Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-20-2014, 11:30   #1
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Point Counterpoint

So I was enjoying my morning coffee and reviewing my weekly intel report on enemy activities (reading the Sunday edition of the Philadelphia Inquirer), when I came across this little gem by Trudy Rubin "After plane horror, Europe must stand up to Putin". I usually like to read the brainless drivel that Trudy congers up every Sunday, as I find that a good weekly boiling of the blood is a remarkable catharsis for the previous week's pent up frustrations.

It would appear dear ol' Trudy has had an epiphany..."Vladimir Putin has become a global menace" she brazenly exclaimed in her opening sentence. Gee Trudy, what was your first clue? Although, I do seem to recall you excoriating Mitt Romney after a certain Presidential debate for his "last century" foreign policy thinking as he made exactly that point.

And, oh wait, didn't you laud President Obama for his courage to make a concession to Putin by halting instillation of the missile defense shield we had previously promised Poland? I think you said something to the effect that the US needed to engender a spirit of cooperation with our former adversary.

OK, done!

So now you say that "There is a irrefutable link between the Russian leader's reckless policies...and downing of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17."

Well it was about this point that I thought dear ol' Trudy was about to come clean and admit the error of her ways. But nope, 'twas not to be. She goes on to say "These deaths should serve as a wake-up call for feckless European leaders who have failed to follow President Obama's lead and impose tougher sanctions on Russia."

So this is where I lost it and began my weekly purge of the pent-up frustrations from the week.

An image of Saturday Night Live's parody of "Point-Counterpoint" comes to mind - Trudy you ignorant slut! Only in your Unicorn populated universe is it acceptable for the leader of the world's greatest economic and military power to allow some second rate tyrant with an overgrown testosterone induced Napoleanic complex to become so emboldened as to murder, or cause to be murdered, 298 innocent people as a consequence of his misguided geopolitical ambitions.

And then to call the EU leaders feckless for not following President Obama's lead?? Really Trudy?? Really?? What lead would that be? Geopolitical Munchausen by proxy syndrome? Create the problem and then proffer an ineffective solution does not constitute leadership Trudy!!

But then again it has been your and yours pattern to blame everyone but yourselves for problems and failures. It's probably George Bush's fault huh?

Holy Shit - time to go to the range!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:46   #2
cbtengr
Area Commander

Maybe this Trudy would like to point out all the success we have had with imposing tough sanctions on those countries that do things that displease us.