Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 07-07-2017, 11:43   #16
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Billy, I think you made one mistake. The Army went with Sig Sauer P250 in Dark Earth. I think the Delta boys (aka CAG) will be issued the "Legion" series so he should pop for that and get started early.

JMHO
Sig P320. And he's going to have to buy all the accessories cause everybody knows the "guys behind the fence" would never limit themselves to a single configuration of anything, especially not a modular handgun.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:50   #17
stitches
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
Stitches,
Don't let these grouchy old bastards deter you. You are a young man with plenty to offer and most of these old guys haven't seen action since the Battle of Thermopylae.

They all mean well, they are just trying to recapture their youth - they live vicariously through guys like you and me - we've still got plenty of youth and energy, while most of these old dawgs rely on 'blue-pills' and 'vitamin-M' just to get through the day.

Dude… recruiters don’t tell you all of the story and these old geezers have been out so long that they don’t realize how much things have changed!!!
You don’t need a contract to get what you want – if you want to go to airborne school, you can do that shit from boot camp. Once you get past phase-3 of recruit training, just tell your DI’ that you need to fill out a DA-4187 to become a paratrooper – BAM – you’ll go to jump school from boot camp. (wait until you complete phase-3 or instead of filling out a 4187’ your DI will put you on KP duty for trying to jump the gun).

ALSO… don’t be a dumbass and fall for that “11 bang-bang” sales pitch. If you get hurt or something goes wrong, you are fucked – and you get nothing. Remember – you are going to talk to your Drill Instructor about going to airborne school and the SF Q-Course on your way to Delta. 11-bang-bang has SHIT for bonus money right now. You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting as a PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer (MOS 14E). Once you bank the bonus, you can drop your DA-4187 for selection; since SF is a shortage, you’ll get to keep the bonus money.

Think long range bruh’ – use that bonus money to buy a Glock and a ton of 9-mil ammo to train with. That will give you a head start for the high speed pistol shooting skills you will need when you make the move to Delta.

Lastly… you don’t have to be a Ranger or SF guy to find a job in Delta. Once you graduate from jump school, you can apply directly to Delta for whatever job you want…

Good Luck !!!
good copy on that, thanks brother. No problem with the razzing, gotta expect that when your the new guy in the crew!!

problem though...... i read some stuff on CAG (Delta force) and it said those guys like to get guys with specops experience as an operator, thats why my plan was to get on the A team for a hot minute first...... always gotta be thinking 2 steps ahead to make it work out here nowdays.

love to get a gun, but money is a little tight right now.... THANKS OBAMA lol. when that signing bonus comes in though should be able to get a nice one

stitches out
stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:05   #18
BKKMAN
Quiet Professional

The new poster child for anosognosia (Dunning-Kruger Effect)...

Dunning-Kruger Article

Quote:
As Dunning read through the article, a thought washed over him, an epiphany. If Wheeler was too stupid to be a bank robber, perhaps he was also too stupid to know that he was too stupid to be a bank robber — that is, his stupidity protected him from an awareness of his own stupidity.
That's steel on target right there...

It is not inequality which is the real misfortune, it is dependence. Voltaire

Last edited by BKKMAN; 07-07-2017 at 12:08.
BKKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:22   #19
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Sig P320. And he's going to have to buy all the accessories cause everybody knows the "guys behind the fence" would never limit themselves to a single configuration of anything, especially not a modular handgun.
That's right my bad, they renamed it after all the federal agencies determined it was crap. The P320 must be the new and improved model (it comes in other colors than basic black.) And yes have to have the threaded barrel and screw on silencer. The short barrel/slide for clandestine op's and the long barrel/slide for long range over 200M threats in the desert.

Thanks for the correction.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 13:18   #20
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

I'm sure you already know this, but it doesn't hurt to carry a basic load of riser grease when you show up for basic, available on Amazon...
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 13:27   #21
Pete
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitches View Post
good copy on that, thanks brother. No problem with the razzing, gotta expect that when your the new guy in the crew!!......

stitches out

Stitches your next post had better be in the intro thread.

This is your second warning - and that's all you get.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 14:20   #22
Astronomy
Quiet Professional

I'm enjoying this one. Agree about the troll diagnosis. But he's mildly entertaining.

Like three-legged dogs fucking.
Astronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 14:31   #23
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Stitches your next post had better be in the intro thread.

This is your second warning - and that's all you get.
Dare I ask??

Does he get a

PARTICIPATION AWARD ??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0_Place_Award.jpg (60.6 KB, 49 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 14:41   #24
BuckiBill
Quiet Professional

Stitches,

LMAO, I saw your original post about "needing some info STAT" and started laughing as I knew you'd get hammered.

I echo all that's said.

I don't see you making it through Selection (if you make it that far) just from the small amount of what I've read from you.

Is this a fake account and you just want to troll?

You can't be serious in what you ask.

Many men better than you don't make it.
 back to the beginning.
 Lo, they do call to me.
 They bid me take my place among them
 in the halls of Valhalla
 where the brave may live forever.
BuckiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 14:46   #25
BuckiBill
Quiet Professional

Quote:
haha alright gotta roll with the punches, no worries, that's how it is for the new guy lol

I feel ya about the grammer but here's the thing........ pretty sure you guys are too busy fragging isis to worry about adverbs, Roger? Let the REMF poges worry about paperwork while us men take care of business!!

recruiter i talked to said no problem about going to the selection, just have to sign up for the 5 year 11 bangbang hitch and then tell the drill at boot camp that i need to get to airborne and selection when I'm done there. So thats all good, just trying to get my ducks lined up and plan my career out aways.

see you down range,
stitches

SOOO much BS in these comments of his. I think he's someone that's got booted before and messing with us. The retard is strong in this one.
 back to the beginning.
 Lo, they do call to me.
 They bid me take my place among them
 in the halls of Valhalla
 where the brave may live forever.
BuckiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 14:59   #26
Joker
Quiet Professional

Stitches,
The fastest way to "jump the fence" is just drive right up to the main gate and tell them that you are there to sign up. You need to do this after you sign up for "truck mechanic" and before you go to basic. Being a "truck mechanic" is the fast track. As an 11 series it will take you ages. 18X is the same path as 11X.

If you do this, they will send you to an onsite truncated basic and AIT. Their HALO/SCUBA school is part of AIT and it can be completed in 1-month, if you are a1st time go at all stations, and you will be in the real game by 2-months doing real black ops.

You do not need to worry about gramar, but you do need to know how to text real fast, on the move, and with one hand.

Best of luck.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 16:53   #27
glebo
Quiet Professional

Wow, just wow....this (OP) guy and thread are great

I think of a category of "How not to post" comes to mind... Keep it going guys...

Ya think he's a relative of the laser armband that shot jets out of the sky guy??? :O

However as time passed, I hear he turned out to a pretty good guy though... Only hearsay to me of course...
Old 07-07-2017, 17:39   #28
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Stitches,
The fastest way to "jump the fence" is just drive right up to the main gate and tell them that you are there to sign up. You need to do this after you sign up for "truck mechanic" and before you go to basic. Being a "truck mechanic" is the fast track. As an 11 series it will take you ages. 18X is the same path as 11X.

If you do this, they will send you to an onsite truncated basic and AIT. Their HALO/SCUBA school is part of AIT and it can be completed in 1-month, if you are a1st time go at all stations, and you will be in the real game by 2-months doing real black ops.

You do not need to worry about gramar, but you do need to know how to text real fast, on the move, and with one hand.

Best of luck.
No they prefer right now helicopter mechanics. That way you can fix them and fly them. When you are in E&E you steal a Helo and fly out to a safe zone.

Last edited by SF_BHT; 08-08-2017 at 20:33.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 19:57   #29
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Thanks guys!
6 hour flight delay today and was feeling a little crabby. This thread is therapeutic.

Over and out

LHC
Old 07-07-2017, 20:13   #30
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

First impressions are lasting impressions, and you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Think about it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote