Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 10-23-2013, 08:19   #1
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Poland and The Fight

I work with a Polish man that I speak with regularly on the topic of the European Islamination. As he discussed many things, one thing he stresses is Poland's alliance with the Catholic Church and their combined fight against Islam. Poland and Polish people in general are looked upon as being aggressive in their drive to halt the Muslim invasion.

There is a thread on Why 9/11? In the Terrorism forum that points to Poland’s engagement of Muslims in the 1600s to save Europe.

The same Wikipedia article mentioned previously about the Battle of Vienna notes:

The battle was won by the combined forces of the Holy Roman Empire and the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, the latter being only represented by the forces of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland (the march of the Lithuanian army was delayed, as a result of which they arrived in Vienna after it was relieved.

The battle is also notable for including the largest cavalry charge in history.

Another web page I found discusses the Polish Cavalry from the beginning through Napoleonic Wars.

http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napole...lish_army.html

Pretty interesting read and mention that many military formations and tactics used through modern history were the result of either the Poles, or fighting them. Also sheds some light on why the Russians and Poles hate each other. Russia was pretty harsh against the Poles because of past aggressions, plus they feared a Polish uprising.

Working with Poles overseas, I can attest they are solid in their stand to fight.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05   #2
tonyz
Area Commander

Spent a month in Poland a couple of years ago.

Very impressed with the people - a very interesting environment as life under communism is not such a distant memory for many of them.

IIRC, the Warsaw Uprising was mentioned if not discussed in another thread - incredible people.

Man, can they put way the Vodka.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 13:34   #3
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Very impressed with the people - a very interesting environment as life under communism is not such a distant memory for many of them. IIRC, the Warsaw Uprising was mentioned if not discussed in another thread - incredible people. Man, can they put way the Vodka.
Have relatives there that I've visited. How Catholic are the people? Every bar that I went in had a picture of the Pope on the wall. Agree that the Poles aren't going to take Muslim expansion nicely and neither are the East Germans.

Vodka? If you're ever invited to someone's home there be prepared to drink some. Just remember the word Nostrovia.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 14:12   #4
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Have relatives there that I've visited. How Catholic are the people? Every bar that I went in had a picture of the Pope on the wall. Agree that the Poles aren't going to take Muslim expansion nicely and neither are the East Germans.

Vodka? If you're ever invited to someone's home there be prepared to drink some. Just remember the word Nostrovia.
The rule seemed to be that the evening of social drinking was not complete until the bottle on the table was empty...even when on the second...or third...or so on...

Once a reasonable attempt by all the guests was established...our hosts seemed to take pity on those having difficulty and eased the rules a bit.

Great folks ! Great times !

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote