Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Middle East

Old 03-27-2015, 21:30   #16
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post

I would still like to get a program to tell who is who.
Satan?

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:25   #17
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I'm confused. Is BO sunni or shia?

Pat
sunni

Only a sunni would bow to a Saudi king.

And the USA is now assisting the house of Saud in bombing the shiites in Yemen. My guess is that the Saudis have wet their pants so much while flying their fighter jets that they have rendered then inoperable.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:02   #18
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
My guess is that the Saudis have wet their pants so much while flying their fighter jets that they have rendered then inoperable.
TS, your foresight is AMAZING !!!!

"Mechanical Problems."

Quote:
U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen

The U.S. Air Force and Navy rescued two Saudi pilots Friday after they ejected from their F-15 fighter over the Gulf of Aden during combat operations against Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The Saudi jet apparently suffered some mechanical problem forcing the pilots to eject. A U.S. Air Force Pave Hawk special operations helicopter and crew were dispatched from Djibouti to rescue the Saudi pilots.

Although their conditions are unknown, they were reported to be ambulatory. The Saudi jet and the two pilots went down in international waters. The rescue operation was coordinated by the USS Sterett, a guided-missile destroyer.

The entire operation took two hours. Saudi Arabia Thursday announced it bombed military installations in Yemen to weaken the Shiite rebels who chased the president out of the country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-...n-near-n331711
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 17:14   #19
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
TS, your foresight is AMAZING !!!!

"Mechanical Problems."
I'm guessing you've never worked with the Saudis......

Watch a few Beverly Hillbillies re-runs and think Saudis. Same exact story, different continent. Difference being Jeb and Jethro are actually brave characters, Saudies, not so much. But that's ok, we Americans fight their battles for them.

I was there for the first desert fight, and heard all the stories about the Saudis and their cowardice.

Can you tell me one major battle the Saudis have been in the last one hundred years?
Old 03-28-2015, 20:04   #20
frostfire
Area Commander

retreating America

Quote:
They hate Americans, yes, hate us but fear the shittes more.

.....That said I think the sunnis have the upper hand with the muslim in the White House also backing the sunnis.

Well, the Saudi royal family is not very pleased with the current US administration

“For the Kingdom, it is a matter of putting our foot down, where in the past we did not. It is a matter of accepting reality. You have to acknowledge the world has changed. Obama’s speech to the UN last September made it clear that America will be concentrating exclusively on Palestine and Iran, and for everywhere else – Syria, Libya, Sudan, Yemen, Mali, Iraq, Egypt, and so on – you will have to fend for yourself. So whether it is collecting your [Saudi Arabia’s] own resources to do that, or reaching out to others in the area to help you overcome these challenges, we are adjusting to the reality of a retreating America.”

“America is acting like a third world country,” he replies. Then after a pause, he adds: “I watched the Oscars the other night. And I turned to the person next to me and said, ‘You know, this is what America is best at – putting on a parade, crowds of people coming in and cheering and eating popcorn and living a wonderful life. In everyone’s minds, this is what America is about. They live the good life.’ ”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/9eb2ba0c-a...#axzz3Vjh0DYev

So much for the bowing...

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:26   #21
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
Well, the Saudi royal family is not very pleased with the current US administration

So much for the bowing...
The Saudi royal family contains thousands of highly inbreed sunnis.

9/11 was all Saudi sunni muslims and I bet if you follow the money it will lead straight back to the Saudi royal family.

The United States is the only thing stopping the Iranians from taking over the house of Saud, they know it and we know it.

They hate the West, but only when they are in Saudi Arabia, when they are here you can find them at the strip clubs, paying for prostitutes, drinking etc.

The FT.com article was not enlightening.
Old 03-29-2015, 21:38   #22
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
sunni

Only a sunni would bow to a Saudi king.
Hence, my confusion. The Saudi's don't want Iran to have nukes, but BO seems intent on letting them. There is a third leg of this stool that is missing.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 23:12   #23
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
I'm guessing you've never worked with the Saudis......

Watch a few Beverly Hillbillies re-runs and think Saudis. Same exact story, different continent. Difference being Jeb and Jethro are actually brave characters, Saudies, not so much. But that's ok, we Americans fight their battles for them.

I was there for the first desert fight, and heard all the stories about the Saudis and their cowardice.

Can you tell me one major battle the Saudis have been in the last one hundred years?
I heard a story from a US teeth arms officer(now physician and very successful businessman) who was advising the Saudi military in the 80's during the Iran-Iraq War.

During a time when the Iranians were advancing and the Iraqis were in big trouble, this US officer suggested to his Saudi counterparts that they run an EX with some wagon mounted ATGMs to teach the Saudis how to exchange space for time, etc.

He said the Saudi officers laughed and said the way it would work is foreigners like him would fight on their behalf if it became truly serious threat to The Saudi royal family.

That ended that. He found it quite enlightening. As did I with hearing the story second hand.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote