Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-10-2014, 06:51   #1
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Hillary Clinton’s identity crisis

Which Hillary Clinton would run for — and, more important, govern as — president?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...c=nl_headlines

BMT
Old 07-10-2014, 08:37   #2
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
That is an interesting article. I have wondered where our statesmen have been, guys like Edmund Burke ( Irish Whig * ), folks who can navigate the politics across the spectrum...long term, with commitment to doing the right thing...even when that seems impossible?

I definitely understand corporations are not there to do us any favors, they are profit seekers, looking for their own advantage. If that balance was changed I think we would see more substance. Health Care Reform is a perfect example, they used words not deeds, they did not reform health care. They got that done because it has every advantage for the health and insurance industries ( combined with being supported with government funding )...if they tried to actually reform health care these same corporations would be screaming bloody murder.

It was intriguing how the article put that history in context, that makes me wonder more about what age we really are in...

It does not change my opinion about dangerous amateurs

* https://www.google.com/search?q=Edmu...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sickening.jpg (50.3 KB, 61 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:05   #3
tonyz
Area Commander

No identity crisis here..seems Hillary and Alinsky were pen pals.

Letters contained in links - complete article below.

The Hillary Letters
Hillary Clinton, Saul Alinsky correspondence revealed
BY: Alana Goodman
September 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Previously unpublished correspondence between Hillary Clinton and the late left-wing organizer Saul Alinsky reveal new details about her relationship with the controversial Chicago activist and shed light on her early ideological development.

Clinton met with Alinsky several times in 1968 while writing a Wellesley college thesis about his theory of community organizing.

Clinton’s relationship with Alinsky, and her support for his philosophy, continued for several years after she entered Yale law school in 1969, two letters obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/the-hillary-letters/

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:37   #4
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

It is an interesting point. However, in the last paragraph we see the problem:
Quote:
The cure for Clinton’s, and the Democrats’, identity crisis begins with a clear declaration that the nation’s economy will no longer be entrusted to the leaders of the very institutions that have brought it low.
If we cannot entrust the economy to Wall Street (a gross oversimplification IMO) we cannot entrust it to the GOV either for the same reasons.

As I have opined before, it was well intentioned legislation (Fair Housing Act) coupled with the legislation enabling the commercial and financial arms of the major banks (money center banks) to be under the same management that was the nexus of the collapse in 2008. The Law of Unintended Consequences always applies! Both pieces of legislation were Bill Clinton's administration initiatives BTW.

Frankly, the solution is not a simple binary as the article would suggest. Much more complex than that. But what do I know?
Old 09-22-2014, 16:24   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
No identity crisis here..seems Hillary and Alinsky were pen pals.
You're such a waciss, wight-wing conspiwator. She said they parted ways before those obviously fabricated letters, so how could that be? After all, she said so in her book.

Wait, I know:

"What difference, at this point, does it make!"

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote