taylor
Asset

TR: You're right-i don't know BHI's bussiness practics,etc.
And you're right-i wanna be,but cannot be
I know only a few of BHI's products and they seems to be good quality.I dont know a lot of gear from manufacturers like HSGI or Paraclete,but when i compare quality of TT or Eagle vs BHI it seems to be the same.
As you said: "difference between playing Army, and being in the Army".Of Course, its clear to me-im simply "weekend warrior",but the other think is,that i pay for my gear my own money and cause im not too rich i try to became the best for my money.
I try to use the same type of gear that my model uses,so if i see some USAF CCT/PJ to wear something from BHI i say hureey,cause its the most available(price) gear for me.
In our country not many people uses this type of gear-respectively reanectors only.Czech Army SOF's uses gear from czech producents,so i don't have practical opportunity to compare.

And sorry for my bad english-not easy for me to explain what i wanna to say
taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 17:23   #43
stanley_white
Auxiliary

My deployment gear is various items from...

- Kifaru

- HSGI

- Tactical Tailor

- Eagle
Old 06-11-2005, 22:24   #44
eggroll
Guerrilla

Quote:
TR: You're right-i don't know BHI's bussiness practics,etc.
And you're right-i wanna be,but cannot be
I know only a few of BHI's products and they seems to be good quality.I dont know a lot of gear from manufacturers like HSGI or Paraclete,but when i compare quality of TT or Eagle vs BHI it seems to be the same.
As you said: "difference between playing Army, and being in the Army".Of Course, its clear to me-im simply "weekend warrior",but the other think is,that i pay for my gear my own money and cause im not too rich i try to became the best for my money.
I try to use the same type of gear that my model uses,so if i see some USAF CCT/PJ to wear something from BHI i say hureey,cause its the most available(price) gear for me.
In our country not many people uses this type of gear-respectively reanectors only.Czech Army SOF's uses gear from czech producents,so i don't have practical opportunity to compare.

And sorry for my bad english-not easy for me to explain what i wanna to say

I would suggest that you take a nice look through these threads and other places before troddling off an unsubstantiated post such as yours. Since you have not as much as introduced yourself, you are calling yourself out for more than due attention.

EGG
Old 06-14-2005, 20:26   #45
RAVEN756
Asset

Curent Kit:

HSGI Warlord V2 (OD)
HSGI Hydro pack (OD)
**Both fit alright with body armor, sucks to be in a vehicle though**
BHI OMEGA Para Drop Holster (CB)
BHI Puss Pad (OD, & comfortable!)
BHI RAPTOR pack (BLK)
Other various peices for different missions:
- Tactical Yailor
- PPM
- HSGI
- BHI
- Camelback
- MAXpedition
- ESStac
- Good OL'fasion TA-50 LBE load out...

Any reviews on the SOTech Callahan or the HSGI Wasatch or Weesatch? I'm looking for a better plate carrier than the one issued....
RAVEN756 is offline   Reply With Quote