Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 01-27-2017, 09:31   #16
Pete
Quiet Professional

Last nerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thid92 View Post
No issues about the APFT. Seems as this community doesn't care if that's the case I could care less about it I guess. I have always looked up to the SF community. ...
It's not that we don't care - it's that we learned to rope our own goats. Something we expect others to learn how to do.

So stop with the insults because you weren't spoon feed what you wanted. One more wise ass comment from you and you'll hit my last nerve.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:54   #17
thid92
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
It's not that we don't care - it's that we learned to rope our own goats. Something we expect others to learn how to do.

So stop with the insults because you weren't spoon feed what you wanted. One more wise ass comment from you and you'll hit my last nerve.
Pete, I wasn't looking to insult anyone in the community, the responses given to me were telling me to mind my own business and not to worry about it. that is how I interpreted them.

I am going to pull this junior enlisted as side and have a talk to him and guide him in the right direction. if he deployed but doesn't have any attachment order I will help him get that.

18CAV brought up a great point which I will also bring up to him, if he takes his DA photo wearing something he hasn't earned it will come back to him.

I am not doing this just to mess with a lower enlisted soldier, I feel if I don't talk to him I fail him as a leader.

I got some negative feed back and also some great feed back and walked away with more knowledge. have a great weekend and stay safe
thid92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 21:18   #18
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by thid92 View Post

I am not doing this just to mess with a lower enlisted soldier, I feel if I don't talk to him I fail him as a leader.
Are you in the soldiers (in question) Chain of Command? Based on your posts I read this as "No". Then if you are NOT in their CoC then you are in another NCO's lane. So you truly are not "messing with a junior enlisted", you are also calling out his CoC. Perhaps you are the only soldier in your Command that cares about "integrity" (That seems highly doubtful) and are basically throwing the actual CoC under the bus here?? Also, I am surmising that you have not attended SLC or ALC because if you had you would have already known where to find the answer to your original post, or at a minimum know how to research your answer. If you HAVE been to SLC or ALC then yes I agree, you ARE failing as a leader because you are not up to speed on the requisite regulations. When you confront your target of opportunity you had better have something more tangible than "the guys at PS.Com said" as you make uniform corrections or integrity checks on soldiers in your own unit.

Additionally, it is apparent you have not directed your concerns to the first NCO in the "junior enlisted's CoC", as is a common leadership courtesy. Am I correct or in error here? You see there is nothing that would chap a mans ass more than when another NCO or Officer approaches them and inform them that their Team/ Squad/ Platoon/ or ODA was jacked up because they had poor leadership, (which is exactly what you will imply). If he did it on a public forum, say like an internet forum accessible to the open public, then a serious incident would follow. Maybe you should consider that.

My "direct" post this morning may have been snarky, and I understand that, but this post is from the heart. You better know EXACTLY what you are talking about before you start shining spot lights Ranger.

If a simple patch gets you this twisted, then you need to seriously re-prioritize.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol

Last edited by blue02hd; 01-28-2017 at 14:53.
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:09   #19
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
You should simply smoke them on a PT test and then heckle them daily for additional lunch money.

If you can't.. well then recognize their superiority over you and conduct daily personal affirmations in the mirror until another earth shattering topic pops up.

Then go join an Air Soft clan.

But maybe you could stop posting it about it here? Integrity checks go both ways, and it sounds as if you'd rather vent online here rather than research the Army regs yourself. People who like to point fingers sometimes forget there are three fingers in their hand that point right back.

Worry about your team/ squad/ section first. I guarantee there are other issues that you CAN effect that will improve either yourself or your unit.

Remember, empty cans rattle the most.

(Sorry CDRODA396, I never learned how to apply tact as well as you can, even though you tried your best to teach me.)
Blue it's your candor and sarcastic directness that makes you so damn adorable! Look out Billy, Blue's on your 6.
Old 05-14-2017, 21:47   #20
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRODA396 View Post
There are a fair amount of TF's that deploy that wear the SOCOM patch as their combat patch. They generally have habitual relationships with all of their support elements. I personally know 5 or 6 CA and PYSOP personnel, and even more Commo Dudes that legally sport the patch. It is not outside the realm of possibility that a support guy would have one.
This may just be "political". My son is on a TF attached to SOCOM and they are sending him to Iraq and want him to wear the SOCOM combat patch. His NG unit wants him to wear theirs. Is it possible that SOCOM wants more SOCOM combat patches visible in the units?

BTW, my son called it political.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 05-14-2017 at 21:55.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:29   #21
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
This may just be "political". My son is on a TF attached to SOCOM and they are sending him to Iraq and want him to wear the SOCOM combat patch. His NG unit wants him to wear theirs. Is it possible that SOCOM wants more SOCOM combat patches visible in the units?

Pat

Interesting.. In the same vane,, Do 20th SFG augumentee's wear the 3rd,5rd,7th flash or do they stay with the 20th flash?? Is it a PCS or TDY?

If I'm not mistaken,, way back, there was a difference?

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 16:21   #22
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Pat
If his unit is not deployed and he is attached to a SOCOM unit his combat patch will be SOCOM. Nothing new here it has always been that way for attachments to a Group/TF/etc...... How do you think all those support guys from where ever now sport the electric butter knife.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 20:22   #23
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Pat
Pat,
Which TF?
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 20:27   #24
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Pat,
Which TF?
Don't know. I'll Skype him to find out.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 05-16-2017, 10:10   #25
PSM
Area Commander

PM sent.

Pat