Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-29-2015, 20:02   #1
Toaster
Guerrilla

Texas Rep stands against CAIR

Rep. Molly White is drawing fire from the Texas chapter of CAIR for her Facebook post that asks Muslims to renounce terrorist groups, and pledge allegiance to our Country and laws. She is unapologetic, they are outraged.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/molly-white-te...191253151.html

Article Below:

Texas lawmaker under fire for Facebook post on Muslim Capitol Day
Rep. Molly White asks Muslim visitors to pledge allegiance to America
Dylan Stableford
By Dylan Stableford

The Texas and Israeli flags are waved by protesters who gathered to disrupt and heckle a group gathered for a Texas Muslim Capitol Day rally, Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015, in Austin, Texas. Hundreds of Muslims gathered for the rally as part of their biennial Texas Capitol lobbying day. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)

A newly elected Texas state lawmaker is under fire for a divisive Facebook post asking Muslim visitors attending an event at the state capitol in Austin to pledge allegiance to the United States.

The event, Texas Muslim Capitol Day, was organized by the Texas chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

"Today is Texas Muslim Capital [sic] Day in Austin," Molly White, a House Republican, wrote on her Facebook page Thursday. "The House is in recess until Monday. Most Members including myself are back in District. I did leave an Israeli flag on the reception desk in my office with instructions to staff to ask representatives from the Muslim community to renounce Islamic terrorist groups and publicly announce allegiance to America and our laws. We will see how long they stay in my office."

The post followed a similar Facebook message that was posted along with a report from the "Right Wing News" website about a Dallas community creating a voluntary sharia court to dispense Islamic justice.

"Remember, in the Koran, it is ok to lie for the purpose of advancing Islam," she wrote. "Texans must never allow fringe groups of people to come here so that they can advance their own culture instead of becoming an American and assimilating into the American way of life. That, I can assure is not the intent of most Muslims who move to America."

The posts drew immediate criticism from many Facebook users.

"You can't seriously be this clueless," Fatima Ahmed wrote. "Not very 'Christian' of you. We should organize a group to come visit you and shower you with love in return for your hate. That's would Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) would do. But what would you know about that. #Islamophobia #Bigotry #MollyWhite #TAKEONHATE."

"Just like the extremist groups hiding under the Muslim label, it looks like we've got an extremist here hiding under the label of Christianity," Kelly Pfeiffer wrote.

"Next can you ask all white people visiting the capitol [to] denounce the KKK?" Laura Wright asked. "When you do, please ask your staff to make a youtube video! I’d watch it!"

"I came here to call you a bigot, but I see everyone else beat me to it," John Glover wrote.

"This is a gross misuse of a political office," James Propes wrote.

But White, a 56-year-old anti-abortion conservative from Belton, Texas, dismissed the criticism.

"I do not apologize for my comments above," she wrote. "If you love America, obey our laws and condemn Islamic terrorism then I embrace you as a fellow American. If not, then I do not."

White did not immediately respond to a request seeking further comment.

In response, CAIR sent a letter to Texas House speaker Joe Straus asking if White had violated any House rules in discriminating "against certain religious minorities trying to meet with her or her staff."

"Are House members prohibited from making constituents take oaths before meeting with their elected representatives or house staff?" the letter asked.

White's comments come after the deadly terror attacks in France carried out by Muslim extremists earlier this month.

Anti-Islam protesters at Texas Muslim Capitol Day screaming "go home!" and "Mohammad is dead!" #txlege pic.twitter.com/SqF27tK1O1
— Lauren McGaughy (@lmcgaughy) January 29, 2015

Thursday's event drew several dozen protesters, who gathered outside the Texas state capitol holding signs ("Radical Islam Is the New Nazi," one read) and shouting "Go home!"

The annual gathering of Texas Muslims began in 2003. Organizers told the Texas Tribune that this the first year there have been protests.

"Nothing is more dangerous than an NCO or Officer who has been taught a technique or method, but doesn't understand the underlying principles or the "why" behind it." -MtnGoat

"How can someone improve their ability to lead? Die to self.

The most rewarding thing a leader will receive is having someone place their life in your hands and say, I will follow you." -SGT Gary Beikirch

Last edited by Toaster; 01-29-2015 at 20:04.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:19   #2
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
"If you love America, obey our laws and condemn Islamic terrorism then I embrace you as a fellow American. If not, then I do not."

The thought that this statement is anywhere near seen as controversial makes me sick!
sg1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 18:07   #3
blacksmoke
Like My Mankini?

NAMBLA held an event in Austin?
blacksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:32   #4
Richard
Quiet Professional

Why Texas Muslims remained calm in face of angry hecklers - Texas Muslims visiting the Texas State Capitol building in Austin were heckled and jeered as they sang 'The Star-Spangled Banner.'
CSMonitor, 30 Jan 2015

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...angry-hecklers

Advanced Democracy 101 - it isn't for the faint of heart.

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMUSLIM.jpg (65.0 KB, 46 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:20   #5
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Texas Muslims remained calm in face of angry hecklers...
I imagine it to be quite uncomfortable and a bit disconcerting - but - much easier than staying calm in the face of angry Islamists.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:08   #6
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
I imagine it to be quite uncomfortable and a bit disconcerting - but - much easier than staying calm in the face of angry Islamists.

No f#*king doubt! I’m a Christian (supposed to love) but I sense hatred drawing me to the "Dark side” of the force.
sg1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:06   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

Jihad works both ways...
...CAIR can always pick which side of the Jihad they want to support.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote