Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-09-2014, 09:02   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Nora Lydia Longoria, Corrupt Texas Judge

Nora Lydia Longoria, Corrupt Texas Judge

And the good folks of Texas allowed this to happen??? I mean I'd expect this sort of behavior in California, New York or Massachusetts, but Texas?

Not only is Nora Lydia Longoria a corrupt individual but so are those that dismissed the charges.

I guess it's time to give up the Alamo.

Badge Flashing Texas Border Judge Beats DWI Charge, Video Shows Her Stumbling

by Ildefonso Ortiz 8 Dec 2014

MCALLEN, Texas -- A Texas high court judge was able to beat the system when the DWI charges filed against her got dismissed even though police video shows the woman struggling to keep her balance and failing a field sobriety test.

Nora Lydia Longoria, a Justice with the 13th Court of Appeals was initially arrested in July when a McAllen Police Officer clocked her doing 69 miles per hour in a 55 miles per hour zone in the northern part of the city, court records obtained by Breitbart Texas show.

At the time of her arrest, Longoria pulled out her badge and showed it to the officer stating that she was a judge, the cop noted on his report adding that she smelled like alcohol and had slurred speech.

Longoria told the officer that she had five beers while having dinner with friends but three hours had passed since she had the last beer, the police report obtained by Breitbart Texas shows.

When the cops told Longoria that she was being placed under arrest for suspicion of being intoxicated she begged them to let her go.

“You are going to ruin my life. I worked hard for 25 years to be where I am today,” Longoria is quoted in the police report where the officer also noted that the judge refused to be handcuffed and said they would have to drag her to the patrol car. Longoria refused to take a breathalyzer exam and no blood was drawn to document the amount of alcohol in her system.

cont:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...-Her-Stumbling
Old 12-09-2014, 12:07   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Longoria refused to take a breathalyzer exam and no blood was drawn to document the amount of alcohol in her system.
Our Brothers in Texas will have to correct me, but I remember in Texas you took a breathalyzer or you had your blood draw. Funny how her blood wasn't drawn.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:53   #3
CSB
Quiet Professional

There is insufficient information to make a meaningful response.

This could be as "ho hum" as: The case was set in county court for a preliminary hearing. The police officer was off at Army Reserve duty, and could not appear. The District Attorney announced he was unable to proceed with the hearing. The Defendant moved for dismissal for lack of evidence. The judge made the right call and dismissed the case "without prejudice." The District Attorney can present the case to the grand jury and have the Defendant indicted via a "sealed indictment" / "presentment" without a preliminary hearing. And the charge comes back to life in about a month. Happens all the time.

This could be as "WTF" as: The case was actually set for trial on the merits, all participants testified fully, the video was played, and a crooked county judge found the Defendant not guilty in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Or it could be: There was a trial, the state could not or would not produce the video at trial, the Defendant produced receipts/witness statements/in-restaurant video of her limited drinking, and the Defendant was simply found not guilty based on the legal requirement of "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."

And so on. Too much Breitbart bluff, fluff and bluster, too few facts.

BTW: Speeding is NOT an indication of intoxication ... driving too slowly is an indication of intoxication.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 13:13   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB View Post
There is insufficient information to make a meaningful response.

This could be as "ho hum" as: The case was set in county court for a preliminary hearing. The police officer was off at Army Reserve duty, and could not appear. The District Attorney announced he was unable to proceed with the hearing. The Defendant moved for dismissal for lack of evidence. The judge made the right call and dismissed the case "without prejudice." The District Attorney can present the case to the grand jury and have the Defendant indicted via a "sealed indictment" / "presentment" without a preliminary hearing. And the charge comes back to life in about a month. Happens all the time.

This could be as "WTF" as: The case was actually set for trial on the merits, all participants testified fully, the video was played, and a crooked county judge found the Defendant not guilty in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Or it could be: There was a trial, the state could not or would not produce the video at trial, the Defendant produced receipts/witness statements/in-restaurant video of her limited drinking, and the Defendant was simply found not guilty based on the legal requirement of "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."

And so on. Too much Breitbart bluff, fluff and bluster, too few facts.
BTW: Speeding is NOT an indication of intoxication ... driving too slowly is an indication of intoxication.
lol, and the video and the slurred speech and no breathalyzer or blood draw (as required by law) is baseless?

Surely you jest.....

Do you actually think for a second that a different individual in the same set of circumstances would be treated the same?

I'll stand by Nora Lydia Longoria, Corrupt Texas Judge.
Old 12-09-2014, 13:32   #5
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

More likely cronyism. But she is hot, for a judge I mean.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote