Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 06-01-2014, 22:47   #46
Box
Quiet Professional

...is talking about the war on women to HN citizens proslytyzing?

I don't want to get in trouble for "preaching" American ways...
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:44   #47
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
...is talking about the war on women to HN citizens proslytyzing?

I don't want to get in trouble for "preaching" American ways...
War on women is Sharia Law so you would be OK.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:47   #48
Richard
Quiet Professional

Maybe she's an FBI or Mossad plant within CAIR.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/...s/misc/702.pdf

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 23:37   #49
Sigaba
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
You may reject it as much as you want. Your arguments, such as they are, do little to refute it.
@Airbornelawyer--

Among the points in my reply that you apparently decided to not consider was my indication that Ms. Billoo had baited a trap that others were willfully falling into bv replying with variants of "go back where you came from."

In my opinion, it is incumbent upon those who oppose her POVs to not be drawn into another round of the "are we at war with Islam" debate--because that's exactly what she wants her opposition to do. She is leveraging that debate as part of her broader criticisms of American politics, society, and culture. As she incidated with the following Tweet that she posted on the morning of 27 May 2014, https://twitter.com/ZahraBilloo/stat...12489271947265. In essence, she anticipated your comment of 30 May when you wrote:
Quote:
On the flip side, every ODA from Afghanistan to Mauritania should now be required, as part of its efforts at cross-cultural communication, to show its empathy for local women by telling them all about the "war on women" being waged in the US and what it entails. I am sure Afghan village women will really empathize with Jill Abramson only getting $475,000 a year when previous NYT editor Bill Keller got $559,000. Of course, that assumes the local men will allow the women to talk to us, and won't beat them or kill them afterwards.
@Guy, the answer to your question is no.

Respectfully, I don't think that the question is irrelevant to the issue at hand -- the debate over how war should be commemorated in the United States. To start setting criteria over who may or may not participate in this debate because of what religion they practice, their political views, or where they've lived, plays into the hands of the opposition.

YMMV.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote