Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-19-2015, 09:29   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

The KGB/Secret Service erased tapes of latest White House incident

Well done Comrades!!! Screw oversight and the American People you do what you think is necessary for the security of the Homeland.

We see promotions and bonuses in your futures.

The former KGB would be proud!

Secret Service erased tapes of latest White House incident

By Susan Crabtree | March 18, 2015 | 7:19 pm
The Secret Service told members of Congress that the majority of the surveillance videos documenting the latest allegations of misconduct, a March 4 crash at the White House, have been erased and that the destruction of the tapes is standard operating procedure.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, said Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy showed him two existing surveillance tapes of that night, when two Secret Service agents have been accused of bumping into a White House barricade while driving after a night of drinking, but they offered only severely limited views of the sequence of events

cont:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/se...rticle/2561715
Old 03-20-2015, 05:20   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

Probably in same condition as the former SECSTATE emails.
Transparency: It's like the new Etch-A-Sketch.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:45   #3
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Well done Comrades!!! Screw oversight and the American People you do what you think is necessary for the security of the Homeland.

We see promotions and bonuses in your futures.

The former KGB would be proud!

Secret Service erased tapes of latest White House incident

By Susan Crabtree | March 18, 2015 | 7:19 pm
The Secret Service told members of Congress that the majority of the surveillance videos documenting the latest allegations of misconduct, a March 4 crash at the White House, have been erased and that the destruction of the tapes is standard operating procedure.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, said Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy showed him two existing surveillance tapes of that night, when two Secret Service agents have been accused of bumping into a White House barricade while driving after a night of drinking, but they offered only severely limited views of the sequence of events

cont:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/se...rticle/2561715
Well at least they are trying to cover their team mates. Just on a serious note it is a standard to have the system overwrite/erase historical video. There is no way any system can hold that much of data forever our system here only holds 15 days then overwrites. So if something bad is recorded you stall and let the system do the dirty for you. Bet it was what they did.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:16   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

The perspective from my foxhole...

We are ready to hang a few secret service agents over a few minutes of video that might prove they were guilty of DUI...
...if I had to protect people the likes of the politicians that these men are sworn to protect, a DUI would not be an issue. Instead, I'd almost certainly have become an IV heroin addict after 6 years of protecting the current residents of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

-I applaud these fine men for doing what they do. I for one can honestly say that I don't think I could do their job if that one single instant arose that required me to do the ultimate duty of a secret service agent - step in front of the primary and take the bullet.
These men stand ready to step forward and take a bullet to save the life of the current president of the United States of America. They train for it so it will be instinct should that time ever come. Sadly, I believe my initial instinct might be to first seek cover and return fire.
We should be buying these guys a beer, not damning them for drinking one.

Who here on the boards wants to be part of the current POTUS' personal protective detail?

Meanwhile, the former Secretary of State intentionally dodged security procedures and then DELIBERATELY deleted over 30,000 e-mails...
...and she is going to get a free pass while some of the same men that have protected her are being sullied because of their 'alcohol scandal'

For shame America
For shame
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 03-20-2015 at 11:25.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 23:18   #5
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post

I'd almost certainly have become an IV heroin addict after 6 years of protecting the current residents of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
I believe that must now be a prerequisite for working for this administration...

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:17   #6
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post

We are ready to hang a few secret service agents over a few minutes of video that might prove they were guilty of DUI...
...if I had to protect people the likes of the politicians that these men are sworn to protect, a DUI would not be an issue. Instead, I'd almost certainly have become an IV heroin addict after 6 years of protecting the current residents of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

-I applaud these fine men for doing what they do. I for one can honestly say that I don't think I could do their job if that one single instant arose that required me to do the ultimate duty of a secret service agent - step in front of the primary and take the bullet.
These men stand ready to step forward and take a bullet to save the life of the current president of the United States of America. They train for it so it will be instinct should that time ever come. Sadly, I believe my initial instinct might be to first seek cover and return fire.
We should be buying these guys a beer, not damning them for drinking one.

Who here on the boards wants to be part of the current POTUS' personal protective detail?

Meanwhile, the former Secretary of State intentionally dodged security procedures and then DELIBERATELY deleted over 30,000 e-mails...
...and she is going to get a free pass while some of the same men that have protected her are being sullied because of their 'alcohol scandal'

For shame America
For shame
I tend to agree with everything you say...(EVERYTHING you say!!!!!)

That said, if I was said agent, honesty and integrity would take over and I would come forward with my wrong doing and accept responsibility for my actions. These are certainly core values of SF. I would not want to be a SS Agent in these times. I see this as a morale issue. I've seen it happen in Ranger Batt, and I've seen it happen to SF Teams.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote