Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 03-24-2004, 07:05   #1
billie
Asset

funny article

I don't know why but this, on today's local tv news website, just struck me funny. The stupid kind of funny.

U.S. Forces Play Secret, But Leading Role In Al-Qaida Hunt

POSTED: 7:16 a.m. EST March 24, 2004
U.S. special operations forces are playing a secret but leading role in the battle against al-Qaida and Taliban suspects along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

They've created bunkers and a helicopter pad on a peak in Afghanistan that overlooks Pakistan.

An Associated Press reporter has become the first to report from this special operations observation post since the start of Operation Mountain Storm. It began two weeks ago and is aimed at catching al-Qaida leaders.

Village elders said the Americans arrived 18 days ago with Afghan militia members.

The militiamen said there are 60 Americans at the camp along with 200 militiamen. The special operations forces are wearing T-shirts and sunglasses, as well as beards and mustaches. They also have guns strapped to their legs.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
billie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:44   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

It’s real simple Billie. SF will not talk to the Associated Press or anyone else. So instead they goad the military and the SOF forces into making a statement and that also not going to happen. So instead of reporting fair and balanced news they (the Associated Press) make news up. Substandard reporting if you ask me.

Team Sergeant
Old 03-24-2004, 07:59   #3
Kyobanim

Re: funny article

Quote:
Originally posted by billie

The militiamen said there are 60 Americans at the camp along with 200 militiamen. The special operations forces are wearing T-shirts and sunglasses, as well as beards and mustaches. They also have guns strapped to their legs.
Yes, but are the sunglasses Oakley Razors? I have been informed that SF wear ONLY Razors.

I thought you only strapped a pistol to your leg. Wouldn't strapping your "gun" to your leg hurt?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 14:24   #4
Razor
Quiet Professional

Oakley Razors? Those are SO 10 years ago. Gotta keep up with the latest fashion trends, my man.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 14:37   #5
Kyobanim

My informant must be living in the past . . .

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote