Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-02-2014, 14:26   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Target joins Chipotle, Jack in the Box, Sonic, and Chili's , no Gays allowed

Kinda strange but ok, it's their stores. I'll be doing my shopping at Wal-Mart from now on. No more Target and I don't eat at crappy, fast food corporate restaurants like Chipotle, Jack in the Box, Sonic, and Chili's anyway.

On July 2nd, Target "respectfully" asked law-abiding citizens to "not bring gays" into their stores.

The department store chain did this via an announcement posted on its website and shared by interim CEO John Mulligan.

The announcement says:

As you've likely seen in the media, there's been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit "open gayness" should be allowed to bring gays into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will respectfully request that guests not bring gays to Target--even in communities where it is permitted by law.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...e-Guns-At-Home
Old 07-02-2014, 15:33   #2
craigepo
Quiet Professional

Uhhhh, did you realize that your autocorrect turned "guns" into "gays"?

Just changes the context a little.

"One man with courage makes a majority." Andrew Jackson

"Well Mr. Carpetbagger. We got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."
Josey Wales
craigepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 16:01   #3
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

I'm sure that law abiding gang bangers will oblige the request.

I swear those corporate types are morons.
Old 07-02-2014, 19:23   #4
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
This is a result of the Open Carry Texas folks who keep going about their open-carrying in a non-intelligent fashion that can scare lots of people. Open-carry must be pursued in a smart way, easing people into it. Otherwise, a lot of people see someone open-carrying an AR-15 and think they are carrying a machine gun or something.

If we want to win Suzy Soccermom in Aisle 4 over to the cause, we have to be smart about it. And one could very much make the argument that banning the open-carry of AR-15s is not banning the ownership of AR-15s and thus does not infringe on the right of one who wishes to own them for things like a possible tyrannical government. So open-carry proponents need to be extremely careful IMO.

Broadsword why is it that you continually are of the belief that 'WE' which indicates a segment of the population you consider yourself and others a part of, usually a majority, should jump through hoops and/or lay low as a means to accommodate a mythical fear or need of a minority.

Should the Openly Gay people follow you same advice as you are suggesting to those that Open Carry?
Old 07-02-2014, 20:26   #5
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I'm gonna paint my AR rainbow colors and proudly carry my gayness in public places to show my gay (oops er I mean gat) pride!

Then someday file anti-discrimination lawsuits against everyone until I get my way. It's the American way!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 21:38   #6
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
Because said people are not necessarily a minority and can cause some major repercussions for gun rights. There are plenty of pro-2nd Amendment people who might think open-carry is rather extreme and would be okay with it being banned, and only concealed carry being legal. Look at what Open Carry Texas alone has done. It has gotten multiple chains to request people not carry guns openly. So their actions are affecting the rights of gun owners nationwide.

Like it or not, the 2nd Amendment is a very infringed on right, and as such, while we shouldn't have to jump through hoops, we nonetheless for certain things do. Being openly gay is IMO a bit different. It is not a right that anyone can argue can allow one to harm anyone else. It is not a right that can be infringed upon in the way that the 2nd Amendment can.
I understand where you are coming from, but a big part of the reason this delusional phobia of guns has been allowed to grow is by way of compromise, which is what you are suggesting those that Open Carry continue doing. Firearms owners have compromised to the point that many people are so dumbed down that they would call in SWAT over a empty rifle rack in a pickup.......on the other hand many of these same people would have no issue and find no harm with a child walking in on George Michael doing tricks in the restroom of the local park or rest stop, in fact they would flock to get his autograph....yet they have a problem and find harm with Catholic Priest taking indecent liberties with children.

30 years ago we had a High School Shooting team, they were sponsored Hodgdon and practiced at the Hodgdon ranges including the one that is 1 block from the High School. Kids brought guns on school premises in vehicles, they brought them into school before hours to show teachers and sometimes they left them for safe keeping in the principles offices.

That wasn't a rural school, it was a city school.

There was never any gun violence, no one was ever injured from a gun shot, no one was ever arrested and the school was never put on locked down.

It should also be noted that 30 years ago George Michael or any other homosexual caught frolicking would at very least have been ostracized, and everyone turned a blind eye to Father O'Malley's activities...

Last edited by Paslode; 07-02-2014 at 21:42.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 22:17   #7
PSM
Area Commander

I think you guys are falling for a leftist skam. Target didn't ban open carry in their stores. They are requesting that their patrons not open carry. I still have a suspicion that lefties are doing it with long guns to create an issue.

There is no way in hell that the Target store here in Sierra Vista, AZ, is going to ban open carry of sidearms. Too many people OC their cowboy guns and I've never seen anybody carrying a long gun into any store except a gun store...ever!

On the other hand, I believe that a company should be able to ban anyone for any reason anytime. They will just have to face whatever consequences are in the offing.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:12   #8
akv
Area Commander

My $.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie
As a group the Jewish people have been persecuted more thorough time than any other group of people.
Unfortunately I doubt any one group has claim to this title. The Holocaust was horrible, and there is definitely a long history of antisemitism in Europe, but unfortunately history is full of evil. My Polish friends for example say, figures vary but Poland lost somewhere between 15-25% of their population during the war. Imagine one out every 4 people in your country gone in 6 years. The Mongols killed everything that crawled, walked, or ran in Asia and Europe. Stalin and Mao purged their own people in numbers that dwarf the 6 million. Africa has been and remains a scary place as well.

On the guns in Target topic, both democracy and capitalism are double edged swords. It's a free country, I suspect Target and the others are increasingly concerned with their liability in an increasingly litigious society.

Like others have said, discrimination is stupid for a business because it reduces your client base, especially for a low margin business like retail, but they are free to do so. We have a right to vote with our feet and spend our money elsewhere.

I think their rationale is myopic, but democracy allows people to be foolish.
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:20   #9
hoepoe
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
As a group the Jewish people have been persecuted more thorough time than any other group of people.
The single reason the Jews have been persecuted more than any other nation is simple, because we're still here to be persecuted! Most of the others are persecuted into extinction or assimilation. We've been pissing people off for 5000 years<!

A little lightheartedness: For any of my Jewish and non-Jewish friends who would like to know more about our customs, holy days and festivals I will sum it up for you: "They tried to kill us (again), they lost (again), let's eat!"

Hoepoe
hoepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:22   #10
hoepoe
Guerrilla

On the topic, i am a firm believer of "when/where guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns).

Many of these "anti-gun" people don't realize that the bad guys don't abide by our set of rules.

H
hoepoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:49   #11
Barbarian
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigepo

Bwahahaha!!!! Too funny!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:18   #12
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigepo View Post

Yep...was expecting to see something like this...
Pavel-Petel.Russian.Muscle-man.-hig-heels.guns_.gay_.jpg

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:17   #13
Richard
Quiet Professional

Target stores are asking customers to leave their guns at home. This comes in the wake of photos showing gun activists {Open Carry Tarrant County} carrying long guns, slung over their shoulders, inside a Mansfield store.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/07/02/t...s-from-stores/

MOO - open carrying long guns into a commercial business like Target is foolish.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:32   #14
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Target clarifies that it is a request and not a policy of prohibition or ban.

LINK

Quote:
Molly Snyder, a Target spokeswoman, said the retailer will not post signs at its stores asking people not to bring guns inside. “It is not a ban,” she said. “There is no prohibition.”

She said the company decided to make this statement after hearing from people on all sides of this issue.
It looks like they are trying to get everyone to shut up and make the issue go away.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:00   #15
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

The start of this thread was great!! GAY'S!!

This is what the DemocRATS want and so they can't get it through Laws or Changing our Consitution. Then they will turn to their contributors and ask them to set the rules on how Americans shall live.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote