Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01   #1
Arma Viri
BANNED USER

Current US Military Reform

Gents, it's been a while!

I have a question for you. Do you think Dempsey is doing a good job in following up Schoomakers reform? I find it risky to slash an army and restucture it the way he is doing right now. America is a big nation, with a big army. And a big army has big capabilities. I wouldn't narrow and pin the way of doing business. A big army needs to be able to fight big wars. You cant do that with Stryker brigades and Combined Arms brigades. The armoured and mech inf muscles are being virtually eliminated. Dangerous... We must not forget that the threats of 2009 arent the threats of 2012. Ambitious China is growing, North Korea is becoming increasingly hostile, so is Iran. Not exactly insurgent type threats you can club fairly easy.

I'd apprecite your comments. I'm worried about the direction the US Military is heading.

Oh, and before anyone starts throwing the book on "lack of experience": I'm working at JCOS level in my country by now (Ops Policy, Requirements Determination and Planning, to be more specific). I'm envolved in decisions that are being made at the very top of the CoC.

Last edited by Arma Viri; 03-20-2012 at 10:29.
Arma Viri is offline   Reply With Quote