Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 06-19-2008, 13:37   #1
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Triangle Sights — SureSights

I'm getting ready to replace my Hennie straight 8 night sights on my Glock 27 carry pistol. I've gotten interested in these SureSight sights. I like the sight picture. Before them I was looking at XS Big Dots.

Anybody use them or know anything about them?

http://www.suresight.com/

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Trip_Wire (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 14:38   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip_Wire View Post
They look good,, Have you actually seen them mounted?? They talk about the front sight
Quote:
SureSight's front sight is always visible. Because of our front sight's large size and the rear sight's relatively small size
Does this affect holster fit??
Is elevation adjustable on the front or rear sight?

AS I get older, I keep thinking I need Docter style optics on all my pistols..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 14:57   #3
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
They look good,, Have you actually seen them mounted?? They talk about the front sight

Does this affect holster fit??
Is elevation adjustable on the front or rear sight?

AS I get older, I keep thinking I need Docter style optics on all my pistols..
The very reason that I like these sights, is my age and eyes at that age. I know nothing more about these sights then one can read on the website.

My other choices were

Advantage Tactical:

http://www.advantagetactical.com/

(Which according to some reports, does have some holster problems)

Also:

XS Big Dots:

http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Old 06-19-2008, 17:58   #4
dr. mabuse
Guerrilla Chief

Just my 50 year old eyes, yet I have tried both of those triangle systems on other's guns and they were a little confusing to use quickly.

I use the XS with the smaller dot. Very fast for my eyes.

The big dot works yet you have to work harder to shoot precise with any speed IMHO. YMMV.
"The difference is that back then, we had the intestinal fortitude to do what we needed to in order to preserve our territorial sovereignty and to protect the citizens of this great country, and today, we do not." TR

"I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits." John Locke
dr. mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:40   #5
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

I put the Sure Sight sights on my Glock 36 last December. The ability to acquire the target is very fast once you get used to it. Accuracy is good, but it shoots a bit high, and there is no way to adjust elevation. Also, the yellow plastic triangle chipped kind of easily. These comments are however for their first model. They are in the process of upgrading the sights with tritium in them, better coating as not to chip, and a modified rear sight mounting base with a set screw and possible elevation adjustments. The concept of the triangle is very fast and easy to acquire. However....... The quality and adjustability issues need to be addressed. If they improve them as they say........ It should be a damn good sight. Also, I have noticed no snagging or fit issues in holsters. I have tried in at least 5 different holsters, and had no issues or problems in this area.

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18   #6
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I put the Sure Sight sights on my Glock 36 last December. The ability to acquire the target is very fast once you get used to it. Accuracy is good, but it shoots a bit high, and there is no way to adjust elevation. Also, the yellow plastic triangle chipped kind of easily. These comments are however for their first model. They are in the process of upgrading the sights with tritium in them, better coating as not to chip, and a modified rear sight mounting base with a set screw and possible elevation adjustments. The concept of the triangle is very fast and easy to acquire. However....... The quality and adjustability issues need to be addressed. If they improve them as they say........ It should be a damn good sight. Also, I have noticed no snagging or fit issues in holsters. I have tried in at least 5 different holsters, and had no issues or problems in this area.

Rogue: Thanks! Thats just the type of info that I was looking for! I have read some of these same complaints on Glock Talk on the first generation sights from them. I'm almost convinced that I'll purchase a set of these sights (without the night sight) when they are for sale in August (?).

Old 06-20-2008, 10:40   #7
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

The following is a letter i received from their company, and here is a link to photos of the night site http://www.suresight.com/photos.htm:

Dear xxxxxxx,
As promised yesterday, this is the email that describes some of the improvements
that we've implemented into the newly redesigned SureSight.

Myself, along with a very creative team of engineers have been hard at work on completing the design for the new model of SureSight. We have developed some pretty ingenious innovations that will help you get even more out of our sights. In fact, we've got several more patents pending for this new design.

Specifically, the new model SureSight that we're about to release will address four key issues people have had with past models of SureSight. They are:

1) Easier to install. Unlike previous iterations of SureSight, the new model will be substantially easier to install. The rear sight will utilize a set screw, and will be easier to slip into the dovetail without too much filing.

2) Adjustable. For the first time, SureSight will feature an adjustable apparatus. Since these sights are primarily intended for self defense and lawful carry, we had to design our own rugged system for adjusting the sights. What we've come up with is both simple and effective. Our design is strong, and while the rear sight is adjustable for elevation, the rear sight is still more than strong enough to be used to cycle the slide on one's belt or boot in "wounded shooter drills". Another advantage of an adjustable design is that you can transfer the sights within models. In other words, if you have a 9mm handgun with our sights, and you'd like to switch them to the same brand handgun but in .45 caliber, you can now do so. Once the install is complete, you simply adjust the rear sight as needed and assure zero.

3) Plastic inserts. While we've had a very low failure rate for our yellow coating chipping off our sights, we still weren't satisfied. We wanted something stronger. After a lot of engineering research and development, we have finalized a design for fluorescent plastic inserts to replace our current silk-screened coating. The plastic resin we've selected is super-tough--it's used in the most high-end military sunglasses as well as some automotive applications.

4) Tritium. This has been the primary hold up for the re-release of our sights. At this point, I'd say we are 99% sure that this is going to work very well. I'm not yet prepared to start taking orders, because we have a bit more testing to do.

Once we've got a final design, we'll let you know. Expect an email announcing this in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your patience, and rest assured that we'll let you know as soon as we are ready to roll with this new design.

All the best,

Chaim Stein
President, SureSight LLC

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Old 06-20-2008, 10:42   #8
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

and the follow up letter:

Dear xxxxxxxx,

We are now taking pre-orders for the newly redesigned SureSight.

The link to the pre-order page is: http://www.suresight.com/pre-order1.htm

These sights will be shipping by mid-June.

As mentioned, these sights offer improvements in four main ways over our
previous sights:

1) Tritium! Order your SureSight with or without tritium.

2) Easier install. Rear sight utilizes a set screw, and will be easier to install.

3) Adjustable. Strong like fixed sights, but easily adjustable for elevation.

4) Plastic inserts. For durable and fast acquisition.

Because you've signed up for our mailing list, we'd like to give you a head-start.
We will be taking pre-orders via a "hidden" link for a short while, before opening
up sales to the general public.

Considering all the interest that's been shown, we may very well sell out on our
first order from the machinist before we've even released our sights to the general public.

To make sure that you get yours, visit http://www.suresight.com/pre-order1.htm
and order your sights today!

Despite all the improvements, we've managed to keep the price on the non-
tritium models nearly the same as before.

Right now, we're taking pre-orders for Glock, Sig, and Springfield XD pistols. In the
coming days, we'll announce the availability of other models as well.

All the best,

Chaim Stein
President, SureSight LLC

SureSight, LLC, 1171 S. Robertson Blvd, #123, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA

Old 05-02-2009, 14:46   #9
nmap
Area Commander

I'm thinking of upgrading the sights on my G-17. It appears that the Tritium SureSights might be a worthwhile option. Are there any updated thoughts or impressions?

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 16:48   #10
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

WARNING!

I ordered a set of these night sights in the summer of 2008! I have not received them yet and do not get any replies to my e-mails to the Company or the President Chaim Stein

I'm afraid my $$$ are down the drain!!

Old 05-02-2009, 17:10   #11
nmap
Area Commander

Thank you, Sir.

I appreciate the warning - I'm sorry to hear they behaved badly.

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:09   #12
perdurabo
Guerrilla

Chaim Stein is a young firearms enthusiast that developed these with a lot of input from the various Internet firearms forums (YMMV). I wouldn't be surprised if he frequents these forums, as well.

I have no opinion on them. I find the traditional 3 dots more comfortable when I'm not just relying on hand-eye coord.

Interesting links:
Unfavorable words:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...revoked-4.html

The obligatory Box O' Truth review:
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/pe1.htm
perdurabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:11   #13
cbeene
Quiet Professional

Angry SureSights rips you off!!!!

I placed an order in March. The website states upfront that the lead time is 8-12 weeks and they charge your CC up front. I've called and emailed them countless times with absolutely no acknowledgement. Very, very unprofessional and exceptionally bad customer service!!!

cbeene -

Read n heed item #3 here: http://professionalsoldiers.com/foru...ead.php?t=3452

FTFSI is not an ASI we want to assign to someone with your background.

Richard
cbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:10   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeene View Post
I placed an order in March. The website states upfront that the lead time is 8-12 weeks and they charge your CC up front. I've called and emailed them countless times with absolutely no acknowledgement. Very, very unprofessional and exceptionally bad customer service!!!

You need to read the board rules and stickies and comply before posting again.

We have no idea who you are or what your qualifications might be.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 17:40   #15
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Exclamation

TR:

I don't know what 'cbeene's' status is and don't care; however, he apparently is correct on SureSight being a 'rip-off.' I have given up on either receiving the SS Night-sights I ordered as well as ever seeing the money!

I guess I'll have to chalk it up to lessons learned!