Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-27-2020, 20:14   #1
Penn
Area Commander

Impeachment

Alan Dershowitz impeachment testimony.

All, imho, it's a must listen. The impact of Alan Dershowitz lecture is immeasurable, separation of powers. Framers intent=impact on CJ Roberts imho, will be debated for 100's of years!

Roberts is sitting in the most amazing position = CJOTSC, and Alan Dershowitz is reenforcing: The the Separation of Powers and Framers Intent.

It's an amazing constitutional lecture.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 21:05   #2
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Rachel “Madcow” Maddow would right now have John Bolton’s children if she wasn’t a man dressed in women’s clothing.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:21   #3
Penn
Area Commander

Alan Dershowitz Defense Argument Transcript

Alan Dershowitz Defense Argument Transcript: Trump Impeachment Trial January 27

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...ial-january-27
Old 01-28-2020, 10:42   #4
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I have tried to watch as much of this as I can. And I can’t understand why we’re even having this. The House Democrats involved should be ashamed of themselves and all of them should be censured until the next election.

I’m disappointed with the same level of partisan divisions in the Senate but I guess that is how we are now as a country divided. Because apparently no one has really been ‘moved’ by the hours long statements (er arguments) made by both sides. The Dems trotted out lies and innuendo and failed to prove their case. The defense team has made a great argument for dismissal but have failed to move the needle much.

What I would really like to see right now like yesterday is the FBI raiding the NSC and perp walking ever person who had a role in reviewing, redacting and declassifying John Bolton’s book. Someone in Washington needs to show what happens to leakers and let everyone else know that you are next...fire up the hot lamps and dust off the lie detector equipment because someone should be made an example of.

As far as the relevances of Bolton’s recollections they like everything everyone of these other “hearsay” witnesses have said do not make an argument for impeachment. As the good “liberal” Professor Dershowitz pointed out last night.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 01-28-2020, 11:13   #5
Penn
Area Commander

ODNT
imoo, the Senate may just have the courage to vote this process to an end, Especially after Alan Dershowitz presentation destroyed the house mangers argument. But, lets not forget Giuseppe Prezzolini who stated:
Quote:
Representative government is artifice, a political myth, designed to conceal from the masses the dominance of a self-selected, self-perpetuating, and self-serving traditional ruling class.”
Old 01-28-2020, 11:38   #6
CW3SF
Quiet Professional

The problem is that the R’s can’t stay together. The closet Democrat Trump haters will likely end up side tracking the process (Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Lamar Alexander). They don’t have the backbone to see this partisan hit job for what it is and stick with their party to end it quickly. If they do, I’ll be very surprised.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:47   #7
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I have tried to watch as much of this as I can. And I can’t understand why we’re even having this.
To UNDO the 2016 election and make sure the American People do not interfere with the 2020 election

It is PURELY political.

I would like to put on a lie detector any one of the Representatives and Senators to determine if they have done or not done the items being suggested of the President

((John 8:7-8))

Hmmmm....

Quote:
Expelled Representatives
Year Representative Party State Details
1861 John B. Clark Democratic Missouri Disloyalty to the Union; taking up arms against the United States.
1861 John W. Reid Democratic Missouri Disloyalty to the Union; taking up arms against the United States.
1861 Henry C. Burnett Democratic Kentucky Disloyalty to the Union; taking up arms against the United States.
1980 Michael J. Myers Democratic Pennsylvania Convicted of bribery in the Abscam scandal.
2002 James Traficant Democratic Ohio Convicted on ten counts including bribery, conspiracy to defraud the United States, corruption, obstruction of justice, tax evasion, and racketeering.[3]

James Madison

Last edited by Ret10Echo; 01-28-2020 at 11:57.
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:09   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

The unfortunate truth is that turds like Romney, Collins, Murkowski, McCain, Alexander, Flake, etc etc etc are elected to represent people that are generally satisfied with the shit they are slinging.

Q: How do RINO's and SJW democrats get elected ?
A: They are elected by RINO's and SJW democrats
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 01-28-2020 at 12:47.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:27   #9
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The unfortunate truth is that turds like Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Mccain, Alexander, Flkae, etc etc etc are elected to represent people that are generally satisfied with the shit they are slinging.

Q: How do RINO's and SJW democrats get elected ?
A: They are elected by RINO's and SJW democrats
The Idiocracy

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:38   #10
bubba
Quiet Professional

Brawndo, it's what plants crave...… it's got electrolytes…..

This is how it ends up, I'm becoming more and more convinced we're doomed as a functioning republic. The absolute best we can hope for at this point is a small-scale (Bloody) revolution followed up by a renaissance period that comes about because of the ART V provision in the USC. Worst case, we are headed for the 2nd coming of the Dark-Ages.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:58   #11
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

One thing is for sure...our government will never be the same after this!

The Constitutional scholars on both sides will be left scratching their heads for generations to come wondering how a man - one unsuspecting but bold business man - changed the world in so many different ways.

It really is amazing to watch. And if there is a revolution, let me participate on the right side of history and set the record straight for my son and your children to prosper in a new world.

DOL

Old 01-29-2020, 17:26   #12
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

BOOM!

If you just watched Dershowitz just blew up the bias in academia!

Old 01-30-2020, 06:51   #13
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

All of the hyperbole and partisan rancor aside, I now believe that we are at a critical nexus. The case presented clearly does not arise to a level of an impeachable offense! Moreover, the process conducted by the House is unconstitutional and the Senate should under no uncertain terms call witnesses and validate the unconstitutional process that has been presented. To validate this process by calling witnesses would forever alter the constitutional Republic that we have enjoyed for over 200 years. Doing so would leave us with a parliamentary system and once that egg is broken there's no putting it back together! I have sent letters to my Senate representatives urging them to vote against witnesses and put an end to this unconstitutional sham! I ask my Brothers to do the same.

I made this point to Senator Pat Toomey. I heard a question that he asked of the President's counsel and that question was related to this point, so I know writing our Senators will make a difference. Urge your family and fiends to do the same. It's time to acquit!

DOL
Old 01-30-2020, 08:03   #14
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
Brawndo, it's what plants crave...… it's got electrolytes…..

This is how it ends up, I'm becoming more and more convinced we're doomed as a functioning republic. The absolute best we can hope for at this point is a small-scale (Bloody) revolution followed up by a renaissance period that comes about because of the ART V provision in the USC. Worst case, we are headed for the 2nd coming of the Dark-Ages.
I agree Rep Adam Schiff keeps calling this country a "democracy". He knows we are a republic but keeps using that word over and over.

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

Last edited by doctom54; 01-30-2020 at 09:20.
doctom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:35   #15
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctom54 View Post
I agree Rep Adam Schiff keeps calling this country a "democracy". He know we are a republic but keeps using that word over and over.

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"
“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels. Among psychologists something like this known as the "illusion of truth" effect.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote