Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 09-11-2019, 20:35   #1201
Box
Quiet Professional

Looking for a Browning Rifle?
Like this one...................................

MEE TOO !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BAR.jpg (5.5 KB, 49 views)
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:42   #1202
rsdengler
Area Commander

Lol...more like this: I think Browning's are awesome....that's just me, I like the look and quality of them. A lot of them are high in price, I think this one is a bit lower. But Sweet.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cq5dam.web.835.835.jpg (9.9 KB, 25 views)

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:05   #1203
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
Lol...more like this: I think Browning's are awesome....that's just me, I like the look and quality of them. A lot of them are high in price, I think this one is a bit lower. But Sweet.....
Ummmm? That's a shotgun, a very nice one (I wouldn't mind having one myself) but definitely not a rifle. Box has the right idea. And before you start tossing around whatever disposable income you have, you might want to give serious consideration to why you want to buy a rifle. Until you win the lottery and have the disposable income to buy all your "wants", purchases should be guided by requirements. Personally, I think an MSR is the ideal solution for persons wanting to exercise/defend their Constitutional rights. Address that requirement then you can acquire something that'll look "esthetic" (and not offend the Fudds) when putting Bambi in the freezer. MOO, YMMV.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:16   #1204
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Ummmm? That's a shotgun, a very nice one (I wouldn't mind having one myself) but definitely not a rifle. Box has the right idea. And before you start tossing around whatever disposable income you have, you might want to give serious consideration to why you want to buy a rifle. Until you win the lottery and have the disposable income to buy all your "wants", purchases should be guided by requirements. Personally, I think an MSR is the ideal solution for persons wanting to exercise/defend their Constitutional rights. Address that requirement then you can acquire something that'll look "esthetic" (and not offend the Fudds) when putting Bambi in the freezer. MOO, YMMV.
Lol...No, I really want it for Skeet Shooting, sorry I know it's a shotgun..but I wouldn't mind having a rifle at a later date.

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 09-12-2019, 10:40   #1205
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
Ha, that's my next purchase.....a nice rifle.....I may go for a Browning....
Oh - I'm sorry; it's not what you said, it's what you meant to say. The wife does that to me all the time. You'd think I'd know better by now.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:14   #1206
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Oh - I'm sorry; it's not what you said, it's what you meant to say. The wife does that to me all the time. You'd think I'd know better by now.
Ha, ha....well I'm still a bit of a novice with rifles/shoot guns/and pistols. I do get to handle some nice rifles, handguns and shot guns at my local gun store. I just do a bit of window shopping and get to play with the merchandise. One of these days I'll breakdown and purchase one.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 09-12-2019 at 13:38.
Old 09-12-2019, 13:02   #1207
bblhead672
Area Commander

This could also go under the "Civil War" thread.

Nearly a Third of Democrats Say It Should Be Illegal to Join the NRA
https://pjmedia.com/trending/nearly-...-join-the-nra/

Quote:
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that nearly one-out-of-three Likely Democratic Voters (32%) favor declaring the gun rights group a terrorist organization in the community where they live. Fourteen percent (14%) of Republicans and 20% of voters not affiliated with either major party agree.

Twenty-eight percent (28%) of Democrats say Americans should be prohibited by law from belonging to pro-gun rights organizations like the NRA, a view shared by 15% of Republicans and 10% of uanffiliateds.

Among all likely voters, 23% favor declaring the NRA a terrorist organization in their home community, while 18% think it should be against the law to belong to pro-gun rights groups like the NRA.
Sadly, it doesn't even surprise me to find that 15% of so-called republicans agree with the communists.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 13:29   #1208
Badger52
Area Commander

Parkland Dad has the right idea

Father of Parkland shooting victim:
'Guns didn’t kill my daughter, Democratic policies did'

Money quote:
Quote:
"To me, gun control would’ve been if they arrested him for punching his mother’s teeth out and he got a background,” explained Pollack. "Democrats put these policies in place that don't believe in holding kids accountable or arresting them while they're juveniles...so if they don't arrest them and they don't get a background, then they're able to purchase weapons legally and a background check is useless," he said.
Full story of the interview here.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:07   #1209
bblhead672
Area Commander

Once again, I find myself distributing the letter you gentlemen released to those who cannot grasp that there are capable people resistant to a tyrannical government whose objective is the gutting and eventual elimination of the right to keep and bear arms.

Lemmings, hiding behind their comfort and the teachings of those who bow to the government as the ultimate arbitrator of their existence. They cannot bear to grasp the reality of what the communists are trying to do, they cannot accept that the communists will not be willing to let the people "passively resist" by not turning in their firearms. They cannot bring themselves to believe that a communist controlled US government will send armed agents, both willing law enforcement and military, to their doors to take the weapons.

Even here in Texas, too many gun owners are willing to go along with increasing infringements in hope that it will never reach the stated goals of the communists.
They continue to believe in the Republican party and the NRA as their saviors.

(Sorry about the vent, really frustrated this morning after arguing with idiots all week.)

Last edited by bblhead672; 09-20-2019 at 09:29.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:09   #1210
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
remember you have to have enough scattered around so you do not have to go far to get one.

My daughter was visiting last month and as she opened each closet she found a rifle or shotgun and asked why they were all spread out. I told her as I shoot the intruder with my pistol I only have 4-9 feet to go to get to the big guns. She thought about it and said not a bad idea...
I’ve been immersed in anti-2A liberal environment for the last two years. So much so I know what my peers would say: you’re a horrible person. I would never go to your house or let my family n friends go either. What a poor daughter to have to deal with such influence /sarc/

Yea i keep my mouth shut here. Even some of those charged w our security are openly anti 2a. Keep your friends close.......

Gotta love the previous drug guys. They told me in a Benghazi scenario to head over to their Armory and make myself useful. Also when we are out and about, one always tells me where the “snacks” are.

Every now and then, I meet another closet gun guy and can be myself again

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC

Last edited by frostfire; 09-21-2019 at 05:12.
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 00:43   #1211
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Looking for a Browning Rifle?
Like this one...................................

MEE TOO !!!
It won't be long before some company makes an 80% Johnny Gun receiver along with the jig to drill out the 20% and there you have a BAR in multiple calibers; .308, 5.56, .3006, 6.5 x55 SWD.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:21   #1212
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
It won't be long before some company makes an 80% Johnny Gun receiver along with the jig to drill out the 20% and there you have a BAR in multiple calibers; .308, 5.56, .3006, 6.5 x55 SWD.

Just the hope of such an endeavor is enough to cause a freedom boner.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:16   #1213
Joker
Quiet Professional

Time to call/write your Senators in opposition to Fienstien’s gun grabbing bill.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 20:24   #1214
Badger52
Area Commander

I always get a kick out of these slugs when they plug in exemptions for "possession by a retired law enforcement officer." Creates a new class of special citizen (which means, "you get yours, so vote for mine").

I have nothing for her but acronyms like GFY and BFYTW. But then I'm one of those scary people Napolitano wrote about so...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 22:23   #1215
Uman
Quiet Professional

Support for Joker from the SBF position

US Capital Switch board

202 224 3121

This should be in everyones contacts
Uman is offline   Reply With Quote